Articles by Netflix
- Google TV Looking To Howard Stern For Help
June 28 2012 3:57 PM
Google TV is hoping a new Sirius XM app with Howard Stern will boost lackluster sales.
- Sharp Launches World's Largest HDTV: Where To Buy It
June 19 2012 5:00 PM
Sharp has released the World's largest HDTV. At 90-inches, it also happens to be the most expensive, with a retail price of $10,000.99.
- Xbox Live Vs. PlayStation Network: Which Online Service Gives Players The Most For Their Money?
June 18 2012 11:59 AM
Two of the leading names in the video game industry, Microsoft?s Xbox360 and Sony?s PlayStation 3, both offer Internet-based services to enhance the gaming experience through social and multimedia platforms.
- Amazon Cuts Cloud Costs For Web Services Clients
June 14 2012 9:03 AM
Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, said it would trim costs for its Cloud computing unit known as Amazon Web Services, which operates in 190 countries and serves clients like Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX).
- California Primaries Show Democratic Divide On Education
June 06 2012 2:29 PM
Democratic candidates backed by wealthy advocates for charter schools squeaked past rivals backed by teachers unions in two California state assembly primary races on Tuesday, highlighting a bitter split in the Democratic Party over education policy.
- Google Doodle Celebrates The Opening Of The First Drive-In Theater For Movies 79 Years Ago [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
June 06 2012 9:22 AM
With many nowadays solely relying on their laptops and Netflix to watch movies, drive-in movie theaters have become a relic of the past for the latest generation. But Wednesday, Google celebrated the drive-in with its Doodle in honor of the 79th anniversary of the opening of the first theater in Camden, New Jersey. View the slideshow to see photos and watch the video below of Wednesday's Google Doodle of the opening of the first drive-in theater.
- Netflix Dethrones Apple As Leader In Booming US Online Movie Business: Report
June 06 2012 7:59 AM
Apple is no longer the leader in the U.S. online movie business, as Netflix has surpassed the Cupertino tech giant's iTunes services in 2011 to become the largest American online movie service in revenue terms, a recent report from market research firm IHS iSuppli has shown.
- The Fine Art Of Disruption: How Lorenzo Thione Evolved From 'Bing' To 'Artify It'
May 26 2012 12:02 PM
Lorenzo Thione believes in fate and approaches the world with a somewhat self-confident naivete. This outward optimism comes across most clearly when he talks about his new business: He wants to be an artist among the artists, unchaining fine art from wealthy collectors and setting it free among the hoi polloi.
- Limbaugh Boycott Gets Mixed Results; Sponsors Still Out On Ratings Decline
May 25 2012 1:07 PM
Three months after Rush Limbaugh characterized a Georgetown Law School student Sandra Fluke as a ?slut? and a ?prostitute,? a liberal-backed boycott of the right-winger?s radio show has been effective.
- Memorial Day Weekend 2012: Money-Saving Travel Tips For Your 3-Day Getaway
May 22 2012 2:08 PM
AAA projects 34.8 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home during the 2012 Memorial Day holiday weekend, but most are still concerned about their budget.
- Morgan Spurlock Interview: Doc Filmmaker Talks 'Mansome'
May 18 2012 12:16 PM
Morgan Spurlock's new film Mansome is a major departure for the documentary filmmaker. In his previous films, such as Super-Size Me and Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden, he put himself in undesirable circumstances for the purpose of educating the public. For Mansome he takes less personal risks and focuses on the opinion of today's top comedians.
- Facebook IPO: Women's Rights Group Criticizes Company For All-Male Board Of Directors
May 16 2012 11:07 AM
Noting that a majority of Facebook users are women, the group is calling on CEO Mark Zuckerberg to diversify its board of directors as the company prepares to go public.
- 'Rush Babes For America' Launched By Limbaugh: Facebook Page Against 'Feminazis' Has 25K Likes
May 09 2012 11:50 AM
Controversial conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh launched a Facebook campaign aimed at uniting conservative women against feminazis planning to take Rush off the air.
- Mother's Day 2012 Tech Gifts: Top 5 Affordable Ideas [PHOTOS]
May 09 2012 10:54 AM
Mother's Day 2012 is just around the corner, but its not too late to buy an unforgettable tech gift that will keep your mom engaged throughout the year.
- Windows Marketplace Travels To 22 More Countries: Top 6 Awesome Apps To Get Started With On Your New Windows Phone
May 03 2012 10:12 AM
The Microsoft's Windows Phone marketplace is still at a very nascent stage. Hence there are not nearly as many apps as there are for the Apple app store and the Google Play store. However, to keep up with competition, the company has made recent efforts to avail their marketplace in 22 new countries.
- Apple iTV: The New Smart HD TV Will Bring EPIX, Siri and Home Console; What More To Expect?
April 28 2012 7:57 AM
While user excitement and rumors about Apple devices mainly flock around iPad and iPhone, Apple HD TV is also slowly yet strongly making its presence felt among TV addicts.
- iOS 6 Release 2012: Top 10 Features Apple Lovers Would Want To See In Next iPhone Operating System
April 26 2012 8:11 AM
Apple's new iOS 6 has a great possibility to be released in this year's Worldwide Developers Conference that will kick off on July 11. Features that it should have Face Recognition, Better Siri, NFC, Multitasking, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Date/time stamps to iMessage and text messages, AirDrop, Quick Toggles in Notification Center, Automatic App Updating and etc.
- European Gains Boost World Markets: Daily Markets Wrap
April 24 2012 4:57 PM
European and U.S. stocks rose Tuesday as a negative sentiment the day before gave way to an upbeat, risk-on sentiment, despite weak economic news from the United States.
- Facebook IPO: 5 New Danger Signs For Investors
April 24 2012 3:13 PM
Assuming the $77 billion initial public offering by Facebook is approved, investors will likely clamor for shares just as in earlier web frenzies for Netscape Communications, Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO) and Google (Nasdaq: GOOG).. But dangers loom.
- ?Hemlock Grove? Book Review: Werewolves, Vampires And An Immaculate Conception Coming To Netflix
April 24 2012 2:45 PM
Mangled bodies of teen girls, werewolves, vampires, a Frankenstein-esque creature and an immaculate conception. The town of Hemlock Grove has a lot of mysteries (and a lot of bodies) piling up. Hemlock Grove by Brian McGreevy is bound to suck readers into the mystifying town that has surprises around every corner.