- The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 arrived back in May, but that doesn’t mean the Korea-based manufacturer is done surprising fans of the device. Samsung has just announced that the Galaxy S3 will be available in three new colors, all of which stay consistent with the nature-based theme that Samsung’s flagship smartphone has features thus far.
- Shares of Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) rose 15,000 Korean won (US $13.21) in Seoul trading on Tuesday, despite requests by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, to ban sales of as eight products in the U.S.
- Best Buy Co, Aixtron SE, Nokia Corp, Sterlite Industries India, Pluristem Therapeutics, Seadrill and Zynga Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Tuesday.
Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Seeks Quick Ban On Eight Samsung Phones In US; Files Injunction With District CourtAfter its decisive win over Samsung in the patent trial Friday, Apple has formally filed a notice with the District Court in California, San Jose Division.
- Most of the Asian markets fell Monday as investor concerns of the weakening global economic condition were revived as Japan's government lowered its assessment of the country's economy.
Apple iPhone 5 Feature Appears In Allegedly Leaked Photo: NFC Chip Visible Along With Other Reported ComponentsThe release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is expected to come next month, and yet another allegedly leaked photo of what is expected to be the device’s front panel has surfaced. These newly discovered photographs reportedly provide evidence that Apple has implemented its first Near Field Communication (NFC) compatibility in the iPhone 5.
- Shares of Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) plunged nearly 8 percent in Seoul Monday following the company’s $1.05 billion loss to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, in a patent case in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., on Friday.
- Lydia Ko, a 15-year-old top-ranked female amateur golfer, became the youngest winner in LPGA Tour history and the circuit's fifth amateur champion on Sunday. Ko, who closed out the 2012 Canadian Women's Open with a 5-under 67 (three stroke margin), broke the age record of 16 set by Lexi Thompson last September in the Navistar LPGA Classic in Alabama
- While Samsung Electronics lost out to Apple in the high profile patent trial, wherein the U.S. court ordered the former to pay $1.05 billion for patent infringements, experts aver that the ongoing partnership among the two companies for supplying components will hold good.
Pre-Market Movers (ImmunoGen, Nokia, Dollar Thrifty, Research In Motion, Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Partner Comm, Tata Motors)ImmunoGen Inc, Nokia Corp, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Research In Motion, Apple Inc, Hewlett-Packard, Partner Communications and Tata Motors Ltd. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.
- Asian stock markets ended lower Monday as concerns over the Chinese economic slowdown offset the expectations for more stimulus measures from the policy makers around world.
- Samsung Electronics shares tumbled more than 7 percent on Monday, wiping $12 billion off the South Korean giant's market value, as Apple Inc's sweeping legal victory in their U.S. patent battle raised concerns about its smartphone business - its biggest cash cow.
- Most of the Asian markets fell Monday as investors' concerns about the faltering global economy undermined the expectations for stimulus measures from China and the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- In the wake of the $1.05 billion verdict delivered Friday in the widely watched U.S. intellectual-property case won by Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) and lost by Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Korea: 005930), Samsung was battered in Korea Exchange trading Monday.
- After scoring a decisive win over competitor Samsung in the high-profile patent trial Friday, August 24, Apple has now shifted focus toward Microsoft, and is planning to unveil a smaller iPad, popularly referred to as "iPad Mini" to take on the Redmond software giant's tablet, Surface.
- At a time when Samsung is expected to release the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update - the newest version of Google's mobile operating system - for its Galaxy S3 smartphone Aug. 29, it appears that owners of the T-Mobile version of the device can already try out the update, thanks to a leaked version of the OS.
Apple Vs. Samsung Lawsuit: How The Tech Giants Responded To The $1 Billion Verdict [Full List Of Infringed Products]Apple had the last laugh in its epic Apple v. Samsung patent-infringement lawsuit and was awarded $1.051 billion in damages by a California jury. Take a look at the list of the patents involved in the lawsuit and the devices that were found to infringe on those patents.
- Apple Inc scored a sweeping legal victory over Samsung on Friday as a U.S. jury found the Korean company had copied critical features of the hugely popular iPhone and iPad and awarded the U.S. company $1.05 billion in damages.