Articles by Microsoft
- Next-Gen Gamers May Be In For Rockstar Treatment [VIDEO]
February 01 2014 11:12 AM
Microsoft and Sony might be able to give gamers a new reason to buy next-generation consoles: Grand Theft Auto V.
- Apple’s Plans For In-Car iOS System Moving Ahead [VIDEO]
January 29 2014 11:13 AM
Apple’s iOS in the Car is shown in a partial beta, Microsoft will revive the 1 Versus 100 game concept, and The Netherlands okays The Pirate Bay.
- ‘Gears Of War’ Will Now Come From Canada [VIDEO]
January 27 2014 8:45 PM
Microsoft has purchased the ‘Gears of War’ franchise from Epic Games and assigned its development team at Black Tusk to make the next installment.
- Ubisoft Assures Gamers Watch Dogs Exists For WiiU [VIDEO]
January 27 2014 3:05 PM
Today on 60 Sec Tech: Watch Dogs is NOT canceled, Microsoft buys Gear of War, and Google apologizes for its Gmail gaffe.
- 4 Million Xbox Ones Sold, Still Fewer Than PS4 [VIDEO]
January 24 2014 5:06 PM
What's happening with AAA action game "Watch Dogs"?
- Xbox One’s Big Patch and Youtube Accusations [VIDEO]
January 24 2014 5:03 PM
Microsoft has sold nearly four million Xbox Ones - but how many of those sales were due to the Youtube channels being paid to promote the console?
- Windows 8 RT Tablets: Asus Vivo Price Tag Likely To Start At $599
September 18 2012 8:54 AM
As the world keenly watches the next-round of the tablet war with Microsoft and its longstanding partners gearing up to launch the tablets that run on Windows 8 OS and Apple designing the launch of a smaller version of iPad in the same month, rumors are rife that Microsoft's hardware partner Asus has priced the Vivo Tab RT model at $599.
- Windows 8 Release Date Imminent: Microsoft Press Event Invites You To 'Celebrate' The New OS On Oct. 25
September 17 2012 3:06 PM
The Windows 8 release date is nearly here, and Microsoft has just sent out invitations to a press event that is likely to detail the operating system?s new features. The company has been developing its new OS for quite some time, and now the upgraded software is finally ready for its official public unveiling.
- Microsoft Surface Tablet Price Hinted By Steve Ballmer; Rumors Indicated Lower Cost For Windows RT Device
September 17 2012 12:41 PM
Microsoft is venturing deeper into the mobile industry with its upcoming Surface tablet, set for an Oct. 26 release date along its next-gen operating system, Windows 8. The official price for the Surface tablet still remains a mystery, but Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has shared some insight as to the role of cost when it comes to determining a device?s quality.
- Technology Focus: Zuck's Good Week Without Changing Name To 'Facebook Mobile'
September 16 2012 10:02 AM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, had a good week: its shares vaulted 15 percent after CEO Mark Zuckerberg appeared at a forum in San Francisco where he acknowledged mistakes. Now, with Instagram tucked in and commitments for search and mobile, is it a time for another look at half price?
- Malware Infects PCs Even Before They Reach Retail Shops, Says Microsoft Study (VIDEO)
September 16 2012 6:22 AM
A new study conducted by Microsoft dubbed Operation b70, from Aug. 2011, shows that several computers carry malware installed in the factory, BBC News reported.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date For AT&T Allegedly Revealed; Rumors Indicate Same Launch As Windows Phone 8 [REPORT]
September 15 2012 4:02 PM
The release date for Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 has not officially been revealed yet, but a tip has indicated that it may arrive at the end of next month. According to BGR, a tip has been dropped indicating that the Galaxy Note 2 will be available on AT&T beginning Oct. 21.
- Windows 8 Release Approaches: This Could Be ‘Exactly What Microsoft Needs,’ Developer Says
September 14 2012 2:36 PM
Microsoft's Oct. 26 release date for Windows 8 is quickly approaching, and fans of the long-time PC software creator have seen some new devices that will utilize the OS. At Berlin's IFA 2012, hybrid laptop-tablet gadgets were unveiled such as the Sony VAIO Duo and the T-Series 13 Ultrabook.
- Microsoft Santa Comes Calling; Free Surface Tablets, Work PCs, Windows Phone 8 Devices For Employees
September 14 2012 7:06 AM
After the iPhone 5 euphoria, it's back to Goliath Microsoft. The Redmond-software giant seems to have ushered in Christmas in Fall by deciding to distribute free surface RT tablet, Windows Phone 8 device and a refreshed Windows 8 work machine, Geek Wire reported.
- iPhone 5: What Items Were Missing In Apple’s New Smartphone?
September 13 2012 11:11 AM
When the first customers for the iPhone 5 from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, get their new products next Friday, chances are they’ll rave over the latest model, the upgrade for the nearly year-old iPhone 4S. But some anticipated items are absent, like an upgrade to Siri, NFC and biometric security.
- Facebook, Wal-Mart, Walt Disney Face Fresh Patent Suits From University Of California
September 13 2012 5:02 AM
Facebook Inc. (FB), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) and Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) face fresh patent suits from a University of California patent licensee, which sued some of the biggest U.S. companies previously, Reuters reported.
- Apple iPhone 5 Officially Announced; Thinnest and Lightest iPhone Ever
September 12 2012 3:02 PM
Apple Inc on Wednesday took the wraps off the iPhone 5, the thinnest-ever version of a smartphone that yields the majority of its profit and helped it become the world's most valuable corporation.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Event Is Here: 5 Surprising Moments From Past Announcements
September 12 2012 10:37 AM
Apple is predicted to unveil its iPhone 5 at a press event today, Sept. 12, after a long period of anticipation, gossip and speculation about what the next-generation device will feature. The company has a history of keeping its plans under wraps, although the Internet has been flooded with purported photos and leaks of what is expected to be the iPhone 5.
- Apple iPhone 5 Preview: Outsmart other Smartphones or Perish
September 12 2012 4:50 AM
The new iPhone 5 has to be more than just another smartphone as it carries the weight of Apple's future on its slim frame. Here is the preview of the new iPhone.
- iPhone 5 Event: Apple May Release Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Upgrade To Address Battery Life
September 11 2012 2:13 PM
It's been about a month and a half since Apple released OS X Mountain Lion into the wild, and even though iOS will be the centerpiece of Wednesday's iPhone 5 event in San Francisco, reports say Apple will also announce release a new update for Mac users on OS X Mountain Lion that day, which will reportedly fix an issue with fast-draining battery life. On Monday, Mac Observer was able to test a series of three Mac laptops running OS X Mountain Lion, and discovered that the 10.8.2 upgrade .....