Articles by State Bank of India
- Kingfisher Airlines Considers Cutting $1.3 Billion Debt, Source
November 14 2011 4:53 AM
The board of cash-strapped Kingfisher Airlines will consider on Monday a proposal to cut its about $1.3 billion debt by more than half.
- BJP against Govt’s Move to Bail out Kingfisher Airlines
November 11 2011 8:47 AM
The Bharatiya Janata Party is opposed to any move by the government to bail out debt-ridden Kingfisher Airlines that cancelled flights to minimize losses.
- BSE Sensex Witnesses Biggest Fall in 7 Weeks
November 11 2011 7:56 AM
The BSE Sensex posted its biggest weekly fall in seven weeks on Friday, as slow domestic industrial output growth and a bleak outlook for financials further dented investors' confidence.
- BSE Sensex Down 1.2 Percent; SBI Falls 6.8 Percent
November 09 2011 7:34 AM
The BSE Sensex fell 1.2 percent on Wednesday, with State Bank of India, the country's top lender, falling the most in nearly six months, after a rise in non-performing assets hit investor confidence.
- BSE Sensex Closes 1.18 Percent Lower
November 09 2011 7:20 AM
Moody's downgrading of its outlook on Indian banking system from 'stable' to 'negative' triggered the BSE Sensex to close 1.18 percent lower.
- Moody's Downgrades India Banking From Stable to Negative
November 09 2011 5:55 AM
Moody's Investor Service on Wednesday downgraded its outlook for India's banking system to negative from stable.
- SBI Q2 Net Profit 12.4 Percent up; Stock Falls
November 09 2011 3:24 AM
State Bank of India, the country's top lender, beat estimates with a 12.4 percent rise in quarterly net profit but a rise in non-performing assets disappointed investors.
- BSE Sensex Closes the Week 1.4 Percent Lower
November 04 2011 10:06 AM
The BSE Sensex added 0.5 percent on Friday despite losing some ground to profit booking, but closed the week 1.4 percent lower roiled mainly by investor risk aversion amid economic uncertainties.
- SBI Says May See Service Disruption On Staff Strike Next Week
November 04 2011 2:18 AM
A bank officers' body has served a notice to State Bank of India for a two-day nationwide strike, which could hit customer service at its branches on Tuesday and Wednesday, the bank said in a notice in the Economic Times newspaper.
- Kingfisher Airlines Sought Cushion from Banks to Ease Debt Burden
November 02 2011 10:36 AM
Kingfisher Airlines on Wednesday sought further cushion from banks to ease its debt burden, but denied it was seeking another debt restructuring.
- SBI Expects 100-125 bps Rise in Savings Bank Fund Costs
October 28 2011 6:55 AM
State Bank of India, the country's biggest lender, expects its average funding cost for savings bank accounts to rise 100-125 basis points.
- Sensex rises 1.9 pct; RIL, Banks Lead
October 24 2011 2:27 AM
The BSE Sensex rose as much as 1.9 percent on Monday, with index heavyweight Reliance Industries and banking stocks leading the gains, as investors grew optimistic about renewed efforts by European leaders to limit the region's debt crisis.
- BSE Sensex Drops 1.5 pct; TCS Leads Losses
October 18 2011 2:51 AM
The BSE Sensex fell more than 1.5 percent on Tuesday, dragged down by IT stocks after Tata Consultancy Services reported lower-than-expected quarterly earnings and said the outlook for pricing was tough.
- Sensex Rises Ahead of Inflation; Reliance Industries Up
October 14 2011 2:08 AM
The BSE Sensex pulled higher on Friday after a sluggish start as investors awaited monthly inflation, which would set the tone for the RBI's monetary stance.
- SBI Overseas Borrowing Costs to Rise 1-2 bps after Downgrade
October 05 2011 3:15 AM
State Bank Of India does not expect overseas borrowing costs to rise significantly but sees medium-term note borrowing costs rising 1-2 basis points, its chairman said on Wednesday, a day after Moody's cut its rating and sent its shares skidding.
- Kingfisher Air to Exit Low-Cost Business
September 29 2011 1:19 AM
Debt-strapped Kingfisher Airlines plans to exit its low-cost business in the next four months and focus on the premium model, Chairman Vijay Mallya said, breaking with rival carriers which are mostly betting on the budget space.
- Kingfisher Needs to Infuse Funds to Continue Operations-Auditor
September 15 2011 2:53 AM
Kingfisher Airlines Ltd., controlled by liquor baron Vijay Mallya, needs to infuse required funds to continue as a going concern, its auditor has said, raising concerns about the future of the loss-making carrier.
- BSE Sensex rises on global cues; SBI, Coal India jump
August 16 2011 2:37 AM
The BSE Sensex rose 0.73 percent on Tuesday, mirroring global market gains, after a takeover news lifted Wall Street overnight and as the Japanese economy shrank much less than expected.
- Unearthing Treasures: One Vault Remains to be Opened at Indian Temple
July 05 2011 5:32 AM
Unearthing treasures has long been an obsession of archaeologists -- and one treasure hunt has led Indian officials to unearth treasures worth $23 billion from underground chambers in the centuries-old Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala.
- A Path to Unearth Treasures - $23 Billion Discovered at Indian Temple
July 04 2011 8:56 AM
Government officials in India have unearthed treasure worth more than $23 billion from secret underground chambers in the centuries-old Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple located in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the South Indian state of Kerala.