- Nicole Richie, 33, stunned the masses when she wore an $8,000 Mathieu Mirano gown to the ALMA Awards in Pasadena on Sunday, E! News reported.
- US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton greeted Myanmar democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi at the U.S. Institute of Peace in Washington, DC.
- Major League Baseball said it will investigate the gay slur written in Spanish on the eye black Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar.
Steve Sabol, NFL Films President And Co-Founder, Dead At 69. NFL Players And Insiders React On Twitter [PHOTO]Steve Sabol, one of the founding members of NFL Films, died this morning after he lost his battle with brain cancer at the age of 69.
- Anyone who's ever watched an interview with Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte knows that he isn't the most intelligent of public figures. That's why Seth MacFarlane Saturday Night Live portrayal of Lochte as dimwitted was pretty dead on. Now the athlete has reacted to the Family Guy creator's Weekend Update spoof.
- The leader of Lebanon's militant Islamist political party Hezbollah has issued a proclamation calling for the death of the producers of the highly controversial film, Innocence of Muslims, which has sparked outrage, protests and violent attacks throughout the Islamic world.
- The stock markets are having a monster rally. But next earnings season might challenge that.
- The latest United Colors of Benetton promotional campaign, valued at approximately $26 million, will give seed money to young entrepreneurs whose ideas are most popular among registered visitors to the company's site.
- A leaked video posted on YouTube by Mother Jones magazine highlights the difficulty of politicians speaking candidly in small groups. Meanwhile, the identity of the person who originally recorded the video at a Mitt Romney fundraiser has yet to be revealed.
- National Cheeseburger Day is Tuesday, Sept. 18. Burger joints across the nation are celebrating this momentous occasion with a variety of deals, while others are honoring the day by using your cheeseburger purchase to benefit charity.
- The famed Premier League club went public in August.
- A federal judge has halted a recent court ruling that sharply questioned the federal government's power to indefinitely detain terror suspects -- but the issue won't be solved until later this month at the earliest.
- Injured running backs are a common problem for fantasy owners.
Ireland Baldwin And Kendall Jenner Post Bikini Twitter Pictures, Too Inappropriate For 16-Year Old Celebs?In the latest twitpic controversy, Ireland Baldwin, the 16-year-old daughter of Alec Baldwin and ex-wife Kim Basinger, decided to show off her body in a provocative black and white bikini to her almost 19,000 Twitter followers on Sunday.
- Here are the complete betting lines for all the 2012 NFL Week 3 games, including the point spreads and totals. These are the consensus odds from multiple sportsbooks in Las Vegas.
- Pakistan's Supreme Court finally got its way late Tuesday in a long-simmering row regarding President Asif Ali "Mr. 10 Percent" Zardari's unwillingness to respond to a Swiss inquiry into his alleged corruption dating back to his days as a high-ranking official under his wife Benazir Bhutto's second administration.
- Crude oil prices slumped on Monday on profit-taking. The surprising decline of almost US$5 in just a few minutes on very high volume triggered the CFTC to investigate the case with the CME. The front-month contract for WTI crude oil slipped to as low as 94.65 before ending the day at 96.62, down -2.40%, while the equivalent Brent crude contract plunged to a 6-week low of 111.5 before settling at 113.79, down -2.66%. Gold also faced profit-taking and USD's recovery, sending the Comex benchmark...