David Cross Confesses to Snorting Cocaine at White House Correspondents' Dinner with Girlfriend Amber Tamblyn [NSFW]Arrested Development star David Cross confessed to snorting cocaine at the 2009 White House Correspondent's dinner, while in the presence of President Obama, in a recent interview with Playboy magazine, according to the NY Daily News.
David Cross Confesses to Snorting Cocaine at White House Correspondent's Dinner with Girlfriend Amber TamblynArrested Development star David Cross confessed to snorting cocaine at the 2009 White House Correspondent's dinner, while in the presence of President Obama, in a recent interview with Playboy magazine, according to the NY Daily News.
- Netflix and the Weinstein Co. announced Tuesday it had entered into a multi-year licensing agreement that will make foreign language, documentary and certain other movies from The Weinstein Company available exclusively to U.S. Netflix subscribers.
- Last night, our beloved Downton Abbey concluded its second season. We've been on board with the show from the moment we heard the series' dramatic overture. Since then, it's been a marathon of dressing gongs, fancy dinning utensils, secret affairs, stolen glances, bitter revenge, and constant Oh no, they didn't moments.
- The ongoing kerfuffle between classic TV services and the web's intermediaries has a new web-streaming combatant, Aereo, which announced on Wednesday a $20.5 million infusion of funding from media veteran Barry Diller.
- Droid 4, which was released Friday (Feb. 10), is Motorola's first 4G LTE smartphone that comes with the QWERTY keyboard.
- Has Facebook, the No. 1 global social media site now seeking to go public, overlooked women, who constitute more than half of its 845 million members?
- Valentine's Day is hard enough without choosing the wrong DVD to watch.
- Shares of the Bellevue, Wash.-based company rose nearly 18 percent to $59.37 in morning trading.
- Is a 42-inch Apple HDTV on its way with a price tag of $1499? Yes, if reports claiming that Best Buy is surveying customers' expectations from the highly anticipated Apple TV, are to be believed.
- Early in Lilyhammer, Netflix's eight-show original series that launches Monday, we meet Steven Van Zandt's Frank The Fixer Tagliano.
- Coinstar Inc. (NASDAQ:CSTR), parent of DVD-rental firm Redbox, reported a jump in fourth-quarter profit that beat analyst expectations as soaring revenue offset a slight decrease in its operating margin.
Netflix Seeks to Spur Growth in Sales, Streaming Video After 2011 Blunders as Rivals Like Verizon EnterThe challenge for the Los Gatos, Calif.-based entertainment provider is to stand out as others such as Hulu and Amazon with its Prime service and Redbox try to gain an edge in the streaming business.
- Netflix released a new original series, Lilyhammer, Monday, starring former The Sopranos star and E Street Band-member Steven Van Zandt. Although the Norwegian-American series was produced by Rubicon TV AS, a Norwegian production company, Netflix co-produced and financed much of the show, signaling a remarkable new business direction for the company.
- The deal will allow Redbox to pose a more credible challenge to rival Netflix, while it could permit Verizon to control more of the content available through its platforms.