- After three weeks of testimony, the case of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) vs. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Seoul: 005930) is over. U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh could instruct the nine-member civil jury in San Jose, Calif., as early as Tuesday The parties should settle first.
Google's Motorola Files Patent Case Against Apple; Aims To Block US Imports Of iPhone, iPad, Mac ComputersGoogle Inc's (GOOG), Motorola Mobility filed a new patent infringement case against Apple Inc. (AAPL) claiming features of Apple devices including location reminders, e-mail notification, phone/ video players, and Siri's voice-recognition program infringe on seven of Motorola Mobility patents.
Windows 8 Release Leak Indicates New Skype App, RT Tablet Rumored Price $200 to $300 Lower Than Standard VersionThe release date for Microsoft’s Windows 8 is drawing near, and another purported leak of what will be featured in the new operating system has surfaced online. The long-time PC manufacturer seems to be crafting a new version of video chat service Skype catered to the new Windows 8 user interface.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors Heat Up As Alleged Image Shows Front Body And Larger, Wider Display [FEATURES]Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is rumored for a release date at the end of August, and as that date approaches another purported leak has surfaced. An image of what is believed to be the device has appeared online, according to KnowYourMobile.
- Just a couple of days after it was reported that Samsung's latest flagship smartphone the Galaxy S3 is going to receive Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update on August 29, a leaked build of the OS surfaced Thursday with the claim of giving users "the chance to test the first Jelly Bean ROM by Samsung." Here are the steps to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3.
- As the trial between Apple and Samsung begins nearing its end, tensions in the court room are getting heated. When Apple's legal team presented a list of 22 more witnesses to call in the case, presiding U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh asked if Apple's lawyers were "smoking crack."
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) started shipping its $499 Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet in a bid for market share against the iPad from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company. On of its innovations is an electronic stylus called the S Pen, first unveiled at the International Consumer Electronics Show in January.
- Asian markets were mixed Thursday as investors maintained a watchful mode awaiting monetary easing measures from policymakers around the world to tackle the weakening of the global economic growth.
Android Jelly Bean Release Date For Samsung Galaxy S3 May Come This Month With Galaxy Note 2 Unveil, Rumors Say [FEATURES]Rumors about a release date for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung’s Galaxy S3 have been circulating since the new Google operating system was announced in June. The most recent speculation suggests that the Android upgrade will roll out to the Galaxy S3 along with the alleged unveil of Samsung’s Galaxy Note on August 29.
Windows RT Tablets: Microsoft Identifies Hardware Partners As It Fires First Salvo Against Apple iPadSoftware giant Microsoft announced the hardware partners for Windows RT edition. The Windows RT tablets will be accompanied by ARM processor.
- Market researcher Gartner Group (NYSE: IT) said global smartphone sales eased 2.3 percent in the second quarter to 419 million units, accounting for a record 36.7 percent of all mobile phone sales.
- Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, have recovered lost ground and are trading not much below their record high of $644 set on April 10. Despite a setback when third-quarter earnings fell shy of estimates last month, they could set another record again this week.
- Rumors about a black Samsung Galaxy S3 gathered pace last week. And now, a new report Monday apparently confirmed that the black-colored Galaxy S3 is indeed going to be a reality sooner than later. UK retailer MobileFun has listed the smartphone for pre-orders at a price of £499.95 (around $785).
- Most of the Asian markets rose Tuesday amid hopes that the Bank of Japan will soon announce stimulus measures to regain the economic growth momentum.
- We were fortunate enough to have some time with Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond where we discussed a broad range of topics from Scotland's ambitious renewable energy targets and North Sea oil & gas to Scottish independence and Donald Trump.
Apple iPhone 5 Features: 'Leaked' Logic Board Perfectly Fits Previous Specs, Rumors, Components [PICTURES]We're about a month away from the alleged date when Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) is expected to debut the iPhone 5, and fans are very excited to see what Apple's design wizards have come up with for this year's model. On Monday, French site NowhereElse posted pictures from Chinese forum Weiphone showing different angles of what appears to be the iPhone 5's new logic board. The logic board in question matches perfectly with previous rumors, specs, and features of the iPhone 5 prototypes....
Windows Phone 8 Release Date Could Come In September Near Rumored iPhone 5 Unveil; Reasons It Will Launch Next MonthMicrosoft’s upcoming Windows Phone 8 is likely to see a release date this fall, as manufacturers Nokia and HTC have been ramping up production of smartphones based on this platform, DigiTimes has reported.
- Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, set a five-month high Monday after the company advised the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission of plans to fire 4,000 Motorola employees, two-thirds outside the U.S.