Articles by New Jersey
- Anthony Davis Selected No. 1 Overall By New Orleans Hornets In NBA Draft
June 28 2012 11:09 PM
the inevitable became official as Davis was selected first overall.
- Weight-Loss Pill Approved By FDA, The First In Years
June 28 2012 4:31 PM
The FDA has approved the first new weight-loss pill in more than a decade: Belviq, a long term anti-obesity drug produced by Arena Pharmaceuticals.
- 2012 NBA Draft: Free Live Stream, Draft Order and Preview
June 28 2012 12:29 PM
The 2012 NBA draft kicks off at 7 p.m. ET Thursday from the Prudential Center.
- Health Care Supreme Court Decision: Shares of Medicaid MCOs Soar
June 28 2012 10:54 AM
The Supreme Court health care decision confirming the constitutionality of the president's signature legislative achievement and expanding insurance to millions of low-income Americans under Medicaid will provide a large influx of new customers and notable revenue opportunity for Medicaid-focused managed-care organizations (MCOs).
- NBA Draft 2012 Preview, Where and How to Watch Online
June 28 2012 10:15 AM
The 2012 NBA Draft is set to get underway on Thursday night at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
- New York City's Minimum Wage Clash An Echo Of National Polemics
June 28 2012 5:48 AM
The New York City Council is scheduled to vote Thursday to override Mayor Michael Bloomberg's veto of a bill to require some city employers to pay their workers at least $11.50 an hour, or $10 hourly with benefits. And it's likely to happen.
- Diabetes Reversed In Mice Thanks To Stem Cell Transplant
June 27 2012 11:33 AM
Diabetic mice were able to go off insulin after receiving a pancreatic stem cell transplant, which restarted the cycle in which insulin production rises or falls based on blood sugar levels.
- Last Chance To Buy 'New' Gasoline-Powered Saab - Cars Languishing in Ports To Be Auctioned
June 27 2012 11:25 AM
The collection of new Saab Automobile AB 9-3, 9-4 and 9-5 cars that have been languishing in U.S. ports following the company's bankruptcy will be liquidated at auction beginning on June 28 with a lot in Newark, N.J.
- Gunnar The Seal, Real-Life U.S. Navy SEALs Veteran, Dies At 38
June 27 2012 11:09 AM
Gunnar the seal, a real-life U.S. Navy seal part of the marine mammal program, died on Friday at the age of 38, the Smithsonian National Zoo announced on Tuesday.
- Falling US Gas Prices: Stimulus At The Pump
June 26 2012 3:33 PM
The 54-cent decline in the average price of gasoline over the last 3 months should add approximately $54 billion of incremental income to U.S. consumers.
- NBA Mock Draft 2012: Davis, Robinson Top Expected Lottery Picks
June 26 2012 2:17 PM
The expected top 14 picks on Thursday night's NBA Draft.
- Little League Player Lawsuit: 11-Year-Old Matthew Migliaccio Sued For $150,000 For Hitting Spectator Elizabeth Lloyd With Baseball
June 24 2012 10:08 AM
New Jersey woman Elizabeth Lloyd filed a lawsuit for more than $150,000 after an 11-year-old baseball player hit her with a ball during a Manchester Little League game two years ago. Lloyd was sitting at a picnic table near a bullpen which had a fence when she was hit in the face with a ball by the catcher, then 11-year-old Matthew Migliaccio. She is seeking $150,000 in damages for medical expenses and an undefined amount for pain and suffering.
- Gay Marriage Opponents Funnel $2M To Oust New York Republicans Who Backed Legalization
June 24 2012 9:12 AM
The National Organization for Marriage will reportedly use $2 million to unseat the Republican lawmakers who helped make same-sex marriage legal in the New York.
- Gue$$ What'$ In $tore For Romney Thi$ Weekend?
June 22 2012 9:05 AM
Some of the most important Republican Party stalwarts and alms-givers are gearing up for Mitt Romney's three-day retreat this weekend at Deer Valley Resort, 38 miles east of Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Facecrook Site Helps Cops Catch Criminals With Help Of Web Users
June 21 2012 10:47 PM
Facecrook is a new site developed by the Bergen County Sheriff's Office to help it catch criminals through an online database.
- 'Facecrook' Site Launched To Catch Bergen County Fugitives [PHOTO]
June 21 2012 11:38 AM
Don't expect fugitives in Bergen County, N.J., to like the county sheriff office's Facecrook site set up to apprehend them. The Facecrook site is the brainchild of Bergen County Sheriff Office Inspector Mickey Bradley, who told the Bergen Record that he believes Facecrook is the first site of its kind in the country. Bradley bought the domain, facecrook.us, for $17 about a year ago.
- Why Companies Are Racing To Cut Earnings Forecasts
June 21 2012 9:45 AM
Expectations for U.S. company earnings are on a slippery slope down Wall Street. While the downward slide in estimates highlights the caution analysts and companies are expressing, investors should also be aware that companies are setting lower goals so that they can look better or be able to ?beat estimates? when the results come out.
- Marco Rubio?s Book ?An American Son? Reveals Mormon Past, Explains Immigration Views
June 20 2012 12:50 PM
Romney insists Rubio is indeed being vetted for vice presidential candidacy.
- US Deserter Found: David Hemler Breaks His Silence After Leaving The Air Force 28 Years Ago
June 19 2012 4:04 PM
David Hemler, who deserted the United States Air Force approximately 28 years ago, was found in Sweden, where he has been living since 1984, after he revealed his true identity to his family.
- NBA Mock Draft 2012: Lottery Picks and Preview for the June 28 Draft
June 19 2012 3:40 PM
Here's a first round mock draft for the players expected to be lottery picks on June 28 at the Prudential Center in New Jersey.