- An exchange-traded fund for bitcoin, backed by the Winklevoss twins of Facebook fame, was rejected by the Securities and Echange Commission due to concerns of fraud.
LSU vs. Idaho Where to Watch FREE Live Online Stream, Prediction, Betting Odds, and Preview for Saturday?s College Football GameLSU hosts win-less Idaho in non-conference action Saturday night.
Florida vs. Tennessee Where to Watch FREE Live Online Stream, Prediction, Betting Odds, and Preview for Saturday?s SEC GameFlorida hopes to stay perfect in the SEC has they face Tennessee Saturday.
- Notre Dame is reportedly joining the ACC. The Fighting Irish are currently in the Big East for all sports, except football
- Zynga., creator of popular social and mobile games like "FarmVille" and "Words with Friends," is losing its chief marketing and revenue officer, Jeff Karp, the second executive departure in as many days.
Oakland Raiders vs. San Diego Chargers: Watch FREE Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction for Carson Palmer’s 2012 NFL Season OpenerThe Oakland Raiders face the San Diego Chargers in each team’s 2012 season opener. Here’s how to watch free a live stream online, as well as a preview and prediction for the contest.
- Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, fell more than 2 percent in early Monday trading after co-founder Dustin Moskovitz disclosed he’s dumped more shares, a week after the Menlo Park, Calif., company tried to erect a firewall by announcing buybacks and other measures. The latest sales came after Moskovitz dumped about a million shares in August.
Apple (AAPL) Awards Recently Promoted Top Executives With $50 Million Stock Grants Ahead Of iPhone 5 LaunchAs the countdown for the next-generation iPhone launch, largely viewed as "iPhone 5" knocks down to a week, news of recently promoted Apple (AAPL) executives receiving generous stock grants worth over $50 million is making waves.
- Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG), sold another 50,000 shares of the company worth around $34.2 million, according to documents filed Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- After initially criticizing Nasdaq OMX Group for its response to Facebook's botched initial public offering, trading firm Knight Capital Group Inc said it accepted the exchange's latest plan to pay back brokers a portion of their losses.
Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit Will Spawn More Patent Trials; Patents Are New Currency In Knowledge-Based Economy: Expert (Exclusive Interview)Patent expert Alexander Poltorak, CEO and chairman of General Patent Corporation, advocates multi-tier patent system, specialized patent courts and arbitration forums as the key facilitators for the speedy resolution of increasing number of patent disputes and dubs patents as the new currency in Knowledge-Based Economy.
- Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG), has sold 103,193 shares of the company worth around $69.3 million, according to Tuesday filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- The receiver who was handed control of Paul Burks' company Rex Venture Group and ZeekRewards following its forced closure by the SEC told reporters that trying to following the money collected through hundreds of thousands of Zeek affliates has been like "drinking from a firehose."
Money's Winners And Losers: NY Fed And AIG, Gawker Media, Eli Lilly, ZeekRewards, Best Buy, Fisker AutomotiveEach week, we pick the biggest, most dramatic, or most interesting winners and losers in money and business. Our picks for Aug. 19-24 include the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Eli Lilly & Co. on one side, and ZeekRewards and Best Buy Co. Inc. on the other side.
- Plaintiffs for the class-action lawsuit filed against Rex Venture Group, ZeekRewards, and the company's found and CEO Paul Burks are being represented by James "Cal" Cunningham, a local politician and former member of the North Carolina Senate.
- Following reports that ZeekRewards.com and Zeekler.com were shuttered by the SEC after being declared a Ponzi scheme, over 13,000 users and Zeek affiliates have flocked to an online petition to defend the company from charges against its founder Paul Burks and his company Rex Venture Group.
Jesse Robredo Plane Crash: Filipino Politician Found Dead, 180 Feet Below Sea After Plane Goes Down Off MasbateJesse Robredo, a Filipino politician who served as Secretary of the Interior and Local Government in the administration of President Benigno Aquino III, was found dead in a plane wreckage.
- ZeekRewards and Zeekler have been shut down, but the consequences and fallout is far from over.