- The jury reached an earlier-than-expected verdict Friday in the Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. et al. case being heard by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, according to multiple media reports.
- As technology industry eagerly waits to hear the verdict of U.S. Federal District Court in Apple (AAPL), Samsung (005930) patent tussle a South Korean Court ruled Friday that both the firms were guilty of patent infringement and banned sales of Apple and Samsung smartphones and tablets.
- The iPhone 5 is a highly anticipated piece of tech that has been taken apart and examined on YouTube. The video compares parts of the iPhone 5 with it's precursor, the iPhone 4s.
- Sony Mobile announced Thursday that it would lay off about 15 percent (approximately 1,000 personnel) of its global workforce as part of its global operational restructure. The company also announced that it would move its corporate headquarters from Lund, Sweden, to Tokyo, Japan in October.
Apple iPhone 5 Vs iPhone 4S: Video Comparison Builds Excitement Ahead Of Sept 12 Release Of New iPhoneA new video surfaced Wednesday that appeared to combine several iPhone 4S parts with the next generation iPhone, largely rumored as "iPhone 5," showcasing changes rendered with regard to flex cables and screen size.
- One of the very likely features that iPhone 5 is expected to have is a bigger and thinner display, compared to previous iPhone models. Adding further credence to this information, Reuters came up with a report Wednesday, saying that South Korean LCD panel maker LG Display has started producing new displays using the so-called in-cell technology that are widely expected to be used in Apple's upcoming iPhone iteration.
- Apple will reportedly be releasing an iPad Mini along with its iPhone 5 next month, and a new report further fuels rumors that the company is preparing for a major launch. Although the Cupertino, Calif.-based manufacturer has not yet confirmed that the iPad Mini’s release, alleged evidence says that Apple is ramping up production.
How To Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean On Samsung?s Galaxy S3: Is This The Most Credible Leak Yet? [VIDEO, FEATURES]Since Google announced its Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade, endless leaks have surfaced throughout the Internet. However, the most recent alleged leak to appear allows users to install the Jelly Bean software on Samsung?s Galaxy S3, the company?s flagship smartphone of 2012.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Looks Sleeker Than Ever In New Trailer; What We Learned About The Device [VIDEO]Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 is catered towards those who look to create and consume media content, and the Korea-based manufacturer is certainly stressing that point in its advertising campaign. The successor to the original ?phablet? device is reportedly set for a release date on August 29, and as that date draws near more information on the device seems to emerge.
- Don?t say technology companies aren?t enormously profitable. An IBTimes review of the cash and investment holdings of 11 of the top technology leaders shows they are sitting atop nearly $375 billion in cash and investments ? or about 24 percent more since the last survey nine months ago.
- After enjoying a record-breaking quarter earlier this year, Apple posted yet another milestone on Monday, this time for its stock. With its stock reaching $660.73 a share early Monday morning, Apple finally surpassed Microsoft as the most valuable publicly-traded stock ever, achieving a market capitalization of $619.37 billion, the largest cap ever recorded.
Windows Phone 8 Price And Models 'Leaked:' 'Odyssey' To Feature Same Specs As Samsung's Galaxy S3, Rumors SayMicrosoft?s next line of Windows Phone 8 devices are expected for a fall release date alongside its new Windows 8 operating system. Rumors of these Microsoft-branded smartphones from manufacturer Samsung have been circulating for some time now, and a recent leak has revealed the names of these devices.
- Most Asian markets fell Monday as investor confidence was weighed down by the lack of stimulus measures from policymakers to support the global economy and regain the growth momentum.
- After three weeks of testimony, the case of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) vs. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Seoul: 005930) is over. U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh could instruct the nine-member civil jury in San Jose, Calif., as early as Tuesday The parties should settle first.
Google's Motorola Files Patent Case Against Apple; Aims To Block US Imports Of iPhone, iPad, Mac ComputersGoogle Inc's (GOOG), Motorola Mobility filed a new patent infringement case against Apple Inc. (AAPL) claiming features of Apple devices including location reminders, e-mail notification, phone/ video players, and Siri's voice-recognition program infringe on seven of Motorola Mobility patents.
Windows 8 Release Leak Indicates New Skype App, RT Tablet Rumored Price $200 to $300 Lower Than Standard VersionThe release date for Microsoft’s Windows 8 is drawing near, and another purported leak of what will be featured in the new operating system has surfaced online. The long-time PC manufacturer seems to be crafting a new version of video chat service Skype catered to the new Windows 8 user interface.