Articles by Netflix
- Netflix Stock Drops To New Six Month Low As Shares Tumble 14 Percent
April 24 2012 12:58 PM
After projecting to its investors a slowdown in growth of U.S. streaming customers, Netflix Inc., the world's largest video-subscription service, plunged to a new six month low, as shares for tumbled 14 percent to $87.89 on April 24.
- Earnings Boost Wall Street; Apple, Netflix Curb Nasdaq
April 24 2012 12:00 PM
Stocks rose on Tuesday after strong earnings from big manufacturers and AT&T, but gains were capped on Nasdaq ahead of results from Apple and after a downbeat forecast from Netflix.
- Wall Street Edges Up Early; 3M, AT&T Boost Dow
April 24 2012 10:07 AM
Wall Street edged higher at the open on Tuesday although continued concerns about Europe's debt crisis capped gains as earnings from AT&T and 3M boosted the Dow.
- Pre-market Movers (TXN, BHI, S, MMM, T, NFLX, BIG, WAT, COH)
April 24 2012 8:28 AM
The companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trade Tuesday are: Texas Instruments, Baker Hughes, Sprint Nextel, 3M Co, AT&T, Netflix, Big Lots, Waters Corp and Coach Inc.
- US Stock Futures Edge Higher, Apple To Report Results
April 24 2012 7:49 AM
Stock index futures crept higher on Tuesday after sharp market losses in the previous session but continued concerns about Europe's debt crisis could mean gains will be slight.
- US Futures Plunge On Europe Fears, China Data
April 23 2012 7:56 AM
Futures on major US indices point to a lower opening Monday as political uncertainty in France and the Netherlands, as well as mixed data from China, weighed on the sentiment.
- Tribeca Film Festival 2012: A Conversation With Shawn Christensen: Director And Star Of Curfew
April 22 2012 7:32 PM
One of the best aspects of the annual Tribeca Film Festival in New York is its showcase of brilliant short films. This is especially true of Curfew, which is being screened as part of the Men-Hattan program this year. The harrowing drama is richly crafted and profoundly affecting -- with elements of comedy.
- Asus Transformer Pad 300: Quad-Core Tab Comes With A Reasonable Price Tag
April 22 2012 8:47 AM
Asus has started shipping its Transformer Pad 300 tablet. The 10.1-inch Pad 300, aka TF300 tablet comes with a price tag of $379 and sports some high-end features like Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and a power-packed quad-core processor.
- Netflix To Post Loss In Q1, Subscriber Count In Focus
April 21 2012 7:52 AM
Home entertainment company Netflix Inc. (NAS: NFLX) is expected to post a loss for the first time in the last seven years, according to Wall Street analysts. Netflix Q1 results will be out Monday, and according to analysts, the entertainment trendsetter will lose 27 cents per share.
- 50 Key Earnings Reports To Watch, April 23-27
April 20 2012 2:42 PM
Earnings season is in full swing, and about 80 percent of the companies that have already reported topped estimates. We ran a screen and produced a list of 50 key companies set to report their earnings between April 23 and 27.
- Uppleva Vs. Apple iTV: IKEA Interprets Steve Jobs' Vision of An Integrated Television [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
April 18 2012 3:07 PM
Swedish retailer IKEA unveiled its interpetation of an integrated television on Monday, called the UPPLEVA, which means to experience. Even though Apple's late founder Steve Jobs had envisioned such a TV for his own company, it looks like IKEA will be the first to ship such an experience.
- 'Arrested Development' New Season: Netflix to Release Episodes All At Once
April 18 2012 1:27 PM
Question is -- will you watch all 10 episodes in one sitting?
- Apple Shares Stumble on iPad Mini Fears, Pulls Markets Down
April 16 2012 4:42 PM
Apple Inc. stock took a hit Monday as it dropped more than 4 percent to $580.13 a share, its first time below $600 since March 30.
- Roku 2 XD, XS Release Date: Canada Launches Devices With 100 Channels
April 16 2012 11:25 AM
Following a successful debut in the UK, Roku is releasing its Roku 2 XD and flagship Roku 2 XS in Canada. The devices offer easy access to multimedia services including Netflix, Crackle, Pandora and even games such as Angry Birds.
- Post-Market NASDAQ Gainers (FFHL, CSTR, GRVY, WRES, IGTE, ACOR, LLEN, IRBT, FORM, NFLX)
April 13 2012 6:10 AM
The top after-market NASDAQ gainers Thursday were: Fuwei Films, Coinstar, Gravity Co, Warren Resources, iGATE Corp, Acorda Therapeutics, L&L Energy, iRobot Corp, FormFactor and Netflix, Inc.
- 'Game Of Thrones' On Netflix: Why It May Never Be Available
April 10 2012 7:23 PM
Netflix has rapidly expanded its instant streaming offerings in the handful of years since it first branched out from being a Web-based DVD rental service. However, some of the most popular films and TV series, including Game of Thrones, are still unavailable on Netflix, and they may never be if HBO has its way.
- Netflix Adds Hasboro Cartoons To Lineup: Did Your Favorites Make The Cut?
April 10 2012 12:05 PM
Netflix announced a multiyear deal with Hasbro Tuesday that will bring some of your favorite childhood cartoons right to your computer screen.
- Netflix's New Political Actions Committee: FLIXPAC
April 09 2012 1:56 PM
Earlier this week, the online streaming media company, Netflix, filed a statement with the federal government to create it's very own political action committee: FLIXPAC. The new PAC will allow Netflix to directly contribute to federal campaigns, thus boosting the media company's Washington profile. More specifically, A PAC can give $5,000 to a candidate per election (primary, general or special) and up to $15,000 annually to a national political party.
- iPad 3: 10 Apps You Should Download In 2012 (Download Links)
April 05 2012 6:36 AM
The new iPad with the much talked Retina Display is finally here. The Retina display sports a 2048×1536 resolution, twice that of the iPad 2 and to enjoy that to the fullest you need to download a number of apps, most of them free, from the App Store. The apps have also upgraded themselves for the new device and promises to bring the best out of your new iPad.
- Limbaugh Lost About 100 Advertisers After First Month’s Boycott But Vows To Carry On
April 03 2012 1:35 PM
More than 100 advertisers, including all his technology advertisers except for LifeLock, withdrew their commercials from “The Rush Limbaugh Show” in the past five weeks.