Articles by Oracle
- Warren Buffett Smiles Bright On Completion Of Cancer Treatments
September 16 2012 7:07 AM
There is some good news cheering up Warren Buffet, the Oracle of Omaha, as he announced completion of cancer treatments, Sept.14.
- FedEx, General Mills, Oracle, Adobe: Earnings Reports To Watch, Sept. 18-21
September 14 2012 6:13 AM
Analysts expect companies in the S&P 500 to post negative revenue growth rate in the third quarter. Meanwhile, profits are expected to fall 2 percent.
- Proofpoint CEO: Cloud-Based Security Software Is Meeting Threats To Major Enterprises
September 10 2012 3:31 PM
Proofpoint Inc. (Nasdaq: PFPT), the security software developer that conducted an April IPO, is confident it can beat bigger rivals like Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) in the market because it uses the cloud, offers lower cost of ownership and is spending cash to devise new products. So far, none of its accounts has been successfully cyberattacked, said CEO Gary Steele.
- Technology Focus: Who Benefits From Big Data? Big Guns IBM, Oracle, HP, EMC
September 02 2012 10:08 AM
You don’t have to be a genius to determine that in a world of petabytes of data, projected 2012 sales of 367.2 million PCs, 107.4 million tablets and 650 million smartphones, a few smart companies are going to prosper: HP (NYSE: HPQ), IBM (NYSE: IBM), Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) and EMC.(NYSE: EMC).
- Workday, PeopleSoft Founder?s 2nd Try, Sets $400M IPO
August 31 2012 9:11 AM
Workday, the human-resource software company started by PeopleSoft founder David Duffield, filed for a $400 million initial public offering sometime later this year.
- Google, Apple CEOs Try To Mediate Patent Disputes: Report
August 30 2012 3:51 PM
Patent resolution talks have been conducted by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) CEO Tim Cook and Google (Nasdaq: CEO) Larry Page and may continue, Reuters reported.
- Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Sells $69.3 Million in Stock
August 29 2012 2:57 PM
Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG), has sold 103,193 shares of the company worth around $69.3 million, according to Tuesday filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- KKR May Invest More Than $1B In Japan’s Renesas Electronics
August 29 2012 8:56 AM
Legendary private equity investor Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (NYSE: KKR) may seek to acquire control of Japan’s Renesas Electronics (Tokyo: 6723) for a 100 million yen (US $1.27 billion) investment, which would be its largest in Japan, financial news agencies reported.
- IBM To Acquire Kenexa To Battle Oracle, Workday, Salesforce.com
August 27 2012 9:39 AM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM), the No. 2 computer maker, said it will pay about $1.6 billion to acquire Kenexa Corp. (NYSE: KNXA), for its human-resources software cloud technologies.
- Frank Gehry And Facebook: A Surprisingly Pastoral Partnership
August 24 2012 4:45 PM
Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB)'s stock may be sinking, but it is forging ahead with an expansion to its campus in Menlo Park, Calif., designed by the renowned architect Frank Gehry.
- Salesforce.com 2Q Results: Benioff’s Strategy Keeps Profits Growing, Rising Ahead
August 23 2012 4:33 PM
Salesforce.com's (NYSE: CRM) second-quarter results proved its strategy of adapting its software-as-a-service model to the increased use of the cloud by enterprises can pay off handsomely for investors.
- Salesforce.com 2Q Earnings Preview: Benioff’s Cloud Strategy Stays Hot
August 23 2012 11:27 AM
Salesforce.com’s (NYSE: CRM)’s second-quarter results are expected to show that its strategy of adapting its software-as-a-service model to the increased use of the cloud by enterprises can pay off handsomely for investors.
- Technology?s Cash Piles: Top U.S. Leaders Stash Nears $400B
August 20 2012 4:03 PM
Don?t say technology companies aren?t enormously profitable. An IBTimes review of the cash and investment holdings of 11 of the top technology leaders shows they are sitting atop nearly $375 billion in cash and investments ? or about 24 percent more since the last survey nine months ago.
- Technology Focus: Why Apple And Samsung Should Settle Now
August 19 2012 10:03 AM
After three weeks of testimony, the case of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) vs. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Seoul: 005930) is over. U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh could instruct the nine-member civil jury in San Jose, Calif., as early as Tuesday The parties should settle first.
- Cisco’s 4Q Results: Major Tech Bellwether Beats Estimates; Could Influence HP, Dell, Oracle
August 15 2012 4:50 PM
Cisco Systems (Nasdaq: CSCO) reproted fourth-quarter results that exceeded analyst estimates.
- Cisco’s 4Q Results: Major Tech Bellwether For HP, Oracle
August 15 2012 6:20 AM
Cisco Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CSCO), the No. 1 provider of Internet gear, is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results Wednesday that are expected to be much better than last year’s when CEO John Chambers said the company was overmanned and was in the midst of layoffs and retrenchment.
- Paul Ryan's Other Election: Democratic Challenger Zerban Says Ryan's 'Personal Ambition' Trumps Interest In Wisconsin District
August 14 2012 12:16 PM
Ryan's challenger for Wisconsin's 1st congressional district is a progressive Democrat who isn't afraid to slam Ryan's so-called economic expertise.
- Curtains For RIM? Besides IBM, Are Microsoft, Samsung, Oracle Looking?
August 10 2012 12:53 PM
Shares of BlackBerry developer Research in Motion (Nasdaq; RIM) jumped on speculation IBM (NYSE: IBM) might be interested in part of the company. But others like Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL), might also want its technology, too.
- Tech’s Bullish Signals: CSC’s Results Plus HP, IBM Forecasts Bode Well For Sector
August 09 2012 6:26 AM
Technology may have a good second half of 2012 after all, despite all the fears of economic collapse, lower demand for PCs and other worries. After Computer Sciences reported better-than-expected results on Wednesday, Hewlett-Packard said third-quarter results would be stronger, too.
- What an unemployment rate effectively means to economies, currencies and gold
July 31 2012 11:09 AM
Ok just to get to the major issue, when 1 out of 4 people are unemployed for a long time, they have to rely on others to survive. Either housing with relatives (who often have limited patience or none) or from the government assistance. Effectively the governments end up being the last resort, and since government budget crises seem to accompany major economic depressions, people end up on the streets...