- Occupy Wall Street - Passé Or Canary In A Coal Mine?
September 16 2012 11:32 AM
The Occupy Wall Street protest movement is expected to resume Monday, on the 1-year anniversary of the protests. Is the coalition passé and irrelevant? Or is it a canary in a coalmine - an indicator of worsening economic and social problems in the United States?
- Facts About Obama’s White House Term
September 07 2012 10:33 AM
Republican Truth Squad at Work, the Facts. You may or may not like Bush 43, but this is a History lesson, so it is information for all US voters, regardless of party. The facts; The day the Democrats took over was not January 20, 2009; it was January 3, 2007, the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.
- Sandra Fluke Warns Of Two Futures For Women In DNC Speech
September 05 2012 10:33 PM
Sandra Fluke delivered a short, rousing speech at at the Democratic National Convention and condemned Mitt Romney for not standing up to the extreme voices in the GOP.
- Text Of Nancy Pelosi's Speech To DNC
September 05 2012 9:35 PM
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's speech to the Democratic National Convention.
- Why Do Democrats Talk Down To Women Voters?
September 05 2012 5:14 PM
Apparently, the Democrats don't think the average woman voter is very shrewd.
- Democratic National Convention Schedule: Who's Speaking And When On Wednesday
September 05 2012 1:52 PM
The Democratic Party's quadrennial nominating party is underway, and the days preceding President Obama's climactic acceptance speech are crammed with party luminaries and promising up-and-comers. After First Lady Michelle brought down the house on Tuesday night, here's a list of what lies ahead:
- CNN Should Fire Erick Erickson Over Vagina Tweet: Petition
September 05 2012 12:25 PM
Posted on the activist website Change.org, a petition launched by user Mary Rickles of San Francisco said Erickson's continued presence on the network damages the value of the CNN brand. The petition is circulating under the name "CNN: Fire Erick Erickson."
- David Berkowitz On Gun Control: The Son Of Sam Makes More Sense Than Most Politicians
August 10 2012 11:15 AM
Decrying the recent mass shootings in Colorado and Wisconsin -- as well as gun violence in general -- the infamous serial killer David Berkowitz told the New York Daily News on Friday that "society has to take the glory out of guns."
- Pelosi Backs Reid On Tax Return Assault
August 06 2012 12:02 PM
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has supported Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's allegation that Mitt Romney avoided paying taxes for years, giving her imprimatur to a charge that Romney's campaign has dismissed as baseless slander.
- Wisconsin Temple Shooting: Sikhs Blame Ignorance About Religion; Killings Bring Debate On Gun Control Back To The Fore
August 06 2012 6:07 AM
The FBI, probing the Wisconsin Sikh Temple shooting, in which a gunman killed six and critically injured three others on Sunday, hinted that it could be an act of domestic terrorism. Meanwhile, the Sikh community in the U.S calls it a crime of "hate and ignorance."
- US Olympic Uniforms 2012: How To Look Like Team USA By Ralph Lauren
July 12 2012 5:31 PM
The US Olympic uniforms for the 2012 London Olympics were unveiled today by designer Ralph Lauren, and you don't have to be a member of Team USA to look like one.
- Rep. Barney Frank Weds Jim Ready, Becomes First Congressman In Same-Sex Marriage
July 07 2012 10:02 PM
Back in 1987, U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., became the first member of Congress to openly identify as gay. On Saturday, Frank made history again: He married partner Jim Ready and became the first congressman to enter into a same-sex marriage.
- Obamacare A Wake-Up Call For Republicans, Time To Start Governing
July 02 2012 12:26 PM
The Republican benign-neglect approach to health care reform during the past decade was an unwitting contributor to the situation we find ourselves in today.
- Obamacare 'Tax Increase' Debate Heats Up Sunday Morning News Shows
July 01 2012 12:14 PM
It's not a tax. It's a penalty. President Barack Obama's administration and its allies in Congress carpet-bombed the morning news talk show Sunday with those seven words, holding the line in a PR counter-offensive the White House has been engaging on since Friday.
- Pelosi-Boehner Photo Goes Viral: The Best Captions From Twitter So Far
June 29 2012 12:24 PM
A photo of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) that encapsulates the respective reactions of Democrats and Republicans following the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that upheld most of the Affordable Care Act, has gone viral.
- Nearly 50 Percent Say Republicans Intentionally Sabotaging Economy: Poll
June 12 2012 11:45 AM
In a new poll, 49 percent of respondents said Republican lawmakers are stalling on efforts to improve the economy in order to damage President Obama's re-election chances.
- Dueling Narratives On Disappointing May US Jobs Report
June 01 2012 2:18 PM
Democrats and Republicans are working to blame each other's policies for a lackluster May U.S. jobs report, cementing the critiques that will reverberate through the general election in November.
- Hustler?s Larry Flynt Responds To Lewd S. E. Cupp Photo: ?That?s Satire?
May 24 2012 9:40 AM
Hustler's publisher, Larry Flynt, has responded to a lewd, digitally altered photograph of conservative commentator and New York Daily News columnist S.E. Cupp in his magazine. That's satire, he told The Blaze in a two-sentence statement.
- Sunday Morning Talk Shows: Boehner, Pelosi, McConnell Offer Three Different Fixes For Debt Ceiling Conundrum [VIDEO] (blog)
May 20 2012 1:06 PM
Congressional leaders John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi pointed fingers across the aisle on Sunday morning talk shows over the reemerging debt ceiling debate, calling for different approaches to the nation's budgetary problems.
- Joe Biden Gay Marriage: 'Vast Majority' of House Democrats Agree With Vice President
May 08 2012 11:41 AM
In contrast to President Obama, the chairman of the Democratic Caucus said House Democrats overwhelming support same-sex marriage.