- A patent application filed by Sony Computer Entertainment America could interrupt gameplay to display an ad. The player will see a warning message before cutting off gameplay. After the ad is shown, the game will rewind before resuming.
E3 2012 Predictions: Will Nintendo?s Wii U Take The Spotlight? ?Halo 4,? ?Black Ops 2,? And More To Expect [SPECS]The annual Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, developers' conference may be the most exciting time of the year for gaming enthusiasts. With the conference set for June 5-7, it's time to speculate on what's in store for E3 2012.
- James Bond is back and the newly released Skyfall trailer has 007 playing some word association before he gets pissed off.
- Asian stock markets rebounded Monday after suffering heavy losses last week amid ongoing worries over the euro zone crisis.
- Inside Joel Tenenbaum's legal crusade against the recording industry and a $675,000 penalty for file sharing.
?Mass Effect 3? DLC Leaks, Expansion To Open ?Two New Fronts Against The Reapers? With More Weapons, Maps, And Classes?Mass Effect 3? fans are in for a surprise, as a new downloadable content package leaked on Sony Hong Kong?s website. However, this isn?t the ?Extended Cut? DLC expected to clarify the plot?s ending through additional cut scenes and cinematic sequences. The new content will be called ?Rebellion,? and it is a pack that will extend multiplayer gameplay.
- Alleged hacker Jeremy Hammond appeared in court on Tuesday, May 15 to plead not guilty under charges of conspiracy to commit computer hacking among other allegations, but made no bail request, according to AP. Hammond's next court date is July 23.
- The Avengers, the smash hit movie about Marvel superheroes who team up to save the Earth, crushed competitors for a second weekend with a record $103.2 million in U.S. and Canadian ticket sales and was poised to top $1 billion worldwide, studio estimates showed on Sunday.
- Sony Mobile Communication is one of the leading Android smartphone manufacturers to challenge Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X with its latest flagship devices.
- Consumer electronics and entertainment giant Sony Corp reported Thursday a record net loss for the fiscal year ended March but pinned hopes on a restructuring strategy to return to profit this year.
PS Vita ?Crystal White? Release Date Comes This June For Japan, But Will It Make Its Way To The US? [VIDEO]Sony has announced that a white version of the PlayStation Vita will launch in Japan on June 28th. It will sell at the same price as the original black base model and is sold in Wi-Fi only or 3G versions, reported CNet.
- We are living in a world where a smartphone is not just a mobile device used for making calls and sending text messages, rather it's a full-fledged touch-based computer (can come with QWERTY keypad also) that embeds features like operating system, Internet access, third-party apps and user interface and it acts like your small entertainment box, your reminder of important tasks, your calendar and so many more.
- Japanese technology conglomerate Toshiba Corp said Tuesday that its net profit for the three months ending March 31 declined 63 percent from a year earlier on a strong yen and weak global sales of digital products.
- Asian stock markets plunged Monday as weaker-than-expected US employment report and election results from Europe weighed on investor sentiment.
?God Of War 4: Ascension,? Release To Feature Multiplayer, New Info From Former Director Says This Idea Came Years Ago?God of War: Ascension,? set to be the fourth installment and a prequel to the original, was recently revealed at the end of April. The game will take place before protagonist Kratos became the Ghost of Sparta, and the game?s official trailer gives a vague yet enticing glimpse for fans. But one of the most anticipated features to come with the new title, set for a spring 2013 launch, is the integration of multiplayer gameplay.