- Asian Stocks Fall On Weak Japan Data
August 13 2012 12:48 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Monday as investors continued to have worries that the global economy is weakening and the growth is losing its momentum following the weak GDP data from Japan.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Releases With Battery Issues: How To Fix The Drain Problems And Find Out If Your Device Is Affected
August 12 2012 11:32 PM
Samsung's Galaxy S3 has become one of the leading smartphones on the market, hitting the 10 million-unit sales mark in less than two months after its launch. Although the device has been dubbed as the Korea-based company's flagship smartphone of 2012, it does come with its share of issues.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: 15 Brilliant Concept Designs We're Still Hoping For [PICTURES]
August 11 2012 11:26 AM
We're about a month away from the alleged reveal of the iPhone 5 which will reportedly take place at an Apple media event planned for Wednesday, Sept. 12. But what if every rumor up until now has been fake? What if all of these reports were planted by Apple to throw us off the scent? For more than a year, designers across the Internet have dreamed up their own ideas and concept designs for what they thought Apple should do with the iPhone 5. Who knows? Maybe Apple will actually listen to one ...
- Money's Winners And Losers: Rentech, Goldman Sachs, NASA And Curiosity; Standard Chartered, Apple And Samsung, Social Security Administration
August 10 2012 9:29 PM
Each week, the International Business Times money team picks three winners and three losers. Our choices are made based upon the amount of money involved and how compelling, dramatic, or just generally interesting the story behind the money is.
- Apple IPhone 5 Battery Rumors: Will The New iPhone Be Unable To Hold A Charge?
August 10 2012 7:08 PM
With the Apple iPhone 5 release date reportedly looming on the horizon, information about the coming phone has been leaking everywhere. Now, new photos are allegedly showing the iPhone 5's battery, but could its comparatively small size cause big problems for Apple?
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: Can We Trust The Photos, Components, Features Are Legitimate? [PICTURES]
August 10 2012 5:04 PM
Apple plans to finally launch the iPhone 5 on Sept. 12. Since May, however, photos and pictures of future iPhone components have been popping up around the Internet, and by now, most people think they know what the iPhone 5 looks like. But to what degree can this iPhone evidence be trusted?
- Curtains For RIM? Besides IBM, Are Microsoft, Samsung, Oracle Looking?
August 10 2012 12:53 PM
Shares of BlackBerry developer Research in Motion (Nasdaq; RIM) jumped on speculation IBM (NYSE: IBM) might be interested in part of the company. But others like Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL), might also want its technology, too.
- BlackBerry Investor Backs IBM Bid; Values RIM Assets At $9.6B
August 10 2012 9:10 AM
BlackBerry investor Victor Alboini said he welcomed a bid for Research in Motion's enterprise business by IBM, saying it would greatly enhance value of an undervalued asset.
- Asian Stocks Fall As China Data Disappoints
August 10 2012 12:10 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Friday as investors were disappointed to note that China's trade balance for July was worse than expected, increasing concerns about the faltering economic condition.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors Indicate No Android Jelly Bean, But Will It Come With Flexible Display? [VIDEO]
August 09 2012 6:20 PM
The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is set to come at the end of this month, but those expecting the smartphone-tablet hybrid to come with Android’s Jelly Bean may be disappointed. The Galaxy Note successor will reportedly launch with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Apple iPhone 5 Allegedly Leaked Photos Surface: Is This The Best Evidence The Release Date Is Near? [FEATURES]
August 09 2012 5:02 PM
Apple’s iPhone 5 is expected for a September release date, and as the month draws near the rumor mill has been churning harder than ever. Early on Thursday, a new set of reportedly leaked photos have found their way to the web, according to Apple Insider.
- Android And iOS Surge To New Smartphone OS Record In Q2 2012; BlackBerry OS, Symbian Decline
August 09 2012 6:26 AM
According to a new IDC report, Android and iOS together accounted for 85 percent of all smartphones shipped in the second quarter of 2012, establishing a new combined high for the mobile operating systems from Google and Apple.
- Tech’s Bullish Signals: CSC’s Results Plus HP, IBM Forecasts Bode Well For Sector
August 09 2012 6:26 AM
Technology may have a good second half of 2012 after all, despite all the fears of economic collapse, lower demand for PCs and other worries. After Computer Sciences reported better-than-expected results on Wednesday, Hewlett-Packard said third-quarter results would be stronger, too.
- Asian Stock Markets Gain As China CPI Growth Slows
August 09 2012 4:36 AM
Asian stock markets advanced for the fourth straight session Thursday after data showed that Chinese inflation continued to cool down in July, providing more room for further policy easing to boost growth.
- Asian Stocks Rise As China’s Inflation Slows Down
August 09 2012 12:03 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Thursday as hopes for monetary easing measures to be announced by China grew following reports that the country's inflation slowed down in July compared to the previous month.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: Will The Smaller Dock Connector Be MagSafe?
August 08 2012 6:13 PM
Almost every major news outlet has said Apple plans to slim down its traditional dock connector -- the outlet for connecting the iPhone to power sources, devices, utilities, and other accessories -- from 30 pins to either 19 pins, or possibly even just nine pins. Whatever the size is, it's getting smaller; one question still left unanswered, on the other hand, is whether or not the new dock connector will be MagSafe.
- Android, iOS Power 85% Of New Smartphones: IDC
August 08 2012 12:31 PM
No surprise. Smartphones operating on the Android OS from Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine and the iOS from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, now power 85 percent of all new smartphones, IDC estimated.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Could Break 170 Million Sales In A Year, Analyst Says, As Launch Date Approaches [FEATURES]
August 08 2012 10:35 AM
Apple’s iPhone 5 release could account for 170 million total iPhones sold in the next year, experts say. According to analyst Horace Dediu, who has quoted Apple’s own marketing chief, the iPhone 5 will comprise 85 percent of total Apple smartphone sales in the next 12 months, CNET reported.
- Asian Stocks Rise As Europe Optimism Persists
August 08 2012 12:28 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Wednesday as investor confidence continued to be lifted by hopes that the European Central Bank will take actions to reduce the debt pressure faced by Spain and Italy.
- Apple’s $350M AuthenTec Deal Could Trigger Samsung Counteroffer
August 07 2012 3:38 PM
Nearly two weeks after AuthenTec Inc. (Nasdaq: AUTH) advised the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission it had agreed to be acquired by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, for $350 million, Apple still hasn’t made an announcement nor filed its own SEC report.