Articles by New York
- Investors Turn Cautious as Uncertainties Remain in the Eurozone
September 18 2012 4:02 AM
Crude oil prices slumped on Monday on profit-taking. The surprising decline of almost US$5 in just a few minutes on very high volume triggered the CFTC to investigate the case with the CME. The front-month contract for WTI crude oil slipped to as low as 94.65 before ending the day at 96.62, down -2.40%, while the equivalent Brent crude contract plunged to a 6-week low of 111.5 before settling at 113.79, down -2.66%. Gold also faced profit-taking and USD's recovery, sending the Comex benchmark...
- A$ leads risk currency decline; greenback shows signs of life after Fed-induced slide
September 17 2012 10:19 PM
After last week's Fed-induced fire sale, the US dollar went on the offensive overnight with series of factors providing a reprieve of sorts for the out-of-form safe haven.
- Chris Jericho: ?Fozzy is Not a Vanity Project?
September 17 2012 7:35 PM
The long-time wrestler has left WWE to tour with his band, Fozzy.
- Topless Women Welcome Kate Middleton To Solomon Islands; Palace Sues Tabloid [PHOTOS]
September 17 2012 6:48 PM
The internet has done rabid after images of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless with Prince William surfaced on the cover of French magazine Closer. Ironically, the Duchess and Duke of Cambridge received a topless greeting while they were visiting the Solomon Islands in the South Pacific on Sunday.
- ?Gorilla Carries Toddler? Video Goes Viral; Will There Be A Backlash Against The ?Gentle Giants?? [VIDEO]
September 17 2012 6:16 PM
A video that is more than 20 years old has gone viral after a video that was shot at the Howletts Wild Animal Park in the United Kingdom was released, the New York Daily News reported.
- People Take To The Streets As Protests Rage Across The Globe
September 17 2012 5:53 PM
Photos from demonstrations around the world Friday through Monday, including Occupy Wall Street in New York, marches against austerity in Europe, anti-Japan demonstrations in China, and street action in the Muslim world.
- Apple iOS 6 Release: A Complete Guide To The 200 New Features
September 17 2012 5:41 PM
At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company announced the newest mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod -- also known as iOS 6 -- will be released as a free update to iOS users two days prior to the launch of the iPhone 5, on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The iPhone 5 will release this Friday, Sept. 21. There are more than 200 new features coming to iOS 6. Here, we do our best to outline all of the biggest features right here for you. A...
- Rangers Agree to One-year Extension With Colby Lewis
September 17 2012 4:29 PM
The starter will remain with Texas despite having season-ending elbow surgery.
- Occupy Wall Street Returns To Zuccotti Park, Without Tents
September 17 2012 3:37 PM
Occupy Wall Street returned to the Zuccotti Park in a Monday celebration of the movement's one-year anniversary. And while the occasion was replete with the drums, banners and heated political discussions that pervaded Zuccotti a year ago, it seemed unlikely that another occupation was imminent.
- Windows 8 Release Date Imminent: Microsoft Press Event Invites You To 'Celebrate' The New OS On Oct. 25
September 17 2012 3:06 PM
The Windows 8 release date is nearly here, and Microsoft has just sent out invitations to a press event that is likely to detail the operating system?s new features. The company has been developing its new OS for quite some time, and now the upgraded software is finally ready for its official public unveiling.
- Secret Beauty Tips And Tricks From The Experts At New York Fashion Week
September 17 2012 2:53 PM
IBTimes spoke to some of the top makeup and nail artists throughout the course of New York Fashion Week, who revealed their secrets for flawless runway beauty and their makeup weapons of choice as well as their inside scoop on hottest trends and products for the upcoming seasons.
- Miami Dolphins News: How Reggie Bush Got His Groove Back
September 17 2012 2:20 PM
After struggling in his first few years in the NFL, Reggie Bush has become a top NFL running back with the Miami Dolphins.
- Church of Scientology Blasts Vanity Fair?s Tom Cruise Expose As ?Shoddy Journalism? And ?Religious Bigotry? [Read Letter]
September 17 2012 2:12 PM
Jeffrey K. Riffer, a lawyer for the Church of Scientology, wrote an eight-page letter to Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter hoping to stop an expose of the church from ever being published.
- New York Fashion Week: The Most Incredible Moments And Photos
September 17 2012 1:52 PM
While Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week may be all about clothes, accessories, hair and makeup in order to forecast what looks people will be sporting and buying in stores for the upcoming season, the week-long biannual event presents many opportunities for stellar photos. Here?s a look back at some of the most incredible moments at New York Fashion Week for the Spring 2013 season.
- Couple Caught Having Sex in Yankee Stadium Bathroom, Video Taken by Eyewitness
September 17 2012 12:07 PM
A couple was caught having sex at Yankee Stadium in the bathroom on Saturday. Video and pictures were taken of the man and woman as New York played Tampa Bay.
- Awful 'Empire State' Manufacturing Data from the New York Fed Leaves Markets Unmoved
September 17 2012 12:03 PM
Financial markets yawned Monday in the face of an anemic U.S. manufacturing report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York that showed industrial production in the Northeast falling to a nearly two-year low.
- On One-Year Anniversary, Occupy Wall Street's Diversity On Display During Protest
September 17 2012 11:51 AM
A year to the day after protesters descended on Zuccotti Park, launching what would become a national phenomenon, little has changed. The occupy Wall Street protesters who turned out to mark Occupy's anniversary had a vast number of causes.
- Starbucks Japan Gets On The Pop-Up Cafe Bandwagon
September 17 2012 11:11 AM
The world's largest coffee chain has opened a tiny pop-up cafe in a fashionable Tokyo district with an odd ordering process.
- Apple?s iPhone 5 Release Shatters Sales Records, Called The ?Rolex Of Smartphones? By Analyst
September 17 2012 10:59 AM
Apple?s iPhone 5 has been called one the most anticipated smartphone launch in history, and the device?s pre-order numbers have proven this to be true. After completely selling out in just one hour on Sept. 14, the iPhone 5 set a new pre-order record for both AT&T and Apple.
- Nicki Minaj And Mariah Carey, American Idol Judges, Allegedly Fighting During Season 12 Auditions In NYC
September 17 2012 10:49 AM
Fresh off the recent American Idol judges announcement, reports are surfacing that indicate Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey are already butting heads.