Articles by New Jersey
- Strong Winds, Storms From Possible ‘Derecho’ About To Hit New York City, Northeast
July 26 2012 6:42 PM
An outbreak of severe weather could hit the Northeast and especially New York City Thursday evening, with some meteorologists predicting a wallop similar to the ‘derecho’ that knocked out Washington D.C.’s power.
- Mitt Romney Namedrops Marco Rubio On Piers Morgan, Fueling Veep Speculation
July 26 2012 5:14 PM
Mitt Romney randomly mentioned U.S. Senator Marco Rubio during a Piers Morgan interview, reigniting speculation that the Florida Republican will be the former Massachusetts governor’s Vice Presidential pick.
- Telemundo Model Liza Irizarry Sues Victoria's Secret's Model Selita Ebanks After A Catfight Over Boyfriend Terrence J
July 26 2012 10:00 AM
Catfights are not new to the entertainment industry and in most of the cases; the fight is for a man. This incident took place almost a year back in Miami's Dream Nightclub last year when the famous Victoria Secret Model Selita Ebanks allegedly hit the 34-year-old Telemundo model Liza Irizarry and broke her nose for kissing boyfriend Terrence J.
- Merck Second-Quarter Earnings Preview: A Glimpse
July 25 2012 4:25 PM
Based on analyst estimates, Merck & Co. will report earnings of $1.01 a share on sales of about $12.16 billion -- an increase of 0.1 percent from the year-earlier quarter. The company posts its second-quarter earnings on Friday, before the opening bell.
- Dennis Rodman: The Night He Finally Met His Estranged Father After 42-Years
July 20 2012 8:01 AM
Late Wednesday former NBA star Dennis Rodman had a life changing experience. After 42 long years he finally met his estranged father, Philander Rodman Jr.
- Courtney Lee Traded To The Boston Celtics In Return For JaJuan Johnson
July 19 2012 6:19 PM
The four year veteran will look to continue his development playing alongside Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce.
- The Best Cities In America For Your Social Life
July 19 2012 3:15 PM
Do you prefer rooftop terraces to big backyards, an evening at the theater to a night on the couch, or coffee at a café instead of a cup of tea at home alone? If so, you may want to check out one of the cities on Coldwell Banker’s new survey of America’s top 10 markets for “social seekers.”
- Boy Scouts Stand By Anti-Gay Ban
July 17 2012 7:50 PM
The Boy Scouts of America reaffirmed Tuesday its policy to exclude gays from joining or being leaders.
- Dimming Hopes For A Back-To-School Rebound For Retailers
July 17 2012 4:17 PM
It seems as though the world if retail is hitting some mid-year skids, leaving market watchers wondering if they already need to write of the second-most important sales season of the year: Back to school.
- Airline Passengers Revolt After Three-Day Delay In China
July 16 2012 5:50 PM
United customers staged a rebellion in a Shanghai airport after their flight was cancelled again and again. After being scheduled to leave China on Wednesday, customers finally landed in Newark, New Jersey on Saturday morning. Passengers pulled a customer service representative across the counter by his tie.
- Don't Give Up Yet: US Solar Companies can Compete with China with a Bit of Innovation
July 16 2012 1:53 PM
The US solar industry is undergoing some serious growing pains, with bankruptcies and mergers a necessary part of that process; meanwhile, competition from Chinese solar panels has many believing that American solar simply cannot compete. Not so. Solar's track record is certainly not inspiring: The past couple of years have seen a number of high-profile bankruptcies, including Solyndra, Q-Cells, Evergreen Solar and Abound Solar.
- Gay Couple’s Picture Misused For Anti-Gay Campaign Ad In Colorado
July 15 2012 11:48 AM
A photo from a New Jersey gay couple's engagement party has landed an anti-gay union organization in hot water, after it used the photo without permission in a political attack ad against a pro-civil union Republican in Colorado.
- FDA Warns About Listeria Threat In Mexicali Cheese Corp. Products
July 13 2012 11:23 PM
Because the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes was found in the Mexicali Cheese Corp.'s finished product, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning people to neither consume nor purchase any of the company's products.
- Joe Johnson Calls Nets ‘Best Team’ In New York: Is Brooklyn Better Than The Knicks?
July 13 2012 3:07 PM
Have the Nets surpassed the Knicks as the best team in the Big Apple?
- Cam Janssen's Homophobic Comments Fly In The Face Of The NHL's Progress For Gay Players
July 12 2012 7:55 PM
The NHL enforcer said he'd kick an openly gay player's ass.
- Amazon Begins Push for Same-Day Delivery. Could This Hurt Local Business?
July 12 2012 5:15 PM
Internet superstore Amazon has something huge in the works. After a long history of fighting against collecting sales tax, the company seems to have a new strategy to stay on top: same-day delivery.
- Spin Magazine's New Owner Quashes Rumors Of Mag's Demise -- For Now
July 11 2012 5:59 PM
The question on everyone's mind is this: Why would a hot Internet company with an empire of music and culture blogs want to invest its resources in print? Tyler Goldman, Buzzmedia's CEO, said Spin is much more than a print publication.
- Deron Williams Signs Brooklyn Nets Contract On An Apple iPad [PHOTO]
July 11 2012 10:16 AM
Deron Williams announced his decision to stay with the Nets via his Twitter account on Tuesday night, and also attached a photo of him signing his five-year, $98 million Brooklyn Nets contract on an Apple iPad.
- PFG Collapses In MF Global-like Debacle; Broker Rues Lack Of Caution, Oversight
July 11 2012 7:44 AM
Financial professionals reeled Wednesday after the now-collapsed futures merchant PFG (Peregrine Financial Group Inc.), whose troubles bear an unnerving similarity to MF Global's woes, left as much as $200 million unaccounted for and PFG clients kicking themselves for ignoring the warning signs.
- Brooklyn Nets News: Dwight Howard Trade Rumors Return Kris Humphries To Spotlight
July 10 2012 8:29 AM
Kris Humphries just cannot stay out of the headlines. The free agent forward has followed up his high profile marriage and divorce with a career year, being bestowed with the ignominious honor as the 'Most Disliked Player In The NBA' and on Monday, he has emerged as the final obstruction to the blockbuster trade of the year.