Articles by Samsung
- Google's Motorola Files Patent Case Against Apple; Aims To Block US Imports Of iPhone, iPad, Mac Computers
August 19 2012 4:21 AM
Google Inc's (GOOG), Motorola Mobility filed a new patent infringement case against Apple Inc. (AAPL) claiming features of Apple devices including location reminders, e-mail notification, phone/ video players, and Siri's voice-recognition program infringe on seven of Motorola Mobility patents.
- Windows 8 Release Leak Indicates New Skype App, RT Tablet Rumored Price $200 to $300 Lower Than Standard Version
August 17 2012 5:15 PM
The release date for Microsoft’s Windows 8 is drawing near, and another purported leak of what will be featured in the new operating system has surfaced online. The long-time PC manufacturer seems to be crafting a new version of video chat service Skype catered to the new Windows 8 user interface.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors Heat Up As Alleged Image Shows Front Body And Larger, Wider Display [FEATURES]
August 17 2012 10:51 AM
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is rumored for a release date at the end of August, and as that date approaches another purported leak has surfaced. An image of what is believed to be the device has appeared online, according to KnowYourMobile.
- How To Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean On Samsung Galaxy S3 Using Leaked ROM [VIDEO]
August 17 2012 1:33 AM
Just a couple of days after it was reported that Samsung's latest flagship smartphone the Galaxy S3 is going to receive Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update on August 29, a leaked build of the OS surfaced Thursday with the claim of giving users "the chance to test the first Jelly Bean ROM by Samsung." Here are the steps to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Asian Stocks Rise On Euro Zone Optimism
August 17 2012 12:17 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Friday as investor confidence was lifted after German Chancellor Angela Merkel stressed her country's commitment to support measures to alleviate the debt crisis faced by the euro zone.
- Judge Asks If Apple Lawyers Are 'Smoking Crack' In Samsung Patent Lawsuit
August 16 2012 8:14 PM
As the trial between Apple and Samsung begins nearing its end, tensions in the court room are getting heated. When Apple's legal team presented a list of 22 more witnesses to call in the case, presiding U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh asked if Apple's lawyers were "smoking crack."
- Samsung Ships Galaxy Note 10.1 To Battle iPad Dominance
August 16 2012 12:47 PM
Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) started shipping its $499 Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet in a bid for market share against the iPad from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company. On of its innovations is an electronic stylus called the S Pen, first unveiled at the International Consumer Electronics Show in January.
- Asian Stocks Mixed As Investors Await Stimulus Measures
August 16 2012 12:02 AM
Asian markets were mixed Thursday as investors maintained a watchful mode awaiting monetary easing measures from policymakers around the world to tackle the weakening of the global economic growth.
- Android Jelly Bean Release Date For Samsung Galaxy S3 May Come This Month With Galaxy Note 2 Unveil, Rumors Say [FEATURES]
August 15 2012 12:58 PM
Rumors about a release date for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung’s Galaxy S3 have been circulating since the new Google operating system was announced in June. The most recent speculation suggests that the Android upgrade will roll out to the Galaxy S3 along with the alleged unveil of Samsung’s Galaxy Note on August 29.
- Windows RT Tablets: Microsoft Identifies Hardware Partners As It Fires First Salvo Against Apple iPad
August 15 2012 8:45 AM
Software giant Microsoft announced the hardware partners for Windows RT edition. The Windows RT tablets will be accompanied by ARM processor.
- Asian Stocks Fall As Japan Stimulus Hopes Fade
August 15 2012 12:30 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Wednesday as investor confidence was weighed down by the lack of stimulus measures from policymakers to support the global economy and regain the growth momentum.
- Smartphone Sales? Gartner Reports Global Shipments Fell 2.3% As Samsung Leads
August 14 2012 12:15 PM
Market researcher Gartner Group (NYSE: IT) said global smartphone sales eased 2.3 percent in the second quarter to 419 million units, accounting for a record 36.7 percent of all mobile phone sales.
- Apple Shares Near All-Time High On New Product Hopes
August 14 2012 6:18 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, have recovered lost ground and are trading not much below their record high of $644 set on April 10. Despite a setback when third-quarter earnings fell shy of estimates last month, they could set another record again this week.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Confirmed: Device Goes Up For Pre-Order In UK, Availability After 4-6 Weeks
August 14 2012 5:25 AM
Rumors about a black Samsung Galaxy S3 gathered pace last week. And now, a new report Monday apparently confirmed that the black-colored Galaxy S3 is indeed going to be a reality sooner than later. UK retailer MobileFun has listed the smartphone for pre-orders at a price of £499.95 (around $785).
- Asian Stocks Rise On Japan Stimulus Hopes
August 14 2012 12:11 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Tuesday amid hopes that the Bank of Japan will soon announce stimulus measures to regain the economic growth momentum.
- Renewable Energy Ambitions, Independence & Donald Trump - An Interview with Alex Salmond
August 13 2012 3:55 PM
We were fortunate enough to have some time with Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond where we discussed a broad range of topics from Scotland's ambitious renewable energy targets and North Sea oil & gas to Scottish independence and Donald Trump.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: 'Leaked' Logic Board Perfectly Fits Previous Specs, Rumors, Components [PICTURES]
August 13 2012 2:47 PM
We're about a month away from the alleged date when Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) is expected to debut the iPhone 5, and fans are very excited to see what Apple's design wizards have come up with for this year's model. On Monday, French site NowhereElse posted pictures from Chinese forum Weiphone showing different angles of what appears to be the iPhone 5's new logic board. The logic board in question matches perfectly with previous rumors, specs, and features of the iPhone 5 prototypes....
- Windows Phone 8 Release Date Could Come In September Near Rumored iPhone 5 Unveil; Reasons It Will Launch Next Month
August 13 2012 12:41 PM
Microsoft’s upcoming Windows Phone 8 is likely to see a release date this fall, as manufacturers Nokia and HTC have been ramping up production of smartphones based on this platform, DigiTimes has reported.
- Google Shares Set 5-Month High On Firings Of 4,000 Motorola Workers
August 13 2012 11:34 AM
Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, set a five-month high Monday after the company advised the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission of plans to fire 4,000 Motorola employees, two-thirds outside the U.S.
- Samsung Exynos 5 Dual ARM A15 32nm Chipset: Will It Power The Rumored 11.8-Inch Tablet? [Full Specs & Features]
August 13 2012 3:46 AM
Last week, Samsung announced its upcoming Exynos 5 Dual chipset, which is expected to be shipped towards the end of this year or early next year. Built on 32nm high-k metal gate (HKMG) process, the Exynos 5 Dual clocks at 1.7GHz and combines two ARM Cortex A15s with an ARM Mali-T604 GPU.