Articles by NYSE
- Fast Food May Soon Come With Obamacare Surcharge
August 31 2012 4:18 PM
Fast-food franchise owners say the Affordable Care Act could virtually put them out of business with its requirements that they provide health-care coverage.
- IBM To Offer Cloud TV Services To Philips Customers
August 31 2012 3:10 PM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM), the No. 2 computer company, said it will start providing services in the cloud for consumer electronics makers, starting with Dutch giant Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG).
- How Much Is A Combination Of US Airways And American Airlines Worth?
August 31 2012 2:00 PM
American Airlines could go from being bankrupt to being part of the world's largest airline if a merger with US Airways, the fifth-largest domestic airline, goes through.
- Coca-Cola Denies Report It Distributes In North Korea
August 31 2012 12:02 PM
Company responds to a video clip of a Pyongyang pizza joint serving its most popular soft drink. The world's largest beverage company says its product was probably brought in from a neighboring country.
- Workday, PeopleSoft Founder?s 2nd Try, Sets $400M IPO
August 31 2012 9:11 AM
Workday, the human-resource software company started by PeopleSoft founder David Duffield, filed for a $400 million initial public offering sometime later this year.
- Oil, Gas and Hurricane Isaac
August 31 2012 4:20 AM
VLO, APC, BP, ENB, XOM, PSX. US Gulf Coast Oil and Gas companies Thursday emerged from shelter in the wake of Hurricane Isaac, a assessing the damage and beginning to re-staff evacuated refineries and offshore platforms as the now-weakened storm winds its way through central Louisiana.
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers (SAIC, Domtar, McEwen, Freescale, Crane, Accretive Health, Gerdau, Quicksilver, American Eagle)
August 31 2012 1:23 AM
The top after-market NYSE gainers Thursday were SAIC Inc, Domtar Corp, McEwen Mining, Freescale Semiconductor and Crane Co. The top after-market NYSE losers were Accretive Health, Gerdau SA, Quicksilver Resources, American Eagle Outfitters and CoreLogic, Inc.
- History’s Gay Fail: Is The Cable Network Playing It Too Straight?
August 30 2012 5:13 PM
GLAAD released its 6th annual "Network Responsibility Index," which maps depictions of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community on primetime broadcast and cable television. Out of the 10 cable networks ranked, History had the lowest percentage of LGBT-inclusive content,
- HP Sets New Low, Week After Posting Biggest-Ever Loss
August 30 2012 4:43 PM
Shares of Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ), the No. 1 computer company, set a new 52-week low of $16.77 on Thursday, after posting a record third-quarter loss last week and reducing earnings estimates for the current quarter.
- Amazon Sells Out Of Kindle Fire, Then Says It's Making Big Annoucment Next Week
August 30 2012 3:10 PM
Perhaps it's no coincidence that a week before Amazon is set to make a big announcement it has sold out of the popular Kindle Fire. Is this is prequel to the sequel?
- Video Game 'Madden NFL 13' Sells Record 900K Copies In One Day
August 30 2012 2:06 PM
Electronic Arts Inc. said in a statement Thursday that "Madden NFL 13," the latest iteration of its iconic football video game franchise, sold about 900,000 in its first 24 hours on retail shelves. Citing "internal estimates," EA said the sale was a 7 percent increase from last year's launch, making it the highest-performing launch title for the franchise for the console generation.
- HP Unveils New Tablet, A Year Post-TouchPad Fiasco
August 30 2012 1:06 PM
Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ), the No. 1 computer maker, announced its first tablet a year after withdrawing the TouchPad after it bombed with consumers.
- Can Tweeting The Workday Away Save The Economy?
August 30 2012 1:04 PM
A new report released by the business consulting giant McKinsey Global Institute, showed that social-media tools stand to add $900 billion to $1.3 trillion to the economy, largely through increased productivity among skilled workers.
- U.S. Consumer Confidence Down? Perhaps, But Back-To-School Spending Is Booming
August 30 2012 12:18 PM
Most of the country's largest merchandisers on Thursday reported solid same-store sales this month.
- Sears, Former American Icon, Will Be Kicked Off S&P 500
August 30 2012 12:05 PM
Sears Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: SHLD), which revolutionized retail in the 20th century with its mail order catalogs. will be removed from the S&P 500 Index at the end of Sept. 4, according to Standard & Poor's, after struggling to lure consumers amid the weak economy.
- Caterpillar Bullish On China, Expects Beijing To Hike Policy Easing To Lift Growth
August 30 2012 10:59 AM
Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT), the world's largest maker of construction and mining equipment, is confident that Beijing will step up easing efforts to drive an economic rebound and China's economic growth will probably recover this year.
- Carlyle Group Paying $4.9B In Cash For Dupont Unit
August 30 2012 8:43 AM
U.S. private equity firm The Carlyle Group (Nasdaq:CG) will pay $4.9 billion in cash for a unit of E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Co (NYSE:DD) that makes industrial and vehicle coatings.
- Best Buy Private Equity Bid: Who Has The Bucks For A Big Deal?
August 30 2012 6:19 AM
Can Richard Schulze, the 71-year-old founding CEO of Best Buy Co. (NYSE: BBY) put his money where his mouth is? Can he fork up billions from private eqiuity behemoths like KKR (NYSE: KKR)?
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers (Pandora, LyondellBasell, GenCorp, ING Group, Oxford Industries, Rogers, Bank of Nova)
August 30 2012 1:30 AM
The top after-market NYSE gainers Wednesday were Pandora Media, LyondellBasell Industries, GenCorp, ING Group and Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. The top after-market NYSE losers were Oxford Industries, Rogers Communication, Tim Hortons, Asbury Automotive Group and Bank of Nova Scotia.
- Kim Kardashian Ends Legal Feud Over ‘Fake Kim Kardashian’
August 29 2012 5:46 PM
Kim Kardashian has settled a $20 million lawsuit against the clothing retailer Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) over an Old Navy