- Pakistani Hindus arriving in India are demanding refugee status, citing a pattern of persecution and discrimination in Muslim-dominated Pakistan.
Matt Bissonnette, SEAL Team 6 Member, Appears On '60 Minutes,' Talks Bin Laden Raid And 'No Easy Day' [PHOTO]Matt Bissonnette, the former Navy SEAL who wrote a memoir about the May 2011 raid to kill Osama bin Laden, appeared on Sunday night's episode of "60 Minutes."
- The Haqqani network is one of the most violent groups of insurgents in the Middle East. On Friday, Hillary Clinton officially blacklisted them by declaring them a "Foreign Terrorist Organization."
- At least 320 people have been killed in sectarian violence in Pakistan thus far this year alone.
- In May 2011, bin Laden was shot and killed in a compound in Abbottabad, a garrison town not far from the capital Islamabad.
- India and China will resume joint military exercises in an effort to strengthen the shaky relationship between the two most populous countries on earth.
- A car filled with explosives rammed into a U.S. government vehicle near the U.S. Consulate in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar Monday, killing two people and injuring five others, media reports said citing Pakistani authorities.
- Pakistani Christians are seeking greater autonomy in the face of hostility, but their movement for a new province is unlikely to succeed.
- An employee of the Indian Defense Ministry's Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and a journalist with an English newspaper were among the 11 men arrested in the southern Indian state of Karnataka Wednesday by the Central Crime Branch of the Bangalore police for alleged links with global terror networks.
- The idea for the instant communication device arose in the wake of the Cuban Missile Crisis the prior year – which saw Moscow and Washington very nearly enter into a cataclysmic nuclear war.
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, said the two countries need to settle their disputes in a more “mature” way.
- A former SEAL Team 6 member has written a book about al Qaida leader Osama bin Laden's death, contradicting the administration's account of what happened at the Pakistani compound last year.
- Oil is at the heart of Indian-Iranian relations today.
Hurricane Isaac 2012: Google Provides Tropical Storm Path Maps, Forecasted Track, Shelters, And Emergency InformationGoogle Crisis Response, one of Google's thousands of active projects that merges various Google tools like Maps, Docs, Forms and Earth, posted a new webpage dedicated to Tropical Storm Isaac - soon to be Hurricane Isaac - in an effort to disseminate helpful information about the hurricane's path, its forecasted track, and how local residents can stay safe during this emergency situation.
- A CIA drone strike may have killed the leader of a powerful insurgent group responsible for some of the deadliest attacks on U.S. troops and Afghan government targets, multiple outlets are reporting.
- The Committee to Protect Journalists' latest report reveals that speaking truth to power, or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, still costs hundreds of journalists their lives.