- Railroad executives said Wednesday that they are not expecting strong growth in cargo volume in the pre-holiday shopping season, but most future holiday gifts are delivered by trucks.
- Manchester United remains the most valuable team in sports, but the Cowboys are still the richest NFL franchise.
- Judy Blume, author of popular teen fiction books such as "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret," announced on her blog that she was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer and has already undergone treatment.
New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys: Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction for the 2012 NFL Season OpenerThe New York Giants face the Dallas Cowboys in the 2012 NFL season opener. Here’s how to watch a live stream online, as well as a preview and prediction for the contest.
- Between his uncouth comments about the Hollywood studio system and his claim that he sent director Lars Von Trier his own sex tape to land a role in "Nymphomaniac," Shia LaBeouf can't seem to stay out of the gossip headlines.
- Pippa Middleton, younger sister to the Duchess of Cambridge, made a splash this weekend when she jumped the pond to New York. In addition to taking in all the local sights, the 28-year-old British socialite was also linked to a number of different eligible bachelors, including wealthy hotelier Andre Balazs, who reportedly hosted her during the trip.
- The Democratic Party's quadrennial nominating party is underway, and the days preceding President Obama's climactic acceptance speech are crammed with party luminaries and promising up-and-comers. After First Lady Michelle brought down the house on Tuesday night, here's a list of what lies ahead:
- While opinion polls in places like New Hampshire, Ohio, Nevada and Wiscounsin continue to find no clear trend as to whether the residents will support a Democrat or a Republican for President, a new report by asset manager Wells Fargo Advisor Wednesday found those very states unambiguous in their spending preferences in running large budget shortfalls
- TransCanada submits a new route for its proposed Keystone XL Pipeline that skirts ecologically sensitive areas in Nebraska. A State Department decision is expected early next year.
- While Beyonce does not seem to be opening up to reality star Kim Kardashian, ignoring her at the recent "Made in America" Festival, rapper Kanye West cannot stop gushing over his girlfriend
- Tight-end Jason Witten has missed only one game in his NFL career.
- Here are the complete betting lines for all the 2012 NFL Week 1 games, including the point spreads and totals. These are the consensus odds from multiple sportsbooks in Las Vegas.
Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 Release Features NFC, Wireless Charging And More, Will It Compare To The iPhone 5 And Samsung Galaxy S3?Nokia and Microsoft held a joint press conference on Sept. 5 in New York to officially unveil new Windows Phone 8 devices. Nokia announced its flagship smartphone known as the Lumia 920, which has received some noticeable upgrades in the specs department.
- Despite taking the wraps off its anticipated Lumia smartphones using the new Windows 8 from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, Nokia’s shares plunged 11 percent after CEO Stephen Elop claimed, “We need to succeed with this and take it to the next step.”
- Houston should earn their second straight playoff berth.
- Castro, already being hailed as a rising star in the Democratic Party, gave a much-praised keynote speech at the convention Tuesday when he made his national debut. But he has been a prominent presence in San Antonio's Chicano community since his teen years.
- San Francisco hopes to build on their surprising run in 2011.
NFL NEWS 2012 NFC South Preview, Prediction, Who Takes It: New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay?The Saints' suspensions will set them back this season.