Windows Phone 8 Release Date Coming Next Week? Nokia Teases With New Ad, More Price Rumors Begin To Surface [VIDEO]Nokia has just launched a new video hinting that an upcoming Windows Phone 8 release date could be announced very soon. A press event with Microsoft is scheduled for Sept. 5, coming right in between the dates that competitors Apple and Samsung are expected to make some major unveils as well.
- Samsung vowed Tuesday to fight Apple's request to ban U.S. sales of some of its smartphones from U.S. stores following its landmark lawsuit verdict last week.
Apple iPhone 5 Release Date For Next Month Hinted By T-Mobile; Carrier Prepares Employees To ‘Sell Against The iPhone’Verizon and AT&T aren’t the only service providers preparing for the iPhone 5 release date, which is rumored to come next month. T-Mobile has also sent out memos to its employees to prepare for what may be the largest handset launch in mobile history.
- IDC revised its forecast for this year’s PC sales gains to only 0.9 percent, after the top U.S. giants, Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) and Dell (Nasdaq: DELL), reported lower PC sales for their latest financial quarters. By contrast, tablet sales, headed by the iPad from Apple (Nasdaq:M AAPL) should surge 54 percent.
- Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is scheduled for an October release date and is said to be unveiled this Wednesday, as multiple reports have cited. The unconventionally-designed smartphone, which combines the elements of a cellphone and a tablet into one device, comes only a few months after the original Galaxy Note was announced in February.
- The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 arrived back in May, but that doesn’t mean the Korea-based manufacturer is done surprising fans of the device. Samsung has just announced that the Galaxy S3 will be available in three new colors, all of which stay consistent with the nature-based theme that Samsung’s flagship smartphone has features thus far.
- Shares of Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) rose 15,000 Korean won (US $13.21) in Seoul trading on Tuesday, despite requests by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, to ban sales of as eight products in the U.S.
- Best Buy Co, Aixtron SE, Nokia Corp, Sterlite Industries India, Pluristem Therapeutics, Seadrill and Zynga Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Tuesday.
Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Seeks Quick Ban On Eight Samsung Phones In US; Files Injunction With District CourtAfter its decisive win over Samsung in the patent trial Friday, Apple has formally filed a notice with the District Court in California, San Jose Division.
- Most of the Asian markets fell Monday as investor concerns of the weakening global economic condition were revived as Japan's government lowered its assessment of the country's economy.
Apple iPhone 5 Feature Appears In Allegedly Leaked Photo: NFC Chip Visible Along With Other Reported ComponentsThe release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is expected to come next month, and yet another allegedly leaked photo of what is expected to be the device’s front panel has surfaced. These newly discovered photographs reportedly provide evidence that Apple has implemented its first Near Field Communication (NFC) compatibility in the iPhone 5.
- Shares of Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) plunged nearly 8 percent in Seoul Monday following the company’s $1.05 billion loss to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, in a patent case in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., on Friday.
- Lydia Ko, a 15-year-old top-ranked female amateur golfer, became the youngest winner in LPGA Tour history and the circuit's fifth amateur champion on Sunday. Ko, who closed out the 2012 Canadian Women's Open with a 5-under 67 (three stroke margin), broke the age record of 16 set by Lexi Thompson last September in the Navistar LPGA Classic in Alabama
- While Samsung Electronics lost out to Apple in the high profile patent trial, wherein the U.S. court ordered the former to pay $1.05 billion for patent infringements, experts aver that the ongoing partnership among the two companies for supplying components will hold good.
Pre-Market Movers (ImmunoGen, Nokia, Dollar Thrifty, Research In Motion, Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Partner Comm, Tata Motors)ImmunoGen Inc, Nokia Corp, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Research In Motion, Apple Inc, Hewlett-Packard, Partner Communications and Tata Motors Ltd. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.
- Asian stock markets ended lower Monday as concerns over the Chinese economic slowdown offset the expectations for more stimulus measures from the policy makers around world.
- Samsung Electronics shares tumbled more than 7 percent on Monday, wiping $12 billion off the South Korean giant's market value, as Apple Inc's sweeping legal victory in their U.S. patent battle raised concerns about its smartphone business - its biggest cash cow.