- Alcoa Cuts Alumina Capacity; 1Q Report Due Tuesday
April 06 2012 10:57 AM
Alcoa Inc., the U.S. aluminum giant, said Thursday it will reduce its annual total alumina production capacity by 2 percent this year, aimed at matching output with its plans to reduce smelter capacity amid global oversupply that has hurt prices.
- NFL Preseason 2012 Schedule: Nationally Televised Games Released
April 04 2012 4:06 PM
The NFL has released its preseason schedule for those games that will be nationally televised in 2012.
- RMS Titanic Anniversary Events Planned On Both Sides of the Atlantic
April 04 2012 3:53 PM
Be assured that if a town near you had anything at all to do with the RMS Titanic, its passengers, or its crew, it will celebrate the 100th anniversary this April in a big way.
- Ashley Judd To Be 2012 Democratic Convention Delegate: 10 Other Politically Active Celebrities [PHOTOS]
April 04 2012 1:59 PM
Actress Ashley Judd was picked as a delegate to the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., this summer, bringing some star power to the political event.
- Nissan's Carlos Ghosn Betting Big On Electric Car
April 04 2012 9:28 AM
Nissan Motor Co.'s CEO Carlos Ghosn didn't kill the electric car. He's the man determined to make the electric car a new cultural and transportation revolution.
- Verizon To Offer Integrated Wireless Video Service
March 30 2012 7:52 AM
Verizon Communications Inc, the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest and most reliable 3G network provider, is now aiming to offer an integrated video service for its wireless customers, reports the Wall Street Journal. The company has also announced to expand its Long Term Evolution (LTE) network to more than 25 towns in Middle Tennessee outside of Nashville within next few weeks.
- NFL Draft Order 2012 Released: Jets Get 10 Picks, Giants Get Eight
March 27 2012 1:52 PM
The NFL released the order of picks for the 2012 NFL Draft, which is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated in recent history.
- R.A. Dickey Memoir: Mets Pitcher Details Childhood Sexual Abuse, Adultery
March 27 2012 10:51 AM
New York Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey encountered sexual abuse and suicidal thoughts in the past, but was admittedly afraid to tell anyone of those for many years. On Thursday, readers will get a chance to learn exactly what Dickey went through in his newest memoir.
- Opana: Prescription Painkiller New Scourge of Rural America
March 27 2012 9:50 AM
Opana is the hot new prescription drug of abuse, sometimes with tragic consequences. Back in high school in Houston, Texas, C.J. Coomer got good grades and played football. He was dark-haired and handsome, popular with his friends and doted on by his family.
- VW Hiring 800 More At Tenn. Plant; UAW Aims To Organize Plant's Workers
March 23 2012 10:56 AM
Volkswagen AG said Thursday it will create 800 more jobs at its only U.S. plant to ramp up production of the Passat sedan. Meanwhile, the United Auto Workers has launched a drive to unionize workers at the plant.
- Brittney Griner: Watch One-Handed Dunk Against Florida in 2012 NCAA Women's Tournament Plus 5 Other Amazing Slams From Baylor Center [VIDEOS]
March 22 2012 10:05 AM
Brittney Griner, center for the Baylor University Lady Bears, can dominate a basketball game and has a rare ability for players in the women's game being 6-foot-8: dunking.
- VCU's Shaka Smart Turns Down Illinois Job
March 21 2012 2:14 PM
Shaka Smart has turned down the Illinois job offer.
- Madden 13 Cover Vote: Full List of NFL Players Up for Madden Cover Spot
March 21 2012 11:30 AM
Electronic Arts and ESPN announced on Wednesday the 32 players selected by fans that will be entered in the EA Sports Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote contest to choose the player featured on the game cover.
- How NFL Athletes Use Social Media To Build Their Brand, Land Endorsement Deals
March 21 2012 11:26 AM
Perhaps more than any other professional athlete, NFL athletes have a lot to gain from effectively using social media.
- Leading Tea Party Group FreedomWorks Backs Romney
March 21 2012 11:11 AM
In a sign that conservatives are coalescing behind Mitt Romney, the prominent Tea Party group FreedomWorks has dropped its opposition to the former Massachusetts governor.
- Peyton Manning Press Conference: Live Stream Online, Start Time
March 20 2012 12:16 PM
Where to watch the Peyton Manning press conference
- Tennessee Abortion Bill Would Publish Names Of Doctors, Demographic Information Of Women
March 19 2012 1:02 PM
Opponents say the bill, up for consideration in the state House of Representatives on Wednesday, could make it possible for women who undergo abortions to be unintentially identified if their detailed demographic information is open to the public.
- Peyton Manning to the Broncos; Team Will Trade Tim Tebow
March 19 2012 11:58 AM
Peyton Manning is headed to the Broncos.
- Alex Smith Visits Dolphins, Prefers 49ers If They Don't Sign Peyton Manning: Report
March 19 2012 10:14 AM
Free agent quarterback Alex Smith, who guided the San Francisco 49ers to the NFC Championship Game last year, visited the Miami Dolphins yesterday amid news that his old team is interested in Peyton Manning.
- Leukemia Claims Fewer Kids' Lives
March 19 2012 8:43 AM
Kids with one type of leukemia are living longer than they used to, most likely thanks to new drug combinations that mean fewer patients are relapsing after a first round of treatment.