Articles by Sony
- EU Summit Proposals Lift Asian Stock Markets
June 29 2012 5:28 AM
Asian stock markets rallied Friday as sentiment was buoyed after leaders at the European Union summit in Brussels agreed on important plans to tackle the region's debt crisis.
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet Unveiled: Meet Xbox 720, Wii U And PS4?s Newest Competitor; Why Next Generation of Consoles Could Be The Last
June 27 2012 8:02 PM
Google unveiled its Nexus Tablet 7 at its I/O developer?s conference, as analysts and critics predicted. The device boasted a host of alluring new features such as the latest version of Android?s operating system. But underneath the sleek build and smooth software lies what could represent a turning point in the gaming industry.
- Google I/O 2012: Rumors That Are Likely To Become Announcements At This Year?s Developers Conference
June 27 2012 11:21 AM
Apple had its time to shine earlier in June, and now its Google?s turn. Google I/O 2012, the company?s annual developer?s conference, is expected to unveil the next Android operating system and its upcoming release in its Nexus-brand of devices. The keynote is set to launch in only a couple of hours, and here?s the final roundup of last minute rumors and what to expect from the search engine giant?s spotlight moment.
- Kenny Chesney Look-Alike, Nathan Blankenship, Thrown Out Of Brothers of the Sun Tour Show In Nashville
June 27 2012 9:52 AM
A man that bears a striking resemblance to the American country music singer Kenny Chesney recently got tossed from the country star's Brothers of the Sun Tour show in Nashville, Tenn. Nathan Blankenship was removed from the Kenny Chesney concert in Nashville on Saturday, June 23, after he was stopped by several people and asked to take photos with those who thought he was the Hemingway's Whiskey artist.
- Ghosn-zilla! Brazilian CEO Is Biggest Earner In Japan
June 26 2012 11:06 AM
Nissan Motor Company (Tokyo: 7201) CEO Carlos Ghosn was the highest-paid CEO in Japan in the last fiscal year with a salary and bonus totaling 987 million yen ($12.5 million), according to Reuters.
- Asian Stocks Mostly Decline On EU Summit Doubts
June 26 2012 5:21 AM
Asian Stock markets mostly declined Tuesday as market participants continued to doubt the ability of European leaders in tackling the debt crisis at a European summit later this week.
- Asian Stocks Fall After Moody?s Downgrades Spanish Banks
June 26 2012 12:51 AM
Most Asian markets fell Tuesday as investor sentiments continued to be dragged down by concerns over the debt crisis looming over the euro zone.
- Sony's Next Generation Set-Top Box With Google TV Arrives July 22
June 25 2012 8:30 AM
Sony Electronics Inc. announced Monday the availability and pricing of the NSZ-GS7 Internet Player with Google TV, which was originally introduced at CES 2012 in January.
- 'Jeopardy!' Host Alex Trebek Survives Mild Heart Attack
June 24 2012 5:47 PM
Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek reportedly had a mild heart attack Saturday afternoon, and he was recovering Sunday from the incident of cardiac arrest at a hospital in Los Angeles.
- Japan?s Economy Losing Momentum Amid Global, Domestic Pressures
June 23 2012 3:30 AM
Japan's economy appears to be weakening in the April-June quarter as business conditions deteriorate and exports flatten off, suggesting that the recovery may have lost momentum.
- New 'Super Smash Bros.' For Wii U Developed By 'Tekken' Creators: Why Nintendo Should Stick To Its Guns
June 22 2012 12:25 PM
At Nintendo Direct 2012, the company revealed the first information on its upcoming 'Super Smash Bros.' title coming to Wii U and 3DS. This is one of the most highly-anticipated titles for the Wii U, and the 'Super Smash Bros.' franchise has been a long-running staple of the Nintendo console line.
- Nintendo 3DS XL Price and Release Date Revealed, Will This Make Up For Shortcomings At E3? [SPECS]
June 22 2012 10:06 AM
Just weeks after E3 2012, Nintendo has announced its next release in its family of gaming products. Fans may be awaiting more information on the Wii U console, but the company has just unveiled its Nintendo 3DS XL handheld, a follow-up to the three-dimensional portable gaming device.
- Pre-Market Movers (Harvest Natural, Sony, Morgan Stanley, Banco Santander, Deutsche Bank, Statoil, IHS)
June 22 2012 7:01 AM
Harvest Natural Resources, Sony Corp., Morgan Stanley, Banco Santander, Deutsche Bank, Jack in the Box, Statoil and IHS Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- LL Cool J's MyConnect Allows For Worldwide Musical Collaboration
June 21 2012 12:25 PM
A new technology allows for musicians to create music in real time.
- Wii U Release Date And Price Allegedly Leaked, Cost Rumored To Be $500 But Less Powerful Than Xbox 720 And PS4
June 21 2012 10:42 AM
A listing on the German division of online retailer Amazon has indicated a Dec. 21 release date for Nintendo?s Wii U console. However, this could just be a placeholder for the European launch of the Wii U, according to Game Informer.
- Asian Stocks Up On Stimulus Hopes
June 20 2012 4:14 AM
Asian stock markets advanced Wednesday on expectations that the major central banks around the world would announce further stimulus measures to spur economic growth.
- Floyd Mayweather, Tiger Woods Top Highest Paid Athletes List
June 19 2012 8:30 PM
The list of the top paid athletes of 2011.
- Spotify Goes Mobile, But Profits Remain Elusive
June 19 2012 5:35 PM
Streaming music service Spotify Ltd. launched a mobile radio feature on Tuesday that connects to Apple Inc.'s (Nasdaq: AAPL) ubiquitous iPhones and iPads, encroaching on the turf of online radio provider Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P).
- Xbox Live Vs. PlayStation Network: Which Online Service Gives Players The Most For Their Money?
June 18 2012 11:59 AM
Two of the leading names in the video game industry, Microsoft?s Xbox360 and Sony?s PlayStation 3, both offer Internet-based services to enhance the gaming experience through social and multimedia platforms.
- Will Xbox ?720,? PS4 And Wii U Be The Last Gaming Systems? ?Consoles Are Going Away,? Developer Says
June 15 2012 2:39 PM
The gaming industry may be focused on the future of gaming consoles, but PCs may be the platform to watch. A recent report from New Scientist says that modern PC graphics cards are 24 times more powerful than those found in Xbox 360 consoles.