- One of the best aspects of the annual Tribeca Film Festival in New York is its showcase of brilliant short films. This is especially true of Curfew, which is being screened as part of the Men-Hattan program this year. The harrowing drama is richly crafted and profoundly affecting -- with elements of comedy.
- Asus has started shipping its Transformer Pad 300 tablet. The 10.1-inch Pad 300, aka TF300 tablet comes with a price tag of $379 and sports some high-end features like Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and a power-packed quad-core processor.
- Home entertainment company Netflix Inc. (NAS: NFLX) is expected to post a loss for the first time in the last seven years, according to Wall Street analysts. Netflix Q1 results will be out Monday, and according to analysts, the entertainment trendsetter will lose 27 cents per share.
Uppleva Vs. Apple iTV: IKEA Interprets Steve Jobs' Vision of An Integrated Television [PHOTOS & VIDEO]Swedish retailer IKEA unveiled its interpetation of an integrated television on Monday, called the UPPLEVA, which means to experience. Even though Apple's late founder Steve Jobs had envisioned such a TV for his own company, it looks like IKEA will be the first to ship such an experience.
- Question is -- will you watch all 10 episodes in one sitting?
- Apple Inc. stock took a hit Monday as it dropped more than 4 percent to $580.13 a share, its first time below $600 since March 30.
- Following a successful debut in the UK, Roku is releasing its Roku 2 XD and flagship Roku 2 XS in Canada. The devices offer easy access to multimedia services including Netflix, Crackle, Pandora and even games such as Angry Birds.
- The top after-market NASDAQ gainers Thursday were: Fuwei Films, Coinstar, Gravity Co, Warren Resources, iGATE Corp, Acorda Therapeutics, L&L Energy, iRobot Corp, FormFactor and Netflix, Inc.
- Netflix has rapidly expanded its instant streaming offerings in the handful of years since it first branched out from being a Web-based DVD rental service. However, some of the most popular films and TV series, including Game of Thrones, are still unavailable on Netflix, and they may never be if HBO has its way.
- Netflix announced a multiyear deal with Hasbro Tuesday that will bring some of your favorite childhood cartoons right to your computer screen.
- Earlier this week, the online streaming media company, Netflix, filed a statement with the federal government to create it's very own political action committee: FLIXPAC. The new PAC will allow Netflix to directly contribute to federal campaigns, thus boosting the media company's Washington profile. More specifically, A PAC can give $5,000 to a candidate per election (primary, general or special) and up to $15,000 annually to a national political party.
- The new iPad with the much talked Retina Display is finally here. The Retina display sports a 2048×1536 resolution, twice that of the iPad 2 and to enjoy that to the fullest you need to download a number of apps, most of them free, from the App Store. The apps have also upgraded themselves for the new device and promises to bring the best out of your new iPad.
- More than 100 advertisers, including all his technology advertisers except for LifeLock, withdrew their commercials from “The Rush Limbaugh Show” in the past five weeks.
IOS 5.1 Features: Apple Working On Game Controller, 5 Reasons We'd Like To See 'Hardcore' Gameplay On IOS [SPECS]One of the biggest allures attracting fans to the new iPad is its high-resolution Retina display. The enhanced visuals make the device an optimal gaming outlet, allowing tablets to stake a claim in the console and PC- dominated video game universe.
- Starting from wild rumors on iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3 to grand launch of Apple's legendary New iPad (or iPad 3) and once again the world witnessed Apple Mania!
- Every year, the Y Combinator Demo Day gives startup companies an opportunity to pitch their incubated startups to the Valley's biggest investors. This edition brings more than 60 companies, and at least one of them is sure to make some waves: Flutter.
- Galaxy S 4G Blaze, which is of course another incarnation of the original Galaxy S, is the latest Samsung device that was launched on T-Mobile.
- Apple TV's present UI would have Steve Jobs cringing with shame as he had rejected the same five years back, tweeted Michael Margolis, a former engineer at Apple.
- Hollywood siblings have been dominating (and heating up) the movie and music scene. Who are the smoking hot brothers? And when can we see them take over the big screen or the big stage?