NASCAR at Sonoma 2012: Live Stream, Where and When to Watch, Preview and Starting Order for the Toyota/Save Mart 350.The Toyota/Save Mart 350 at the road course at Sonoma gets underway just after 3 p.m. ET.
- Language is much more than just words, or communication. A community's language is inherently tied to its cultural identity, often signifying the culture's heritage and its values. Unfortunately, about half of all of the languages in the world -- more than 3,000 different languages -- are currently on the verge of extinction. Google hopes to stem the tide with its latest effort, called The Endangered Languages Project.
- The Eagles are counting on big production from some lesser known players to make an impact for them this year.
- On May 27, 2010 New York congressman Anthony Weiner destroyed his career with a single tweet. Weiner, who married high-ranking political official Huma Abedin the year before, accidentally posted a lewd photo of himself - that was meant for a 21-year-old college student.
- Miami-Dade commissioners agreed to a plan on Tuesday to outlaw the sale of bath salts, a synthetic over the counter drug that is often associated with violence.
- Romney insists Rubio is indeed being vetted for vice presidential candidacy.
- Romney said Florida's Marco Rubio is being vetted as a candidate for vice president.
Kate Upton Gets Patriotic For GQ July 2012 Cover, Talks Career And An ?Exciting? Wardrobe Malfunction [PHOTOS]Kate Upton got a patriotic makeover for the July 2012 cover and feature story for GQ, where the blonde bombshell spoke about her career highlights, namely one exciting wardrobe malfunction, since she exploded onto the modeling scene. View the slideshow to see photos of Kate Upton along with her July 2012 GQ cover.
- Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was blown away by the sandwiches at WaWas, repeatedly mispronouncing the Pennsylvania-based supermarket chain's name as he recounted his first time visiting a WaWa during a campaign stop in Cornwall, Pa. Is the former Massachusetts governor out of touch?
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Kisses Girlfriend Amy Reimann After First NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory in Four Years [VIDEO]Dale Earnhardt Jr. earned his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series win after four years and 143 races without a first place finish. Earnhardt Jr.'s four year drought had many fans and critics questioning whether the good ole boy still had it. But after his June 17 NASCAR Sprint Cup victory at Michigan International Speedway, even his girlfriend, Amy Reimann, is convinced that No. 88 can still ride with the best of them.
NASCAR at Michigan 2012: Live Stream, Where and When to Watch, Preview and Starting Order for the Quicken Loans 400The Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan International Speedway gets underway just after 1 p.m. ET.
- Brown, a Democrat who was was barred from the floor of Michigan's House of Representatives after saying the word vagina during an impassioned abortion debate, is planning to perform the Vagina Monologues on the steps of the state's Capitol building in Lansing.
- The two issues Investors concentrated on were the general election in Greece on Sunday and the possibility of QE3 to be announced by the Fed. For the former, the latest poll survey before the blackout period showed that neither the New Democracy nor the Syriza party would have a sure win in the election. Yet, market sentiment improved as the EU welcomed Spain's request for the bailout fund and news reports that the EU/IMF might soften conditions of the Greek bailout plan. Disappointing US dat...
- Two women legislators in Michigan were banned from speaking on the state House floor this week in opposition to an anti-abortion legislation. One believes it was because she is Jewish and said the word vagina; the other believes it was because she used the word vasectomy.
- The gold market starts the final session of the week just under this week's highs, $20 an ounce below the last two months highs and $96 an ounce above the last two month's lows. In addition to signs that the Pro-bailout party might be leading the polls in Greece, there is also an expectation of coordinated central bank support for the world economy in the event that conditions deteriorate significantly in the coming 72 hours of trade. It also seems as if the trade is seeing signs of potent...
- While silver is showing a minor early rise on the charts, the July silver contract sits roughly 46 cents below this week's highs. Silver is seeing some spillover support this morning from gains in the rest of the metals complex and also from favorable currency and positive global equity market action. Internal fundamental news on silver is probably largely unimportant in the current environment, as the ebb and flow of the Greek election and the potential for action from the EU/G20 appears to ...
- Crude oil and copper prices are on the upswing amid as risk appetite firms across financial markets following reports thatcentral banks are preparing to step in to stabilize financial marketsif the weekend's much-feared Greek election outcome generates widespread dislocation. Reuters cited a G20 cited official saying the world's top monetary authorities would provide liquidity if credit conditions seize up while BOEGovernor Mervyn King unveiled a credit-easing program meant to feed funding...
- The debate over minimum wages -- does raising the minimum wage put more money in workers' pockets or just leave more of them jobless? -- is heating up at the state and federal level.
- Congress has not raised the federal minimum wage since 2006, when it increased from $5.15 to $7.25 an hour.