- Pakistan PM Dismissed Because Of Corruption Probe Against Supreme Court Judge?s Son: Ruling Party
June 21 2012 3:25 PM
Arsalan was acused of having received 342 million Pakistani rupees ($3.6 million) from real estate magnate Malik Riaz Hussain in order to influence cases in the court.
- Pakistan Chaos: Prominent PM Nominee Arrested
June 21 2012 8:34 AM
Shahabuddin is a prominent member the ruling Pakistan People's Party (PPP), who most recently served as textiles minister under Gilani
- The Increasing Threats to Global Energy Supplies - An Interview with Jellyfish
June 20 2012 10:56 AM
Michael Bagley is the president of Jellyfish, a global boutique intelligence firm that combines on-the-ground intelligence collection and analytics with an unprecedented country-to-country economic diplomacy program that helps governments, corporations, institutions and private individuals forge secure partnerships, discover new opportunities and mitigate operational risks.
- Time Is Up: Millions Of Afghan Refugees In Iran, Pakistan Fear Return To Battled-Scarred Country
June 20 2012 10:35 AM
Afghans have been fleeing their homeland in massive numbers since 1979 when Russian tanks invaded their mountainous nation
- Pakistan Scrambling To Find New Prime Minister In Yet Another Political Crisis
June 20 2012 8:51 AM
President Asif Ali Zardari, who is intimately involved in the intrigue surrounding Gilani?s removal from office, has cancelled a trip to Russia in order to deal with the emergency.
- 'Al Qaeda' Gunman Holds Four Hostage in French City of Toulouse
June 20 2012 7:57 AM
France's BFM-TV said the man had asked to speak to the same elite police unit that shot Islamist gunman Mohamed Merah, who died in a hail of bullets just 100 yards from the scene of today's siege.
- Pakistan Taliban Chief Bans Polio Vaccine
June 19 2012 12:32 PM
Pakistan is one of three countries in the world where polio is still endemic.
- Ghazala Javed: Victim Of Taliban?s War On Women?
June 19 2012 9:34 AM
Fearing the Taliban?s edicts against music, she recorded many of her albums in Dubai.
- Pakistan?s Top Court Disqualifies Prime Minister Gilani From Holding Office
June 19 2012 8:39 AM
PPP is engaged in an emergency session, probably to choose a successor for Gilani, who has run out of legal options to stay in power.
- Did You Hear The One About The Fat Pakistani Cop?
June 18 2012 2:11 PM
The cops in Punjab will have to get their waistlines to 38 inches or less in two weeks.
- Sen Lieberman: White House Leaks 'Worst In A Long Time'
June 18 2012 1:52 PM
There's concern among some U.S. lawmakers that recent national security leaks that allegedly originated in the White House may have, among other consequences, jeopardized the security of Americans conducting the operations.
- Taliban Praise India For Resisting US Call For More Active Role In Afghanistan
June 18 2012 2:39 AM
Notwithstanding India's strong opposition to the Taliban, the religious extremist group Sunday praised New Delhi for resisting the U.S. call for greater involvement in Afghanistan.
- Enoch Powell's Centennial: A Complex, Frustrating And Fascinating Man
June 14 2012 3:18 PM
The very peak of Powell's career likely occurred in April 1968,when he delivered his infamous Rivers of Blood speech in Birmingham in which he warned that unchecked immigration of non-whites into Britain would lead to violence in the streets and social collapse.
- Third India-US Strategic Dialogue To Discuss Key Regional, Global Issues
June 14 2012 4:54 AM
The United States and India Wednesday agreed to further strengthen bilateral relations and cooperation on global issues and said that their ties had entered a new and more mature phase defined by constant consultations of strategic importance.
- Iran Looks to China and Russia for Military Support as Pressure from the West Increases
June 14 2012 3:55 AM
Beset by rising rhetoric about a possible Israeli attack against its nuclear facilities, Iran is seeking full membership in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization as an additional layer of international diplomatic life insurance. On 12 November 2011 Iranian Supreme National Security Council's Secretary Assistant Ali Bageri said that Iran is seeking full membership in the SCO, upgrading its current observer status, telling journalists in Moscow, We have already submitted a relevant...
- India and the United States: A Focus on the Fundamentals
June 14 2012 1:54 AM
This week, leaders from India and the United States will gather in Washington to discuss our expanding cooperation on everything from trade to technology to terrorism. There also will be issues on which we don't see eye to eye, and some of those may dominate the media coverage.
- Closed NATO Supply Routes Costing US Extra $100M Every Month
June 13 2012 3:13 PM
Following the accidental killing of 24 Pakistani troops by U.S. missiles last November, Islamabad has closed the transport routes.
- A New Day in Myanmar? Not For The Stateless, Rejected Rohingya People
June 12 2012 3:40 PM
Sectarian violence has flared in western Myanmar (formerly Burma) between Muslims and Buddhists, following the brutal rape and murder of a young woman last month.
- Britain Caught Between US-Pakistan Rift
June 12 2012 1:48 PM
The British minister held discussions with both Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar and added that he urged a quick reconciliation.
- Drone Crash In Maryland: Navy Still Seeking Cause Of $46M Plane?s Plummet Near Salisbury
June 12 2012 9:40 AM
A drone aircraft crashed around noon Monday on Maryland's Eastern shore near Salisbury, but did not cause any injuries or property damage, Naval officials said.