Articles by Sony
- Sony?s Patent Stops Games To Display Ads: Will In-Game Advertising Come To PlayStation? [REPORT]
May 29 2012 2:11 PM
A patent application filed by Sony Computer Entertainment America could interrupt gameplay to display an ad. The player will see a warning message before cutting off gameplay. After the ad is shown, the game will rewind before resuming.
- Japan's Unemployment Rate Rises To 4.6% In April
May 29 2012 1:34 AM
Japan?s unemployment rate rose in April compared to previous month increasing concerns of the country?s faltering economic growth momentum.
- E3 2012 Predictions: Will Nintendo?s Wii U Take The Spotlight? ?Halo 4,? ?Black Ops 2,? And More To Expect [SPECS]
May 28 2012 7:55 PM
The annual Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, developers' conference may be the most exciting time of the year for gaming enthusiasts. With the conference set for June 5-7, it's time to speculate on what's in store for E3 2012.
- Asian Stock Markets Fall Amid Greek Exit Fears
May 23 2012 3:20 AM
Asian stock markets declined Wednesday as renewed concerns of Greece's probable exit from the euro zone dampened sentiment.
- Watch James Bond In New Official 'Skyfall' Trailer From Sony Pictures [VIDEO]
May 21 2012 10:26 AM
James Bond is back and the newly released Skyfall trailer has 007 playing some word association before he gets pissed off.
- Asian Stocks Rise After China Pledges To Boost Growth
May 21 2012 3:40 AM
Asian stock markets rebounded Monday after suffering heavy losses last week amid ongoing worries over the euro zone crisis.
- Asian Stock Markets Tumble On US, Europe Worries
May 18 2012 1:53 AM
Asian stock markets tumbled on Friday, following an overnight slump on Wall Street as weaker-than-expected U.S. economic data and a deepening euro zone crisis dampened sentiment.
- Illegal File Sharing Case Poses $675,000 Question For Supreme Court
May 17 2012 3:52 PM
Inside Joel Tenenbaum's legal crusade against the recording industry and a $675,000 penalty for file sharing.
- ?Mass Effect 3? DLC Leaks, Expansion To Open ?Two New Fronts Against The Reapers? With More Weapons, Maps, And Classes
May 16 2012 10:59 AM
?Mass Effect 3? fans are in for a surprise, as a new downloadable content package leaked on Sony Hong Kong?s website. However, this isn?t the ?Extended Cut? DLC expected to clarify the plot?s ending through additional cut scenes and cinematic sequences. The new content will be called ?Rebellion,? and it is a pack that will extend multiplayer gameplay.
- Anonymous Hacker Jeremy Hammond Pleads Not Guilty In NYC Hacking Case [REPORT]
May 15 2012 5:48 PM
Alleged hacker Jeremy Hammond appeared in court on Tuesday, May 15 to plead not guilty under charges of conspiracy to commit computer hacking among other allegations, but made no bail request, according to AP. Hammond's next court date is July 23.
- Asian Stocks Gain On China Policy Easing
May 14 2012 2:32 AM
Asian stock markets advanced on Monday after People's Bank of China announced a second cut this year in the reserve ratio to boost economic growth.
- 'Avengers' Rings Up $103 Million In Record Weekend
May 13 2012 3:41 PM
The Avengers, the smash hit movie about Marvel superheroes who team up to save the Earth, crushed competitors for a second weekend with a record $103.2 million in U.S. and Canadian ticket sales and was poised to top $1 billion worldwide, studio estimates showed on Sunday.
- Sony Xperia GX Release: Will You Wait For US Launch Of The Next Xperia Or Buy The HTC One X?
May 12 2012 12:27 PM
Sony Mobile Communication is one of the leading Android smartphone manufacturers to challenge Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X with its latest flagship devices.
- Sony Reports Record Loss, But Forecasts A Return To Profit
May 10 2012 5:35 AM
Consumer electronics and entertainment giant Sony Corp reported Thursday a record net loss for the fiscal year ended March but pinned hopes on a restructuring strategy to return to profit this year.
- PS Vita ?Crystal White? Release Date Comes This June For Japan, But Will It Make Its Way To The US? [VIDEO]
May 08 2012 1:57 PM
Sony has announced that a white version of the PlayStation Vita will launch in Japan on June 28th. It will sell at the same price as the original black base model and is sold in Wi-Fi only or 3G versions, reported CNet.
- Smartphone Evolution: From IBM Simon To Samsung Galaxy S3
May 08 2012 9:54 AM
We are living in a world where a smartphone is not just a mobile device used for making calls and sending text messages, rather it's a full-fledged touch-based computer (can come with QWERTY keypad also) that embeds features like operating system, Internet access, third-party apps and user interface and it acts like your small entertainment box, your reminder of important tasks, your calendar and so many more.
- Toshiba Q4 Net Profit Down 63%; Recovery Expected This Year
May 08 2012 5:26 AM
Japanese technology conglomerate Toshiba Corp said Tuesday that its net profit for the three months ending March 31 declined 63 percent from a year earlier on a strong yen and weak global sales of digital products.
- Asian Markets Slump On Europe Election Results
May 07 2012 7:11 AM
Asian stock markets declined Monday after election results from Greece and France fueled concerns about Europe reviving the debt crisis.
- Asian Stocks Plunge On Europe Elections, US Jobs Data
May 07 2012 3:05 AM
Asian stock markets plunged Monday as weaker-than-expected US employment report and election results from Europe weighed on investor sentiment.
- ?God Of War 4: Ascension,? Release To Feature Multiplayer, New Info From Former Director Says This Idea Came Years Ago
May 04 2012 12:39 PM
?God of War: Ascension,? set to be the fourth installment and a prequel to the original, was recently revealed at the end of April. The game will take place before protagonist Kratos became the Ghost of Sparta, and the game?s official trailer gives a vague yet enticing glimpse for fans. But one of the most anticipated features to come with the new title, set for a spring 2013 launch, is the integration of multiplayer gameplay.