- Obama surrogate and Newark mayor Cory Booker quickly backtracked his Meet the Press comments after calling an Obama campaign ad that attacks Mitt Romney's record at Bain Capital nauseating -- but, this being Cory Booker, the oft-occurring political tango unfolded on social media.
- Desmond Hatchett is hoping state officials from Tennessee will show him leniency because he cannot pay his child support for his 30 children with 11 different women.
- Brooklyn Decker has managed to successfully transition from swimsuit model into big-screen actress. The 25-year-old wife of tennis pro Andy Roddick is not just a pretty face. She has shown her comedic abilities (and killer bod) in movies like Just Go With It and TV shows like Royal Pains and Ugly Betty.
- Did your city make the list?
- The Obama administration forged ahead with healthcare reforms on Wednesday, announcing a November 16 deadline for state governments to submit proposals showing how they intend to operate health insurance exchanges in 2014.
- Tommie Frazier, the former University of Nebraska quarterback who guided the Cornhuskers to two consecutive national championships in 1994 and 1995, was snubbed from entering the College Football Hall of Fame, sending Twitter in a tizzy over the shocking omission.
- In the aftermath of the recovery of Alexandria Bain and Kyliyah Bain, authorities are now releasing information about the details that led them to the girls and their kidnapper, Adam Mayes. In a press conference held by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, Master Sgt. Steve Crawford explains how days of searching for the Bain sisters and Adam Mayes, who killed their mother and sister, led them to a red-brick church perched on a hill.
- Fitch Ratings on Friday downgraded JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), which just revealed at least $2 billion in losses on questionable trading. The downgrade came on the same day that a U.S. senator called for a Congressional probe of the giant bank and the head of the Securities and Exchange Commission confirmed that her agents are eyeing the money center's hedging activity.
- Authorities are investigating how kidnapping suspect Adam Mayes managed to elude them for two weeks and whether he had help doing so.
Adam Mayes, The Man Who Kidnapped And Murdered Missing Bain Family, Found Shot In The Head, Alexandria And Kyliyah Witnessed SuicideA tip from a concerned citizen led the authorities to where the fugitive, Adam Mayes, shot and killed himself as his kidnapped victims, who have been held captive since April 27, watched.
- Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives added amendments to a Justice Department funding bill that would restrict taxpayer money from litigation involving voter ID laws, the health care law and other politically-divisive issues.
- Authorities have still not caught up with Adam Mayes, the Mississippi man accused of killing Tennessee woman Jo Ann Bain and her oldest daughter, while kidnapping her two youngest girls. A relative has now informed authorities that Mayes believes the two young Bain girls are his daughters.
Adam Mayes Becomes Top Ten Most Wanted Fugitive: Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder, Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain Still MissingAdam Mayes, the man suspected of kidnapping Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters, and then killing two of them, has been placed on top of FBI?s list of Top Ten Most Wanted Fugitives. He has been on the run for about two weeks and is considered armed and dangerous, still holding hostage Alexandra Bain, 12, and Kyliyah Bain, 8.
- Here are the complete betting odds for Week 1 of the 2012 NFL Season.
- Keith Judd, a.k.a. Inmate No. 11593-051, is currently serving a 17-year sentence at the Beaumont Federal Correctional Institution in Texas. He also won 41 percent of the votes in West Virginia's presidential primary on Tuesday, compared to 59 percent of the vote won by President Barack Obama.
Bain Family Missing: Bodies Of Jo Ann And Andrienne Bain Found Dead As Teresa Mayes Mayes And Mary Mayes ChargedPolice have arrested the wife and mother of Adam Mayes, who is the chief suspect in the killing of a Tennessee woman and her oldest daughter and kidnapping the woman's other daughters, said police officials on Tuesday.
- Diamond Pet Foods is expanding a voluntary recall of nine brands of dry pet food made between Dec. 9, 2001 and April 7 due to potential salmonella contamination, this Missouri-based company announced.
- Some interesting things to know about the 55-year-old prospective cheerleader.
- It's been officially confirmed that the two bodies found on Sunday belong to 31-year-old Jo Ann Bain and her 14-year-old daughter Adrienne.