Articles by Sony
- Asian Stocks Mostly Decline On EU Summit Doubts
June 26 2012 5:21 AM
Asian Stock markets mostly declined Tuesday as market participants continued to doubt the ability of European leaders in tackling the debt crisis at a European summit later this week.
- Asian Stocks Fall After Moody?s Downgrades Spanish Banks
June 26 2012 12:51 AM
Most Asian markets fell Tuesday as investor sentiments continued to be dragged down by concerns over the debt crisis looming over the euro zone.
- Sony's Next Generation Set-Top Box With Google TV Arrives July 22
June 25 2012 8:30 AM
Sony Electronics Inc. announced Monday the availability and pricing of the NSZ-GS7 Internet Player with Google TV, which was originally introduced at CES 2012 in January.
- 'Jeopardy!' Host Alex Trebek Survives Mild Heart Attack
June 24 2012 5:47 PM
Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek reportedly had a mild heart attack Saturday afternoon, and he was recovering Sunday from the incident of cardiac arrest at a hospital in Los Angeles.
- Japan?s Economy Losing Momentum Amid Global, Domestic Pressures
June 23 2012 3:30 AM
Japan's economy appears to be weakening in the April-June quarter as business conditions deteriorate and exports flatten off, suggesting that the recovery may have lost momentum.
- New 'Super Smash Bros.' For Wii U Developed By 'Tekken' Creators: Why Nintendo Should Stick To Its Guns
June 22 2012 12:25 PM
At Nintendo Direct 2012, the company revealed the first information on its upcoming 'Super Smash Bros.' title coming to Wii U and 3DS. This is one of the most highly-anticipated titles for the Wii U, and the 'Super Smash Bros.' franchise has been a long-running staple of the Nintendo console line.
- Nintendo 3DS XL Price and Release Date Revealed, Will This Make Up For Shortcomings At E3? [SPECS]
June 22 2012 10:06 AM
Just weeks after E3 2012, Nintendo has announced its next release in its family of gaming products. Fans may be awaiting more information on the Wii U console, but the company has just unveiled its Nintendo 3DS XL handheld, a follow-up to the three-dimensional portable gaming device.
- Pre-Market Movers (Harvest Natural, Sony, Morgan Stanley, Banco Santander, Deutsche Bank, Statoil, IHS)
June 22 2012 7:01 AM
Harvest Natural Resources, Sony Corp., Morgan Stanley, Banco Santander, Deutsche Bank, Jack in the Box, Statoil and IHS Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- LL Cool J's MyConnect Allows For Worldwide Musical Collaboration
June 21 2012 12:25 PM
A new technology allows for musicians to create music in real time.
- Wii U Release Date And Price Allegedly Leaked, Cost Rumored To Be $500 But Less Powerful Than Xbox 720 And PS4
June 21 2012 10:42 AM
A listing on the German division of online retailer Amazon has indicated a Dec. 21 release date for Nintendo?s Wii U console. However, this could just be a placeholder for the European launch of the Wii U, according to Game Informer.
- Asian Stocks Up On Stimulus Hopes
June 20 2012 4:14 AM
Asian stock markets advanced Wednesday on expectations that the major central banks around the world would announce further stimulus measures to spur economic growth.
- Floyd Mayweather, Tiger Woods Top Highest Paid Athletes List
June 19 2012 8:30 PM
The list of the top paid athletes of 2011.
- Spotify Goes Mobile, But Profits Remain Elusive
June 19 2012 5:35 PM
Streaming music service Spotify Ltd. launched a mobile radio feature on Tuesday that connects to Apple Inc.'s (Nasdaq: AAPL) ubiquitous iPhones and iPads, encroaching on the turf of online radio provider Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P).
- Xbox Live Vs. PlayStation Network: Which Online Service Gives Players The Most For Their Money?
June 18 2012 11:59 AM
Two of the leading names in the video game industry, Microsoft?s Xbox360 and Sony?s PlayStation 3, both offer Internet-based services to enhance the gaming experience through social and multimedia platforms.
- Will Xbox ?720,? PS4 And Wii U Be The Last Gaming Systems? ?Consoles Are Going Away,? Developer Says
June 15 2012 2:39 PM
The gaming industry may be focused on the future of gaming consoles, but PCs may be the platform to watch. A recent report from New Scientist says that modern PC graphics cards are 24 times more powerful than those found in Xbox 360 consoles.
- 2012 US Open: Who Is Michael Thompson?
June 14 2012 4:22 PM
Michael Thompson is an unknown to most golf fans, but the 27-year-old leads the field after one day at the US Open.
- GamesCom 2012 Dates Won?t Include Microsoft, But Who Is Attending?
June 14 2012 2:22 PM
Microsoft has just announced that it will not be attending GamesCom or the Tokyo Game Show this year. However, the German video game trade show doesn?t seem to be shaken by the news, as an organizer says the event is still ?on track? according to MCV.
- Nikkei Falls Amid Spain?s Credit Rating Cut, Weak US Data
June 14 2012 1:30 AM
Japan's Nikkei 225 Stock Average fell Thursday amid report of cut in Spain's credit rating and disappointing data from the U.S.
- Accused LulzSec Hacker Charged in Cyber Attacks
June 13 2012 8:56 PM
An alleged member of the LulzSec hacking group who prosecutors say targeted the Fox and PBS television networks and Sony's film and TV studio has been indicted.
- Asian Markets Fall After US Fed Chief?s Lukewarm Stimulus Promise
June 08 2012 4:30 AM
Asian markets fell Friday as investors were disappointed with U.S. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's lack of a commitment to additional monetary easing measures in his congressional testimony on the country's economic outlook.