- Asian Stocks Mostly Up on Stimulus Hopes
September 10 2012 4:20 AM
Asian stock markets mostly ended higher Monday on hopes that major economies including the U.S and China would soon announce a new round of stimulus measures to spur growth.
- Asian Stocks Rise On China Stimulus Hopes
September 10 2012 12:28 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Monday as investors remained hopeful that stimulus measures would soon be announced by China to boost its economy as its industrial production growth rate slowed down in August compared to previous month.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: New Photos Of The Mini Dock Connector Allegedly Surface As The Reported Release Date Approaches
September 09 2012 11:20 PM
The expected release date for Apple's iPhone 5 is approaching, with predictors saying the Cupertino, Calif.-based company will unveil the device Sept. 12. As this day draws near, rumors about the next-generation smartphone's features have begun to leak online.
- Apple iPad Mini Rumors Recap: 8 Features, Specs We're Expecting At Release [PICTURES]
September 09 2012 4:05 PM
The focus of this week's Apple media event will undoubtedly be the next-generation iPhone, but consumers might be talking tablets rather than phones after this Wednesday's product unveiling. Most news outlets and sources close to the company say Apple will also introduce a new "iPad Mini" to its tablet lineup. We don't know the exact features or specs that Apple has packed into the iPad Mini, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage th...
- Technology Focus: Amazon’s Bezos Disrupts Again, Devises Apple Challenge
September 09 2012 10:17 AM
Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Update: Chinese Company Uses Leaked Photos Of iPhone 5 To Patent Design, Releases Knockoff GooPhone I5 (VIDEO)
September 09 2012 6:29 AM
Even before Apple (AAPL) could unveil its next-generation iPhone, the Chinese seem to be in a tearing hurry as a company by name GooPhone has released a new phone GooPhone I5 that bears strong resemblances to leaked images of the next-generation iPhone, often referred to as iPhone 5.
- HTC One X+ Specs Leaked; Device Likely To Come With 1.6GHz Quad-Core CPU, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean And More
September 08 2012 3:27 AM
Until now, very little information about the HTC One X+ has been revealed. But an XDA Developer forum member, with the Twitter handle @Football4PDA, seems to have some interesting details about the rumored handset.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: Report Says Device Will Work On The Fastest Global LTE Networks But Not Likely On All Carriers
September 08 2012 1:13 AM
Apple fans all around the world widely assume that the company's upcoming "iPhone 5" will have the LTE functionality. A new WSJ report said that the handset would work on the fastest 4G LTE networks around the world, including those in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors: Why Verizon Probably Won’t Get The ‘Phablet,’ Sprint Variant Possibly Spotted [VIDEO]
September 07 2012 3:45 PM
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 was finally revealed officially on August 29, just ahead of IFA Berlin. The Korea-based manufacturer confirmed the features and specs users can expect to see on the Galaxy Note successor, but that doesn’t mean the rumors ended there.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Partners New Firm For iPhone Chips Supply
September 07 2012 4:21 AM
Apple has placed some memory-chip orders for its upcoming iPhone with Asian chip makers and has moved away from Samsung for this component, sources told The Wall Street Journal.
- AAPL: Apple Scrip Continues To Surge As New Amazon Tablet Makes Debut; iPad Mini, Ecosystem To Provide Apple With Convincing Lead
September 07 2012 4:01 AM
As Amazon (AMZN) launched its much-awaited Kindle Fire Thursday attracting rave reviews, its top competitor Apple (AAPL) posted gains in the street ending the day at $676.27, gaining $6.04, almost 1 percent higher than the previous close.
- Asian Stocks Rally On ECB Move, China Stimulus Plan
September 07 2012 1:46 AM
Asian stock markets rallied Friday after the European Central Bank (ECB) announced the widely anticipated bond-buying program aimed at lowering the struggling euro zone countries' borrowing costs.
- Samsung: Facing Same China Abuse Charges As Apple, Can It Also Emerge Unscathed?
September 06 2012 12:19 PM
Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) said shipments of its latest-version Galaxy S3 smartphone exceed 20 million, only six weeks after passing the 10 million mark. But a labor group asserted they're made in China under abusive conditions
- Samsung Says 10M Galaxy S3s Sold In Only 6 Weeks
September 06 2012 9:55 AM
Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) said shipments of its latest-version Galaxy S3 smartphone exceed 20 million, only six weeks after passing the 10 million mark. The announcement cements the South Korean electronics giant’s lead as the No. 1 seller in the Android OS sector.
- Samsung Galaxy S3: 20 Million Units Sold In 100 Days; Will Apple iPhone 5 Get A Better Response?
September 06 2012 6:55 AM
Samsung announced two months ago that its new Galaxy S3 smartphone achieved 10 million sales at the end of July. Since then, the company has claimed to have doubled the figure by reaching 20 million Galaxy S3 sales, 100 days after the handset was launched in May.
- Kindle Fire, Round 2: Amazon Prepares To Launch Again Into Lower-Cost Tablet Mob
September 06 2012 6:10 AM
Ten months after betting the company on the success of the Kindle Fire, Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN) CEO Jeff Bezos plans to redouble his effort Thursday when he displays its successor as well as new members of the Kindle e-reader line in California.
- Asian Stocks Advance Before ECB Meeting
September 06 2012 4:25 AM
Asian stock markets advanced Thursday as market participants awaited the European Central Bank (ECB) policy decision meeting later in the day.
- AAPL: Apple Stock's Marginal Loss Tests Nokia, Motorola, Samsung Phone Launches; Sept.12 Event Looks Promising With iPhone 5 Release
September 06 2012 3:20 AM
Apple (AAPL) stock closed Sept.5 at $670.23 losing 4.74 points ending 0.70% lower than the previous close. The marginal fall indicates that Apple is not heavily impacted by the new phone launches from competitors Nokia, Motorola and Samsung.
- Asian Stocks Rise On ECB Easing Hopes
September 06 2012 12:02 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Thursday as investors remained hopeful that the European Central Bank would announce stimulus measures soon to help boost the euro zone economic growth.
- Apple iPhone 5 May Be Called 'New iPhone,' If Alleged Packaging Box Features Are To Be Believed [RUMORS]
September 05 2012 6:38 PM
For more than a year, most Apple fans and followers of the brand have called the company's sixth-generation smartphone "the iPhone 5." But after releasing the new iPad in March - not the iPad 3, or the iPad HD - it looks like Apple will once again release a new iOS device without a distinguishing name or number. A newly-released photo shows a woman holding the iPhone 5 packaging box, but the label very clearly reads, "The new iPhone."