Articles by The New York Times
- Germany, Most Robust European Economy, Headed For Recession - Economists
September 07 2012 11:27 AM
Germany is currently seeing better-than-predicted GDP growth, low unemployment, and steady prices. Surprisingly, economists say a recession is around the corner.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: Alleged Sept. 21 Release Date Coincides With FedEx 'Surge'
September 07 2012 11:02 AM
Apple is all set to unveil its next-generation smartphone next Wednesday, but when can we expect to see the iPhone 5 on store shelves? Reports for the last several months have pegged Friday, Sept. 21 as the new iPhone's alleged release date, and a new report released Friday gives more credence to the rumors.
- Pre-Market Movers (Deutsche Bank, ING Groep, Rio Tinto, Cliffs Natural, Tata Motors, Bank of America, Audience, Pandora)
September 07 2012 6:47 AM
Deutsche Bank AG, ING Groep, Rio Tinto, Cliffs Natural Resources, Tata Motors, Bank of America Corp, Audience and Pandora Media are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- Bill Clinton Speech Accurate But a ‘Fact-Checker’s Nightmare’
September 06 2012 10:37 AM
Former President Bill Clinton received wide acclaim for the rousing speech he delivered last night at the Democratic National Convention on behalf of President Obama, which was met with several rounds of standing applause. But fact-checkers working behind the scenes were less enamored with his oration. According to FactCheck.org, a non-partisan website that works to correct misleading political claims, the speech was "a fact-checker's nightmare." By 'nightmare,' the website was re...
- E. L. James Speaks About '50 Shades of Grey' Casting Rumors Via Twitter
September 05 2012 6:41 PM
"Fifty Shades of Grey" casting rumors are just that, rumors-- and E. L. James took to Twitter to make sure that everyone knows it whether it's concerning James Deen, Ryan Gosling or Ian Somerhalder.
- Purple States Most Likely To Be In The Red: Wells Fargo Report
September 05 2012 1:42 PM
While opinion polls in places like New Hampshire, Ohio, Nevada and Wiscounsin continue to find no clear trend as to whether the residents will support a Democrat or a Republican for President, a new report by asset manager Wells Fargo Advisor Wednesday found those very states unambiguous in their spending preferences in running large budget shortfalls
- 10 Things To Know About San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro
September 05 2012 10:58 AM
Castro, already being hailed as a rising star in the Democratic Party, gave a much-praised keynote speech at the convention Tuesday when he made his national debut. But he has been a prominent presence in San Antonio's Chicano community since his teen years.
- Democrats Introduce A New Face: Julian Castro
September 04 2012 10:37 PM
San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro presented a fresh, youthful, smiling face for Democrats at the opening night of their convention Tuesday -- while hurling stinging attacks on the Republicans and their nominee.
- Iraq Defies US, Lets Iran Arm Assad: Report
September 04 2012 9:34 PM
Iran has resumed shipping military equipment to Syria over Iraqi airspace to save its ally President Bashar al-Assad.
- iPhone 5 News: Apple May Release Event Invitations Within Next Two Days [RUMORS]
September 04 2012 11:39 AM
It's been long reported that Apple's next big product event, which is said to unveil the new iPhone 5, a new "iPad Mini," and even new iPod and Mac models, will allegedly occur on Wednesday, Sept. 12. If company history repeats itself, it's possible that Apple will release the press invitations eight days prior to the event's date, either today (Tuesday) or Wednesday.
- Two-Faced Cats And Piebald Peacocks: The Genetics Behind Chimeras And Mosaics
September 04 2012 9:04 AM
Chimeric and mosaic animals have starkly different kinds of cells in their bodies, sometimes resulting in breathtaking displays.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: How Samsung's Strategy Influenced Its Current Position In South Korea
September 03 2012 4:41 AM
Samsung Electronics (005930) appears to be taking stock of things after the California jury ordered the South Korean giant to pay $1.05 billion in damages to Apple (AAPL) for violating patents pertaining to iPhone and iPad.
- Report: Equity Firms, Including Bain, Probed For Turning Fees Into Funds To Lower Tax Burdens
September 02 2012 1:50 PM
The country's largest private equity firms are being investigated on suspicion of finagling themselves out of paying taxes by turning fees into fund investments.
- Iran Deepens Ties With North Korea; Says Agreement Brought The Nations With 'Common Enemies' Closer
September 02 2012 5:06 AM
Iran and North Korea announced expansion of bilateral ties Saturday after reaching a scientific and technological cooperation agreement which, according to Iran's Supreme Leader Sayyed Ali Hosseini Khamenei, has brought the two countries with "common enemies" closer.
- 'The Deaths That Launched A Thousand Blogs'
August 31 2012 4:04 PM
The 2007 suicides of Duncan and Blake posthumously captured the imaginations of countless people who had never heard of the couple but were haunted by images published in news stories and on the Web. Five years later, questions remain about the media coverage of their deaths,
- Meet The Sphero, A Smartphone-Controlled Ball That Could Be The Future Of Toys
August 31 2012 12:52 PM
The Sphero is a new kind of toy that tries to blend virtual gaming with physical toys in what its creators call "mixed reality." But before it does that, co-creator Ian Bernstein wants users to become more friendly with their machines.
- Apple May Announce iPhone 5 Event On Tuesday, Sept. 4 [RUMORS]
August 31 2012 10:38 AM
If Apple's history can predict its future, we might expect the Cupertino, Calif.-based company to release invitations to its media event, allegedly scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 12, eight days prior on Tuesday, Sept. 4. This reported date is not based on fact, or word from any source from within Apple; this is rather based on Apple's past when it comes to releasing its media event invitations.
- Iran Again Boosting Nuclear Capacities, IAEA Reports
August 30 2012 9:04 PM
Iran has installed three-quarters of the nuclear centrifuges needed for a deep-underground site producing nuclear fuel, doubling their numbers, international inspectors reported Thursday.
- Trailer For Serial Killer Film 'The Iceman' Debuts
August 30 2012 4:54 PM
The trailer for the upcoming crime drama "The Iceman" was released on Thursday. The gritty biopic tells the story of serial killer Richard Kuklinski (Michael Shannon), who on the surface seemed to be a doting dad and caring husband.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: New A6 Chip Spotted In Newly Released Parts [FEATURES]
August 30 2012 4:44 PM
Apple has successfully managed to make each new iPhone thinner, lighter, faster and more powerful, and it looks like the iPhone 5 will be no exception. On Thursday, Sonny Dickson released a set of new photos that show an A6 processor chip sitting in the phone's logic board. A quad-core A6 would boost the speed of the phone's features, as well as help power the phone when multi-tasking applications or playing games or video.