- Unearthing treasures has long been an obsession of archaeologists -- and one treasure hunt has led Indian officials to unearth treasures worth $23 billion from underground chambers in the centuries-old Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala.
- Government officials in India have unearthed treasure worth more than $23 billion from secret underground chambers in the centuries-old Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple located in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the South Indian state of Kerala.
- State Bank of India, the country's largest lender, is expected to launch the first tranche of its 100 billion rupees ($2.2 billion) retail bond issue on Monday, according to a term sheet obtained by Reuters and a source with direct knowledge of the matter.
- The chairman of State Bank of India, the country's top lender, said on Wednesday a television channel report about the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) conducting searches at its offices had come as a surprise to him.
- The new year will also herald a new six-digit password for all credit card holders in India known as One-Time Password (OTP).