- White-Nose Syndrome: 'Devastating' Disease Discovered In Endangered Tennessee Bats
May 30 2012 9:51 AM
White-nose syndrome, a disease that has killed millions of hibernating bats in the United States, has been detected for the first time in endangered gray bats in Tennessee, a finding that government scientists on Tuesday described as devastating.
- John Wolfe, The Lawyer Who Took 42% of Votes From Obama in Arkansas, Takes Campaign to Texas
May 29 2012 1:39 PM
The Tennessee lawyer who took 42 percent of the vote away from President Barack Obama in the Arkansas Democratic primary is back, hoping to pick up momentum in Texas on Tuesday.
- Elvis Presley's Crypt To Be Auctioned Off In June
May 28 2012 6:10 PM
If one lucky individual can afford to pay the price, then he or she can buy the original resting place of Elvis Presley, aka the King of Rock and Roll.
- Arkansas & Kentucky Primary Results Prove Embarrassing for Obama
May 23 2012 11:20 AM
About four in 10 voters choose not to vote for the president in the Democratic primary.
- Coal Issue Catches Fire In Presidential Campaign
May 22 2012 2:40 PM
The Obama administration is increasingly under fire this month for its policy on the nation's coal sector.
- McDonald's Vandalized by Dissatisfied Cheeseburger Customers
May 21 2012 11:15 AM
Extra onions and ketchup in two McDonald's cheeseburgers resulted in two angry men heavily vandalizing a Tennessee branch of the restaurant.
- Cory Booker Backtracks On Obama/Bain Criticism In His Own Style -- On Social Media
May 21 2012 9:11 AM
Obama surrogate and Newark mayor Cory Booker quickly backtracked his Meet the Press comments after calling an Obama campaign ad that attacks Mitt Romney's record at Bain Capital nauseating -- but, this being Cory Booker, the oft-occurring political tango unfolded on social media.
- Desmond Hatchett Of Tennessee Has 30 Children With 11 Different Women
May 18 2012 4:01 PM
Desmond Hatchett is hoping state officials from Tennessee will show him leniency because he cannot pay his child support for his 30 children with 11 different women.
- Brooklyn Decker?s Hottest Red Carpet Looks [PHOTOS]
May 18 2012 12:13 PM
Brooklyn Decker has managed to successfully transition from swimsuit model into big-screen actress. The 25-year-old wife of tennis pro Andy Roddick is not just a pretty face. She has shown her comedic abilities (and killer bod) in movies like Just Go With It and TV shows like Royal Pains and Ugly Betty.
- Best-Read Cities In America? Seattle, Miami Make The List, But Not New York, Says Amazon
May 17 2012 6:25 PM
Did your city make the list?
- Obama Administration Sets Deadline For Proposals On State Healthcare Exchanges
May 17 2012 9:40 AM
The Obama administration forged ahead with healthcare reforms on Wednesday, announcing a November 16 deadline for state governments to submit proposals showing how they intend to operate health insurance exchanges in 2014.
- Twitter Fumes After Tommie Frazier Snubbed From College Football Hall Of Fame
May 15 2012 1:27 PM
Tommie Frazier, the former University of Nebraska quarterback who guided the Cornhuskers to two consecutive national championships in 1994 and 1995, was snubbed from entering the College Football Hall of Fame, sending Twitter in a tizzy over the shocking omission.
- What Happened To Alexandria Bain and Kyliyah Bain? Details Of The Heroic Rescue [VIDEO]
May 12 2012 5:25 PM
In the aftermath of the recovery of Alexandria Bain and Kyliyah Bain, authorities are now releasing information about the details that led them to the girls and their kidnapper, Adam Mayes. In a press conference held by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, Master Sgt. Steve Crawford explains how days of searching for the Bain sisters and Adam Mayes, who killed their mother and sister, led them to a red-brick church perched on a hill.
- Politicians, SEC, Fitch Draw Bead On JPMorgan
May 11 2012 4:58 PM
Fitch Ratings on Friday downgraded JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), which just revealed at least $2 billion in losses on questionable trading. The downgrade came on the same day that a U.S. senator called for a Congressional probe of the giant bank and the head of the Securities and Exchange Commission confirmed that her agents are eyeing the money center's hedging activity.
- Adam Mayes Dead: Authorities Investigating Whether He Had Help Eluding Them
May 11 2012 1:35 PM
Authorities are investigating how kidnapping suspect Adam Mayes managed to elude them for two weeks and whether he had help doing so.
- Adam Mayes, The Man Who Kidnapped And Murdered Missing Bain Family, Found Shot In The Head, Alexandria And Kyliyah Witnessed Suicide
May 11 2012 1:18 PM
A tip from a concerned citizen led the authorities to where the fugitive, Adam Mayes, shot and killed himself as his kidnapped victims, who have been held captive since April 27, watched.
- Kidnapped Sisters Found Safe; Suspect Dead
May 10 2012 9:32 PM
Adam Mayes, the Mississippi man accused of killing a Tennessee mother and daughter, is dead, and the two other missing daughters were found safe, authorites said Thursday night.
- House Republicans Attempt To Hamstring Eric Holder's Justice Department
May 10 2012 5:14 PM
Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives added amendments to a Justice Department funding bill that would restrict taxpayer money from litigation involving voter ID laws, the health care law and other politically-divisive issues.
- Adam Mayes Thinks He Is The Father Of The Missing Bain Daughters, Relative Claims
May 10 2012 9:13 AM
Authorities have still not caught up with Adam Mayes, the Mississippi man accused of killing Tennessee woman Jo Ann Bain and her oldest daughter, while kidnapping her two youngest girls. A relative has now informed authorities that Mayes believes the two young Bain girls are his daughters.
- Adam Mayes Becomes Top Ten Most Wanted Fugitive: Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder, Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain Still Missing
May 09 2012 4:09 PM
Adam Mayes, the man suspected of kidnapping Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters, and then killing two of them, has been placed on top of FBI?s list of Top Ten Most Wanted Fugitives. He has been on the run for about two weeks and is considered armed and dangerous, still holding hostage Alexandra Bain, 12, and Kyliyah Bain, 8.