Articles by SEC
- LSU Replaces USC at No. 2 Spot in AP Rankings
September 16 2012 2:58 PM
The Trojans dropped to No. 13 following their upset loss to Stanford.
- LSU vs. Idaho Where to Watch FREE Live Online Stream, Prediction, Betting Odds, and Preview for Saturday?s College Football Game
September 15 2012 4:25 PM
LSU hosts win-less Idaho in non-conference action Saturday night.
- Florida vs. Tennessee Where to Watch FREE Live Online Stream, Prediction, Betting Odds, and Preview for Saturday?s SEC Game
September 15 2012 3:05 PM
Florida hopes to stay perfect in the SEC has they face Tennessee Saturday.
- Notre Dame Headed to ACC: Fighting Irish Leaving Big East Conference [REPORT]
September 12 2012 9:53 AM
Notre Dame is reportedly joining the ACC. The Fighting Irish are currently in the Big East for all sports, except football
- Zynga Loses Marketing Chief, CTO In Latest Round Of Departures
September 10 2012 7:08 PM
Zynga., creator of popular social and mobile games like "FarmVille" and "Words with Friends," is losing its chief marketing and revenue officer, Jeff Karp, the second executive departure in as many days.
- Oakland Raiders vs. San Diego Chargers: Watch FREE Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction for Carson Palmer’s 2012 NFL Season Opener
September 10 2012 5:18 PM
The Oakland Raiders face the San Diego Chargers in each team’s 2012 season opener. Here’s how to watch free a live stream online, as well as a preview and prediction for the contest.
- Facebook Shares Fall Again As Co-Founder Moskovitz Sells More
September 10 2012 11:08 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, fell more than 2 percent in early Monday trading after co-founder Dustin Moskovitz disclosed he’s dumped more shares, a week after the Menlo Park, Calif., company tried to erect a firewall by announcing buybacks and other measures. The latest sales came after Moskovitz dumped about a million shares in August.
- Apple (AAPL) Awards Recently Promoted Top Executives With $50 Million Stock Grants Ahead Of iPhone 5 Launch
September 05 2012 5:15 AM
As the countdown for the next-generation iPhone launch, largely viewed as "iPhone 5" knocks down to a week, news of recently promoted Apple (AAPL) executives receiving generous stock grants worth over $50 million is making waves.
- Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Sells Another $34.2M In Stock
August 30 2012 1:26 PM
Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG), sold another 50,000 shares of the company worth around $34.2 million, according to documents filed Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Knight Accepts Nasdaq's $62 Million Facebook Payback Plan
August 30 2012 12:40 PM
After initially criticizing Nasdaq OMX Group for its response to Facebook's botched initial public offering, trading firm Knight Capital Group Inc said it accepted the exchange's latest plan to pay back brokers a portion of their losses.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit Will Spawn More Patent Trials; Patents Are New Currency In Knowledge-Based Economy: Expert (Exclusive Interview)
August 30 2012 8:02 AM
Patent expert Alexander Poltorak, CEO and chairman of General Patent Corporation, advocates multi-tier patent system, specialized patent courts and arbitration forums as the key facilitators for the speedy resolution of increasing number of patent disputes and dubs patents as the new currency in Knowledge-Based Economy.
- Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Sells $69.3 Million in Stock
August 29 2012 2:57 PM
Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG), has sold 103,193 shares of the company worth around $69.3 million, according to Tuesday filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- ZeekRewards Receiver Estimates 2 Million Victims; Probe's Like 'Drinking From a Firehose'
August 28 2012 5:25 PM
The receiver who was handed control of Paul Burks' company Rex Venture Group and ZeekRewards following its forced closure by the SEC told reporters that trying to following the money collected through hundreds of thousands of Zeek affliates has been like "drinking from a firehose."
- ZeekRewards Facing Federal Class-Action Lawsuit
August 28 2012 3:15 PM
ZeekRewards, Rex Venture Group and its founder, accused in an alleged Ponzi scheme, now face a federal lawsuit brought by former "affiliates."
- Money's Winners And Losers: NY Fed And AIG, Gawker Media, Eli Lilly, ZeekRewards, Best Buy, Fisker Automotive
August 24 2012 7:41 PM
Each week, we pick the biggest, most dramatic, or most interesting winners and losers in money and business. Our picks for Aug. 19-24 include the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Eli Lilly & Co. on one side, and ZeekRewards and Best Buy Co. Inc. on the other side.
- ZeekRewards Class-Action Plaintiffs Hire Prominent NC Politician As Lawyer
August 23 2012 7:26 PM
Plaintiffs for the class-action lawsuit filed against Rex Venture Group, ZeekRewards, and the company's found and CEO Paul Burks are being represented by James "Cal" Cunningham, a local politician and former member of the North Carolina Senate.
- ZeekRewards Supporters Sign Online Petition As Company Is Handed Over To Receiver
August 22 2012 7:00 PM
Following reports that ZeekRewards.com and Zeekler.com were shuttered by the SEC after being declared a Ponzi scheme, over 13,000 users and Zeek affiliates have flocked to an online petition to defend the company from charges against its founder Paul Burks and his company Rex Venture Group.
- Jesse Robredo Plane Crash: Filipino Politician Found Dead, 180 Feet Below Sea After Plane Goes Down Off Masbate
August 21 2012 8:59 AM
Jesse Robredo, a Filipino politician who served as Secretary of the Interior and Local Government in the administration of President Benigno Aquino III, was found dead in a plane wreckage.
- Zeek Pyramid Scheme: A Million Penny Crimes Set Record For Number Of Victims
August 19 2012 2:50 PM
ZeekRewards and Zeekler have been shut down, but the consequences and fallout is far from over.
- ZeekRewards, Zeekler Users 'In Shock': Inside The Alleged $600M Ponzi Scheme
August 18 2012 5:31 PM
Users of ZeekRewards.com and Zeekler.com are searching for answers -- and their lost money -- after the Securities and Exchange Commission charged the sites' owner, Paul Burks, with an alleged $600 million Ponzi scheme. "I was in shock," said a Zeek member who used the site for five months.