- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Adds Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note To Revised Galaxy Nexus Compliant
September 01 2012 12:50 AM
The patent war between Apple and Samsung will apparently never end as the iPhone-maker filed a revised complaint with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California Friday, in which it added two versions Samsung's Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note to its original complaint against Galaxy Nexus and other related devices.
- Weekly Roundup: Asian Markets Decline On Global Economic Concerns
September 01 2012 12:02 AM
Asian markets fell in the week as investor confidence was dragged down by the increasing concerns about the global growth slowdown amid the weak economic reports from Japan and South Korea.
- Meet The Sphero, A Smartphone-Controlled Ball That Could Be The Future Of Toys
August 31 2012 12:52 PM
The Sphero is a new kind of toy that tries to blend virtual gaming with physical toys in what its creators call "mixed reality." But before it does that, co-creator Ian Bernstein wants users to become more friendly with their machines.
- Asian Stocks Fall On Japan Data; Nikkei Plunges 1.6%
August 31 2012 4:50 AM
Asian stock markets declined Friday as weak economic reports from Japan and South Korea revived concerns over the global economic growth while investors opted for caution ahead of the long-awaited speech by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke at the Jackson Hole symposium later in the day.
- Apple iPhone 5: Possible Trouble Ahead For Company As Samsung To Hit Back Over LTE Patents After Release
August 31 2012 1:43 AM
Many people may think that Apple's victory could be the end of the epic Apple v. Samsung patent-infringement lawsuit, but it's not. According to a new report, Samsung would immediately file a lawsuit against Apple after the release of the iPhone 5 if the handset features 4G LTE technology.
- Asian Stocks Decline On Weak Japan, South Korea Data
August 31 2012 12:09 AM
Asian markets fell Friday as investor confidence was weighed down amid increasing concerns about the global economy after data showed a fall in the industrial output of Japan and South Korea.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: New A6 Chip Spotted In Newly Released Parts [FEATURES]
August 30 2012 4:44 PM
Apple has successfully managed to make each new iPhone thinner, lighter, faster and more powerful, and it looks like the iPhone 5 will be no exception. On Thursday, Sonny Dickson released a set of new photos that show an A6 processor chip sitting in the phone's logic board. A quad-core A6 would boost the speed of the phone's features, as well as help power the phone when multi-tasking applications or playing games or video.
- Google, Apple CEOs Try To Mediate Patent Disputes: Report
August 30 2012 3:51 PM
Patent resolution talks have been conducted by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) CEO Tim Cook and Google (Nasdaq: CEO) Larry Page and may continue, Reuters reported.
- Amazon Sells Out Of Kindle Fire, Then Says It's Making Big Annoucment Next Week
August 30 2012 3:10 PM
Perhaps it's no coincidence that a week before Amazon is set to make a big announcement it has sold out of the popular Kindle Fire. Is this is prequel to the sequel?
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit Will Spawn More Patent Trials; Patents Are New Currency In Knowledge-Based Economy: Expert (Exclusive Interview)
August 30 2012 8:02 AM
Patent expert Alexander Poltorak, CEO and chairman of General Patent Corporation, advocates multi-tier patent system, specialized patent courts and arbitration forums as the key facilitators for the speedy resolution of increasing number of patent disputes and dubs patents as the new currency in Knowledge-Based Economy.
- Asian Stocks Fall On Disappointing Japanese Data
August 30 2012 4:48 AM
Asian stock markets declined Thursday as the disappointing Japan retail sales data and the fading hopes for fresh measure by the Fed Reserve weighed on the sentiment.
- Asian Markets Fall On Weak Japan, South Korea Data
August 30 2012 12:12 AM
Asian markets fell Thursday as investors' concerns about the weakening global economy was revived by the declining Japanese retail sales and disappointing South Korean manufacturers' confidence data.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Officially Revealed: Full List Of Specs And Features Confirmed; Did The Rumors Hold Up? [VIDEO]
August 29 2012 6:04 PM
Samsung has officially announced its Galaxy Note 2, the successor to the Korea-based manufacturer's widely successful Galaxy Note device. As expected, Samsung unveiled the smartphone-tablet hybrid just ahead of IFA, which starts on Friday in Berlin.
- Samsung Appeal On Apple Verdict? Not ‘Til Dec. 6, Judge Rules
August 29 2012 3:11 PM
Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) may have lost a $1.05 billion judgment to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, but it’s won a temporary reprieve from the judge on product bans and other retaliatory measures.
- Will Windows 8’s Release Change The Tablet Industry? Meet Sony’s VAIO Duo, The Hybrid Device Perfect For Microsoft’s OS
August 29 2012 2:58 PM
As the Windows 8 release date draws near, Microsoft’s new operating system is beginning to make more sense. First comes the software made for PCs and tablets, and now comes the devices that fit that mold.
- Windows Phone 8 Release Date Coming Next Week? Nokia Teases With New Ad, More Price Rumors Begin To Surface [VIDEO]
August 29 2012 10:27 AM
Nokia has just launched a new video hinting that an upcoming Windows Phone 8 release date could be announced very soon. A press event with Microsoft is scheduled for Sept. 5, coming right in between the dates that competitors Apple and Samsung are expected to make some major unveils as well.
- Asian Markets Mixed As Investors Remain Cautious
August 29 2012 12:17 AM
Asian markets were mixed Wednesday as investors remained watchful waiting for policymakers around the world to announce stimulus measures to boost the faltering global economy.
- Samsung Fighting Apple's Bid To Ban Phones After Verdict
August 28 2012 6:28 PM
Samsung vowed Tuesday to fight Apple's request to ban U.S. sales of some of its smartphones from U.S. stores following its landmark lawsuit verdict last week.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date For Next Month Hinted By T-Mobile; Carrier Prepares Employees To ‘Sell Against The iPhone’
August 28 2012 5:38 PM
Verizon and AT&T aren’t the only service providers preparing for the iPhone 5 release date, which is rumored to come next month. T-Mobile has also sent out memos to its employees to prepare for what may be the largest handset launch in mobile history.
- IDC Shaves PC Forecast To Below 1% After HP, Dell Report Poor Results
August 28 2012 3:48 PM
IDC revised its forecast for this year’s PC sales gains to only 0.9 percent, after the top U.S. giants, Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) and Dell (Nasdaq: DELL), reported lower PC sales for their latest financial quarters. By contrast, tablet sales, headed by the iPad from Apple (Nasdaq:M AAPL) should surge 54 percent.