Articles by Samsung
- iPhone 5 Plays: 5 Ways To Ride Tide Without Buying $700 Apple Shares
September 13 2012 4:47 PM
Want to play the iPhone 5 craze created by Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) and not pay the price for Apple's near-$700 shares. Think of some of its suppliers like Arm Holings (Nasdaq: ARMH) and Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM), or even Corning (NYSE: GLW) whose products are designed into the product.
- Steve Wozniak, Apple Co-Founder, On iPhone 5 Patent Litigation: 'I Hate It'
September 13 2012 10:56 AM
Steve Wozniak, the programmer and computer engineer who helped launch what would later become Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), didn't have the best things to say about his former company when the subject of Apple's recent legal battle with Samsung (KRX:005930) came up, even as he expressed his anticipation for purchasing the new iPhone 5. Speaking to Bloomberg about Wednesday's launch of the highly anticipated iPhone 5 unveiling, Wozniak praised the iPhone 5, but also commented on the recent ...
- Facebook, Wal-Mart, Walt Disney Face Fresh Patent Suits From University Of California
September 13 2012 5:02 AM
Facebook Inc. (FB), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) and Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) face fresh patent suits from a University of California patent licensee, which sued some of the biggest U.S. companies previously, Reuters reported.
- Asian Stocks Mixed Before Fed Decision
September 13 2012 4:31 AM
Asian stock markets were mixed Thursday as investors opted for caution ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve's policy announcement later in the day.
- Asian Markets Rise On US Easing Hopes
September 13 2012 12:07 AM
Most of the Asian markets made gains Thursday as investors remained hopeful waiting for the policymakers in the U.S. to announce monetary easing measures to boost the global economy and rejuvenate the economic growth momentum.
- Apple Stock Recovers Amidst iPhone 5 Hype After Pre-Announcement Drop
September 12 2012 10:59 PM
Shares of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) jumped Wednesday during its highly anticipated unveiling of a host of new high-profile software and hardware products, including the iPhone 5, in San Francisco.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 To Break 30 Million Sales As Android Jelly Bean Release Date Approaches
September 12 2012 5:34 PM
Samsung’s Galaxy S3, the company’s flagship smartphone of 2012, is projected to reach another 10 million unit sales before the year’s end. Samsung believes that its Galaxy S3 will achieve more than 30 million in global sales by the end of 2012, an executive said to the Yonhap News Agency.
- iPhone 5 Event Hyped On Twitter: Android Fans Get Nasty After Apple Announcement
September 12 2012 4:37 PM
Apple has finally unveiled the release date for its long awaited iPhone 5, confirming the rumors about its design, features and tech specs that have been circulating the Internet. Undoubtedly, Web surfers were buzzing with excitement, sharing their opinions through social media.
- iPhone 5 Intro: SumOfUs Renews ‘Slave Labor’ Charges Vs. Apple
September 12 2012 4:07 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, continues to abuse workers in China who assemble its iPhone 5 and other products, liberal watchdog group SumOfUs.org charged on Wednesday.
- Apple iPhone 5 Officially Announced; Thinnest and Lightest iPhone Ever
September 12 2012 3:02 PM
Apple Inc on Wednesday took the wraps off the iPhone 5, the thinnest-ever version of a smartphone that yields the majority of its profit and helped it become the world's most valuable corporation.
- Apple iPhone 5 Launch: Expectations Run High Ahead Of New iPhone Launch As Apple Dons Defensive Role Against Samsung
September 12 2012 9:06 AM
With just a few hours to go for the much-awaited Apple's (AAPL) Sept.12 event, excitement about the announcements of the next generation iPhone and new gadgets seemed to have hit the roof.
- Apple iPhone 5 Preview: Outsmart other Smartphones or Perish
September 12 2012 4:50 AM
The new iPhone 5 has to be more than just another smartphone as it carries the weight of Apple's future on its slim frame. Here is the preview of the new iPhone.
- Asian Stocks Advance Before German Court Ruling
September 12 2012 3:34 AM
Asian stock market advanced Wednesday with investors expecting a positive decision in the German court ruling on ESM constitutionality while speculation of further stimulus measures from China also added to the sentiment.
- Asian Stocks Gain On US, China Stimulus Hopes
September 12 2012 12:11 AM
Asian stock markets rose Wednesday as investors remained hopeful that policymakers in the U.S. and China would announce monetary easing measures to boost the global economy and rejuvenate economic growth momentum.
- Apple’s iPhone5 Intro: 5 Things That May Go Wrong
September 11 2012 1:01 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) is expected to debut the iPhone 5 on Wednesday but there are at least five pitfalls that could endanger the company's huge success in the market. Here they are.
- Nokia Windows Phone 8 Devices Among First In UK With LTE, But Are Users Willing To Ditch iOS And Android?
September 11 2012 12:05 PM
The Nokia Lumia 920, a flagship Windows Phone 8 device that was recently unveiled, will be released in the United Kingdom as one of the first smartphones in that area to feature LTE connectivity. UK carrier Everything Everywhere has just announced that its plans to roll out a 4G LTE network will be put into effect, and it will be rebranding itself as EE from here on forward.
- Asian Stocks Fall Ahead Of German Ruling, Fed Meeting
September 11 2012 5:00 AM
Asian stock markets declined Tuesday as investors opted for caution ahead of key events including German court ruling on ESM constitutionality and the U.S. Federal Reserve policy meeting later this week.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features Update: Samsung To Take Legal Action Against Apple For Employing LTE Technology
September 11 2012 4:31 AM
With just a day to go for Apple's Sept.12 event, confirmed reports have emerged that South Korean handset manufacturer Samsung is contemplating legal action against Apple over reported use of Long Term Evolution (LTE) connectivity technology.
- Asian Stocks Fall Amid Euro Zone Worries
September 11 2012 12:07 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Tuesday as investors' concerns about the debt crisis affecting the euro zone were revived, undermining the optimism initially raised by the bond-buying plan announced last week by the European Central Bank.
- When Will Jelly Bean Come To The Galaxy S3? Release Date May Come Next Week As Android 4.1.1 Test Firmware Appears
September 10 2012 10:36 AM
Since its release date, Samsung Galaxy S3 owners have eagerly awaited the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update. Samsung announced that the next-generation software will roll out in September, but has not specified a specific date.