Articles by Microsoft
- Windows 8 RT Tablets: Asus Vivo Price Tag Likely To Start At $599
September 18 2012 8:54 AM
As the world keenly watches the next-round of the tablet war with Microsoft and its longstanding partners gearing up to launch the tablets that run on Windows 8 OS and Apple designing the launch of a smaller version of iPad in the same month, rumors are rife that Microsoft's hardware partner Asus has priced the Vivo Tab RT model at $599.
- Windows 8 Release Date Imminent: Microsoft Press Event Invites You To 'Celebrate' The New OS On Oct. 25
September 17 2012 3:06 PM
The Windows 8 release date is nearly here, and Microsoft has just sent out invitations to a press event that is likely to detail the operating system?s new features. The company has been developing its new OS for quite some time, and now the upgraded software is finally ready for its official public unveiling.
- Microsoft Surface Tablet Price Hinted By Steve Ballmer; Rumors Indicated Lower Cost For Windows RT Device
September 17 2012 12:41 PM
Microsoft is venturing deeper into the mobile industry with its upcoming Surface tablet, set for an Oct. 26 release date along its next-gen operating system, Windows 8. The official price for the Surface tablet still remains a mystery, but Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has shared some insight as to the role of cost when it comes to determining a device?s quality.
- Technology Focus: Zuck's Good Week Without Changing Name To 'Facebook Mobile'
September 16 2012 10:02 AM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, had a good week: its shares vaulted 15 percent after CEO Mark Zuckerberg appeared at a forum in San Francisco where he acknowledged mistakes. Now, with Instagram tucked in and commitments for search and mobile, is it a time for another look at half price?
- Malware Infects PCs Even Before They Reach Retail Shops, Says Microsoft Study (VIDEO)
September 16 2012 6:22 AM
A new study conducted by Microsoft dubbed Operation b70, from Aug. 2011, shows that several computers carry malware installed in the factory, BBC News reported.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date For AT&T Allegedly Revealed; Rumors Indicate Same Launch As Windows Phone 8 [REPORT]
September 15 2012 4:02 PM
The release date for Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 has not officially been revealed yet, but a tip has indicated that it may arrive at the end of next month. According to BGR, a tip has been dropped indicating that the Galaxy Note 2 will be available on AT&T beginning Oct. 21.
- Windows 8 Release Approaches: This Could Be ‘Exactly What Microsoft Needs,’ Developer Says
September 14 2012 2:36 PM
Microsoft's Oct. 26 release date for Windows 8 is quickly approaching, and fans of the long-time PC software creator have seen some new devices that will utilize the OS. At Berlin's IFA 2012, hybrid laptop-tablet gadgets were unveiled such as the Sony VAIO Duo and the T-Series 13 Ultrabook.
- Microsoft Santa Comes Calling; Free Surface Tablets, Work PCs, Windows Phone 8 Devices For Employees
September 14 2012 7:06 AM
After the iPhone 5 euphoria, it's back to Goliath Microsoft. The Redmond-software giant seems to have ushered in Christmas in Fall by deciding to distribute free surface RT tablet, Windows Phone 8 device and a refreshed Windows 8 work machine, Geek Wire reported.
- iPhone 5: What Items Were Missing In Apple’s New Smartphone?
September 13 2012 11:11 AM
When the first customers for the iPhone 5 from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, get their new products next Friday, chances are they’ll rave over the latest model, the upgrade for the nearly year-old iPhone 4S. But some anticipated items are absent, like an upgrade to Siri, NFC and biometric security.
- Facebook, Wal-Mart, Walt Disney Face Fresh Patent Suits From University Of California
September 13 2012 5:02 AM
Facebook Inc. (FB), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) and Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) face fresh patent suits from a University of California patent licensee, which sued some of the biggest U.S. companies previously, Reuters reported.
- Apple iPhone 5 Officially Announced; Thinnest and Lightest iPhone Ever
September 12 2012 3:02 PM
Apple Inc on Wednesday took the wraps off the iPhone 5, the thinnest-ever version of a smartphone that yields the majority of its profit and helped it become the world's most valuable corporation.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Event Is Here: 5 Surprising Moments From Past Announcements
September 12 2012 10:37 AM
Apple is predicted to unveil its iPhone 5 at a press event today, Sept. 12, after a long period of anticipation, gossip and speculation about what the next-generation device will feature. The company has a history of keeping its plans under wraps, although the Internet has been flooded with purported photos and leaks of what is expected to be the iPhone 5.
- Apple iPhone 5 Preview: Outsmart other Smartphones or Perish
September 12 2012 4:50 AM
The new iPhone 5 has to be more than just another smartphone as it carries the weight of Apple's future on its slim frame. Here is the preview of the new iPhone.
- iPhone 5 Event: Apple May Release Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Upgrade To Address Battery Life
September 11 2012 2:13 PM
It's been about a month and a half since Apple released OS X Mountain Lion into the wild, and even though iOS will be the centerpiece of Wednesday's iPhone 5 event in San Francisco, reports say Apple will also announce release a new update for Mac users on OS X Mountain Lion that day, which will reportedly fix an issue with fast-draining battery life. On Monday, Mac Observer was able to test a series of three Mac laptops running OS X Mountain Lion, and discovered that the 10.8.2 upgrade .....
- Apple’s iPhone5 Intro: 5 Things That May Go Wrong
September 11 2012 1:01 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) is expected to debut the iPhone 5 on Wednesday but there are at least five pitfalls that could endanger the company's huge success in the market. Here they are.
- Nokia Windows Phone 8 Devices Among First In UK With LTE, But Are Users Willing To Ditch iOS And Android?
September 11 2012 12:05 PM
The Nokia Lumia 920, a flagship Windows Phone 8 device that was recently unveiled, will be released in the United Kingdom as one of the first smartphones in that area to feature LTE connectivity. UK carrier Everything Everywhere has just announced that its plans to roll out a 4G LTE network will be put into effect, and it will be rebranding itself as EE from here on forward.
- Kindle Fire HD Will Offer Opt-Out For Ads: Is Amazon Moving Towards A Freemium Model For Its Hardware?
September 11 2012 11:34 AM
Amazon.com Inc. is reversing its decision announced just last week with the unveiling of its new HD line of Kindle Fires to supplement the devices' low cost with ad-based support. In a statement emailed to the press, Amazon said that it will now give customers the option to opt out of advertisements for a premium price of $15. The decision reflects a growing need to slash hardware prices and monetize users in other, more creative ways in what is becoming a fiercely competitive tablet marketpl...
- No Internet-Fueled Arab Spring For China's 538 Million Web Users
September 11 2012 6:16 AM
China has more Internet users than any other country in the world has inhabitants. Is that mass of people going to push for greater freedom? Not with government controls as stringent as they are now.
- Steam 'Big Picture Mode' Enters Beta: What This Means For Valve's Future Hardware
September 10 2012 4:18 PM
Following a slew of announcements about Valve Corporation expanding beyond game development and distribution into general software and hardware possibilities, Steam is officially releasing a beta version of its "Big Picture Mode" today. Showing a sleek and innovative approach to a television-based user interface, the new version of Steam raises questions about the future of PC game development.
- Proofpoint CEO: Cloud-Based Security Software Is Meeting Threats To Major Enterprises
September 10 2012 3:31 PM
Proofpoint Inc. (Nasdaq: PFPT), the security software developer that conducted an April IPO, is confident it can beat bigger rivals like Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) in the market because it uses the cloud, offers lower cost of ownership and is spending cash to devise new products. So far, none of its accounts has been successfully cyberattacked, said CEO Gary Steele.