Uppleva Vs. Apple iTV: IKEA Interprets Steve Jobs' Vision of An Integrated Television [PHOTOS & VIDEO]Swedish retailer IKEA unveiled its interpetation of an integrated television on Monday, called the UPPLEVA, which means to experience. Even though Apple's late founder Steve Jobs had envisioned such a TV for his own company, it looks like IKEA will be the first to ship such an experience.
- Question is -- will you watch all 10 episodes in one sitting?
- Apple Inc. stock took a hit Monday as it dropped more than 4 percent to $580.13 a share, its first time below $600 since March 30.
- Following a successful debut in the UK, Roku is releasing its Roku 2 XD and flagship Roku 2 XS in Canada. The devices offer easy access to multimedia services including Netflix, Crackle, Pandora and even games such as Angry Birds.
- The top after-market NASDAQ gainers Thursday were: Fuwei Films, Coinstar, Gravity Co, Warren Resources, iGATE Corp, Acorda Therapeutics, L&L Energy, iRobot Corp, FormFactor and Netflix, Inc.
- Netflix has rapidly expanded its instant streaming offerings in the handful of years since it first branched out from being a Web-based DVD rental service. However, some of the most popular films and TV series, including Game of Thrones, are still unavailable on Netflix, and they may never be if HBO has its way.
- Netflix announced a multiyear deal with Hasbro Tuesday that will bring some of your favorite childhood cartoons right to your computer screen.
- Earlier this week, the online streaming media company, Netflix, filed a statement with the federal government to create it's very own political action committee: FLIXPAC. The new PAC will allow Netflix to directly contribute to federal campaigns, thus boosting the media company's Washington profile. More specifically, A PAC can give $5,000 to a candidate per election (primary, general or special) and up to $15,000 annually to a national political party.
- The new iPad with the much talked Retina Display is finally here. The Retina display sports a 2048×1536 resolution, twice that of the iPad 2 and to enjoy that to the fullest you need to download a number of apps, most of them free, from the App Store. The apps have also upgraded themselves for the new device and promises to bring the best out of your new iPad.
- More than 100 advertisers, including all his technology advertisers except for LifeLock, withdrew their commercials from “The Rush Limbaugh Show” in the past five weeks.
IOS 5.1 Features: Apple Working On Game Controller, 5 Reasons We'd Like To See 'Hardcore' Gameplay On IOS [SPECS]One of the biggest allures attracting fans to the new iPad is its high-resolution Retina display. The enhanced visuals make the device an optimal gaming outlet, allowing tablets to stake a claim in the console and PC- dominated video game universe.
- Starting from wild rumors on iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3 to grand launch of Apple's legendary New iPad (or iPad 3) and once again the world witnessed Apple Mania!
- Every year, the Y Combinator Demo Day gives startup companies an opportunity to pitch their incubated startups to the Valley's biggest investors. This edition brings more than 60 companies, and at least one of them is sure to make some waves: Flutter.
- Galaxy S 4G Blaze, which is of course another incarnation of the original Galaxy S, is the latest Samsung device that was launched on T-Mobile.
- Apple TV's present UI would have Steve Jobs cringing with shame as he had rejected the same five years back, tweeted Michael Margolis, a former engineer at Apple.
- Hollywood siblings have been dominating (and heating up) the movie and music scene. Who are the smoking hot brothers? And when can we see them take over the big screen or the big stage?
- In 2013, Netflix and horror director Eli Roth will team up to stream a new, original and horrifying series, Hemlock Grove. The slated 13 episodes are based off the book of the same title by Brian McGreevy, who will also be an executive producer.
- The new iPad is a hot product, in more ways than one. After enjoying a record-breaking launch weekend, some owners are now saying that the device is literally too hot to handle. Consumer Reports put the new iPad to the test on Tuesday, finding that the device can reach temperatures up to 116ºF, specifically when playing the game Infinity Blade II over a Wi-Fi connection.
- Ever since Legend of Korra, a follow up series to Nickelodeon's hugely popular Avatar: The Last Airbender was announced on July 22, 2012 fans have been eagerly awaiting the new animated series, which picks up 70 years after the original epic series left off. Over the weekend the series premiere leaked online and spread rapidly on Facebook and Twitter. A section of the first episode was even briefly available on YouTube. The show is set to premiere a month from now on April 14 ...