Articles by State Bank of India
- BSE Sensex Rises for Fifth Straight Session
February 06 2012 9:39 AM
The BSE Sensex rose for the fifth straight session on Monday, ending 0.58 percent higher, after last week's robust U.S. jobs data helped improve risk appetite, but the rally in the local market is expected to take a breather soon.
- Fed-up SBI ‘to Name and Shame’ Defaulters
February 05 2012 4:49 AM
The State Bank of India, the country's biggest lender, will name and shame "wilful" defaulters and put their pictures in newspapers to get them to pay up, the Economic Times has reported.
- Kingfisher Airlines Puts Plans to Join Oneworld Alliance on Hold
February 04 2012 3:27 AM
Kingfisher Airlines Ltd has put on hold plans to join the global oneworld alliance, in the latest blow to the financially troubled carrier.
- BSE Sensex Up Percent; Posts Best January Rise in 18 Years
January 31 2012 3:57 PM
The BSE Sensex posted its best January rise since 1994, after gaining about 2 percent on Tuesday, as foreign fund inflows showed signs of a revival and investors bet on a monetary easing.
- BSE Sensex Up by 1 Percent; SBI, Tata Global Jump
January 31 2012 1:49 AM
The BSE Sensex rose more than 1 percent on Tuesday morning, led by gains in index heavyweights Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) and ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS), and were poised for their best month in at least ten.
- Sensex Falls After Six-Session Rally
January 30 2012 5:31 AM
The BSE Sensex snapped a six-session rally early on Monday as some investors booked profits after the main index rose more than 11 percent this month.
- SBI May Return to Overseas Markets
January 28 2012 6:19 AM
State Bank of India, the country's biggest lender, said it could revive international fundraising plans in 3-4 months, in a sign it believed the eurozone crisis might be easing.
- BSE Sensex Inches Higher; RIL, Metals Fall
January 23 2012 8:52 AM
The BSE Sensex rose for a third straight session, inching up 0.08 percent on Monday, helped by financials while a decline in Reliance Industries (RELI.NS), which reported its first quarterly profit fall in two years, capped the index gains.
- BSE Sensex Witnesses Highest Close in 6 Weeks
January 20 2012 8:58 AM
The BSE Sensex rose 0.57 percent on Friday to its highest close in six weeks, as appetite was bolstered by strong results from software services exporter Wipro (WIPR.NS) and the country's No. 3 private lender Axis Bank (AXBK.NS).
- BSE Sensex Continues to Rise; Wipro, ICICI Bank Rally
January 20 2012 1:13 AM
The BSE Sensex climbed on Friday, led by ICICI Bank and software services exporter Wipro, on expectations for improving outlook for the domestic and world economy and rising foreign portfolio investments.
- Indian Schoolteacher Finds He Has Almost $10-Bln in Bank Account
January 18 2012 10:00 AM
The very honest Saha contacted the local State Bank of India office to notify them of their apparent error.
- BSE Sensex Up by 1.3 Percent; Banks and Automakers Lead
January 17 2012 12:23 AM
The BSE Sensex rose 1.3 percent on Tuesday, led by banks and automakers, as investors cheered positive domestic inflation trends and above-forecast GDP growth in China provided a welcome break from the eurozone's continuing woes.
- BSE Sensex Falls; Banks Down, Fertilisers Up
January 16 2012 1:22 AM
The BSE Sensex dropped on Monday, led by banks and energy conglomerate Reliance Industries, after a slew of sovereign rating downgrades in Europe dampened risk appetite globally and doused expectations for foreign fund inflows.
- BSE Sensex Posts Highest Weekly Close in 5 Weeks; Gains 117 Points
January 13 2012 7:00 AM
The BSE Sensex rose to its highest weekly close in five weeks on hopes renewed policy reforms by the government and easing inflation.
- BSE Sensex Closes Little Changed in Cautious and Choppy Trading
January 11 2012 8:07 AM
The BSE Sensex closed little changed in cautious and choppy trading ahead of industrial output data due on Thursday and quarterly results that are expected to show a slowdown in earnings growth.
- Air India in Trouble; Banks May Downgrade Loan to the Carrier
January 11 2012 7:55 AM
Indian lenders may have to downgrade their loans to loss-making state-run Air India after they deferred a long-pending debt restructuring proposal, seeking a revision and making it tougher for the carrier to raise funds, three sources said.
- Sensex Rises in Choppy Trade; Retailers Gain
January 11 2012 3:01 AM
The BSE Sensex rose on Wednesday but trading was choppy with investors cautious ahead of quarterly results that are expected to mostly show slower earnings growth.
- BSE Sensex Rallied 2.2 Percent; Expects RBI to Unwind Tight Monetary Policy
January 10 2012 7:44 AM
The BSE Sensex rallied 2.2 percent on Tuesday to its highest close in a month, on expectations easing inflation pressure will pave the way for the RBI to begin unwinding tight monetary policy this month.
- BSE Sensex Down by 0.8 Percent; Industries, Banks Suffer Most
January 09 2012 1:57 AM
Indian shares fell on Monday on concerns a slowing economy would further dent earnings, which are expected to have been hit in the past quarter due to high interest rates and sluggish consumer spending.
- BSE Sensex Down by 0.12 Percent; Jaiprakash Associates Falls on SEBI Order
January 07 2012 8:25 AM
The BSE Sensex fell 0.12 percent, with financial stocks leading the losses, in choppy trade during a special trading session on Saturday that saw low institutional participation.