- Instagram, Pinterest and Netflix were among the casualties of a powerful storm in Virginia as the social media and streaming companies took to Twitter to update users on the status of their services. Why were Instagram, Pinterest and Netflix down?
- Sharp has released the World's largest HDTV. At 90-inches, it also happens to be the most expensive, with a retail price of $10,000.99.
- Two of the leading names in the video game industry, Microsoft?s Xbox360 and Sony?s PlayStation 3, both offer Internet-based services to enhance the gaming experience through social and multimedia platforms.
- Democratic candidates backed by wealthy advocates for charter schools squeaked past rivals backed by teachers unions in two California state assembly primary races on Tuesday, highlighting a bitter split in the Democratic Party over education policy.
Google Doodle Celebrates The Opening Of The First Drive-In Theater For Movies 79 Years Ago [PHOTOS & VIDEO]With many nowadays solely relying on their laptops and Netflix to watch movies, drive-in movie theaters have become a relic of the past for the latest generation. But Wednesday, Google celebrated the drive-in with its Doodle in honor of the 79th anniversary of the opening of the first theater in Camden, New Jersey. View the slideshow to see photos and watch the video below of Wednesday's Google Doodle of the opening of the first drive-in theater.
- Apple is no longer the leader in the U.S. online movie business, as Netflix has surpassed the Cupertino tech giant's iTunes services in 2011 to become the largest American online movie service in revenue terms, a recent report from market research firm IHS iSuppli has shown.
- Lorenzo Thione believes in fate and approaches the world with a somewhat self-confident naivete. This outward optimism comes across most clearly when he talks about his new business: He wants to be an artist among the artists, unchaining fine art from wealthy collectors and setting it free among the hoi polloi.
- Three months after Rush Limbaugh characterized a Georgetown Law School student Sandra Fluke as a ?slut? and a ?prostitute,? a liberal-backed boycott of the right-winger?s radio show has been effective.
- AAA projects 34.8 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home during the 2012 Memorial Day holiday weekend, but most are still concerned about their budget.
- Morgan Spurlock's new film Mansome is a major departure for the documentary filmmaker. In his previous films, such as Super-Size Me and Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden, he put himself in undesirable circumstances for the purpose of educating the public. For Mansome he takes less personal risks and focuses on the opinion of today's top comedians.
- Noting that a majority of Facebook users are women, the group is calling on CEO Mark Zuckerberg to diversify its board of directors as the company prepares to go public.
- Controversial conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh launched a Facebook campaign aimed at uniting conservative women against feminazis planning to take Rush off the air.
- Mother's Day 2012 is just around the corner, but its not too late to buy an unforgettable tech gift that will keep your mom engaged throughout the year.
Windows Marketplace Travels To 22 More Countries: Top 6 Awesome Apps To Get Started With On Your New Windows PhoneThe Microsoft's Windows Phone marketplace is still at a very nascent stage. Hence there are not nearly as many apps as there are for the Apple app store and the Google Play store. However, to keep up with competition, the company has made recent efforts to avail their marketplace in 22 new countries.
- While user excitement and rumors about Apple devices mainly flock around iPad and iPhone, Apple HD TV is also slowly yet strongly making its presence felt among TV addicts.
- Apple's new iOS 6 has a great possibility to be released in this year's Worldwide Developers Conference that will kick off on July 11. Features that it should have Face Recognition, Better Siri, NFC, Multitasking, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Date/time stamps to iMessage and text messages, AirDrop, Quick Toggles in Notification Center, Automatic App Updating and etc.
- European and U.S. stocks rose Tuesday as a negative sentiment the day before gave way to an upbeat, risk-on sentiment, despite weak economic news from the United States.