- Gamers and PlayStation fans can check another major event off their calendar. Today, the entertainment and electronics company released the PS Vita, a sleek follow-up to the previous Play Station Portable (PSP). But is this new gaming device geared towards hardcore gamers or mobile app lovers? Unlike its predecessor, the Vita was designed and developed during the age of social networking and smartphones, giving it more of a modern edge. Here are five things to know about the latest Sony release....
- Shares of Los Gatos, Calif.-based Netflix were down more than 4 percent Wednesday following a day earlier announcement that Comcast was jumping into the online streaming foray.
- The nation's biggest cable company, Comcast, is set to unveil its new on-demand video streaming service, Xfinity Streampix, this week, which will be a cheaper alternative to competitor Netflix at $5 per month.
David Cross Confesses to Snorting Cocaine at White House Correspondents' Dinner with Girlfriend Amber Tamblyn [NSFW]Arrested Development star David Cross confessed to snorting cocaine at the 2009 White House Correspondent's dinner, while in the presence of President Obama, in a recent interview with Playboy magazine, according to the NY Daily News.
David Cross Confesses to Snorting Cocaine at White House Correspondent's Dinner with Girlfriend Amber TamblynArrested Development star David Cross confessed to snorting cocaine at the 2009 White House Correspondent's dinner, while in the presence of President Obama, in a recent interview with Playboy magazine, according to the NY Daily News.
- Netflix and the Weinstein Co. announced Tuesday it had entered into a multi-year licensing agreement that will make foreign language, documentary and certain other movies from The Weinstein Company available exclusively to U.S. Netflix subscribers.
- Last night, our beloved Downton Abbey concluded its second season. We've been on board with the show from the moment we heard the series' dramatic overture. Since then, it's been a marathon of dressing gongs, fancy dinning utensils, secret affairs, stolen glances, bitter revenge, and constant Oh no, they didn't moments.
- The ongoing kerfuffle between classic TV services and the web's intermediaries has a new web-streaming combatant, Aereo, which announced on Wednesday a $20.5 million infusion of funding from media veteran Barry Diller.
- Droid 4, which was released Friday (Feb. 10), is Motorola's first 4G LTE smartphone that comes with the QWERTY keyboard.
- Has Facebook, the No. 1 global social media site now seeking to go public, overlooked women, who constitute more than half of its 845 million members?
- Valentine's Day is hard enough without choosing the wrong DVD to watch.
- Shares of the Bellevue, Wash.-based company rose nearly 18 percent to $59.37 in morning trading.
- Is a 42-inch Apple HDTV on its way with a price tag of $1499? Yes, if reports claiming that Best Buy is surveying customers' expectations from the highly anticipated Apple TV, are to be believed.
- Early in Lilyhammer, Netflix's eight-show original series that launches Monday, we meet Steven Van Zandt's Frank The Fixer Tagliano.