Apple iPhone 5 Features: 'Leaked' Logic Board Perfectly Fits Previous Specs, Rumors, Components [PICTURES]We're about a month away from the alleged date when Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) is expected to debut the iPhone 5, and fans are very excited to see what Apple's design wizards have come up with for this year's model. On Monday, French site NowhereElse posted pictures from Chinese forum Weiphone showing different angles of what appears to be the iPhone 5's new logic board. The logic board in question matches perfectly with previous rumors, specs, and features of the iPhone 5 prototypes....
Windows Phone 8 Release Date Could Come In September Near Rumored iPhone 5 Unveil; Reasons It Will Launch Next MonthMicrosoft’s upcoming Windows Phone 8 is likely to see a release date this fall, as manufacturers Nokia and HTC have been ramping up production of smartphones based on this platform, DigiTimes has reported.
- Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, set a five-month high Monday after the company advised the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission of plans to fire 4,000 Motorola employees, two-thirds outside the U.S.
Samsung Exynos 5 Dual ARM A15 32nm Chipset: Will It Power The Rumored 11.8-Inch Tablet? [Full Specs & Features]Last week, Samsung announced its upcoming Exynos 5 Dual chipset, which is expected to be shipped towards the end of this year or early next year. Built on 32nm high-k metal gate (HKMG) process, the Exynos 5 Dual clocks at 1.7GHz and combines two ARM Cortex A15s with an ARM Mali-T604 GPU.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Releases With Battery Issues: How To Fix The Drain Problems And Find Out If Your Device Is AffectedSamsung's Galaxy S3 has become one of the leading smartphones on the market, hitting the 10 million-unit sales mark in less than two months after its launch. Although the device has been dubbed as the Korea-based company's flagship smartphone of 2012, it does come with its share of issues.
- We're about a month away from the alleged reveal of the iPhone 5 which will reportedly take place at an Apple media event planned for Wednesday, Sept. 12. But what if every rumor up until now has been fake? What if all of these reports were planted by Apple to throw us off the scent? For more than a year, designers across the Internet have dreamed up their own ideas and concept designs for what they thought Apple should do with the iPhone 5. Who knows? Maybe Apple will actually listen to one ...
Money's Winners And Losers: Rentech, Goldman Sachs, NASA And Curiosity; Standard Chartered, Apple And Samsung, Social Security AdministrationEach week, the International Business Times money team picks three winners and three losers. Our choices are made based upon the amount of money involved and how compelling, dramatic, or just generally interesting the story behind the money is.
- With the Apple iPhone 5 release date reportedly looming on the horizon, information about the coming phone has been leaking everywhere. Now, new photos are allegedly showing the iPhone 5's battery, but could its comparatively small size cause big problems for Apple?
- Apple plans to finally launch the iPhone 5 on Sept. 12. Since May, however, photos and pictures of future iPhone components have been popping up around the Internet, and by now, most people think they know what the iPhone 5 looks like. But to what degree can this iPhone evidence be trusted?
- Shares of BlackBerry developer Research in Motion (Nasdaq; RIM) jumped on speculation IBM (NYSE: IBM) might be interested in part of the company. But others like Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL), might also want its technology, too.
- BlackBerry investor Victor Alboini said he welcomed a bid for Research in Motion's enterprise business by IBM, saying it would greatly enhance value of an undervalued asset.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors Indicate No Android Jelly Bean, But Will It Come With Flexible Display? [VIDEO]The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is set to come at the end of this month, but those expecting the smartphone-tablet hybrid to come with Android’s Jelly Bean may be disappointed. The Galaxy Note successor will reportedly launch with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Apple iPhone 5 Allegedly Leaked Photos Surface: Is This The Best Evidence The Release Date Is Near? [FEATURES]Apple’s iPhone 5 is expected for a September release date, and as the month draws near the rumor mill has been churning harder than ever. Early on Thursday, a new set of reportedly leaked photos have found their way to the web, according to Apple Insider.
- According to a new IDC report, Android and iOS together accounted for 85 percent of all smartphones shipped in the second quarter of 2012, establishing a new combined high for the mobile operating systems from Google and Apple.
- Technology may have a good second half of 2012 after all, despite all the fears of economic collapse, lower demand for PCs and other worries. After Computer Sciences reported better-than-expected results on Wednesday, Hewlett-Packard said third-quarter results would be stronger, too.
- Asian stock markets advanced for the fourth straight session Thursday after data showed that Chinese inflation continued to cool down in July, providing more room for further policy easing to boost growth.
- Almost every major news outlet has said Apple plans to slim down its traditional dock connector -- the outlet for connecting the iPhone to power sources, devices, utilities, and other accessories -- from 30 pins to either 19 pins, or possibly even just nine pins. Whatever the size is, it's getting smaller; one question still left unanswered, on the other hand, is whether or not the new dock connector will be MagSafe.