Articles by Twitter
- Univ. Of Texas Bomb Threat Reported, Man Claiming To Be Al-Qaeda Says There 'Bombs All Over Campus'
September 14 2012 11:39 AM
The University of Texas has issued an alert on its Twitter ordering an evacuation "due to threats on campus."
- Twitter Death Hoaxes Of 2012: Morgan Freeman, Bill Cosby, Paris Hilton, Adam Sandler And Others Claimed This Year
September 14 2012 11:29 AM
Though it's been around for years, the celebrity death hoax phenomenon has yet to end.
- QE3 is the main price driver
September 14 2012 10:05 AM
Although Wednesday's inventory report was the main event for the oil market yesterday with prices trading around this report the main event for the global risk asset markets today was the US Fed announcement that they are embarking on another round of quantitative easing... QE3. The US Fed announced a $40 billion per month mortgage back securities buying program that is likely to last for as much as a year. The Fed will re-evaluate the situation in three or four months. This new program is in...
- Muslim Brotherhood, U.S. State Dept. In Tit-For-Tat Tweet Row
September 14 2012 9:27 AM
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo got snarky on the Muslim Brotherhood after the Egyptian political party tweeted a condolence message.
- Euro Propped Up By EU Chatter, Greece Continues To Seek More Time
September 14 2012 9:17 AM
The Euro rallied to a fresh monthly high of 1.3120 as finance ministers across the monetary union talked down speculation for a Spanish bailout, while European Central Bank President Mario Draghi saw a case 'to be optimistic' as the new bond-purchasing program offers a 'fully effective backstop mechanism that is meant to remove the tail risk for the euro area.'
- EURUSD Through 13100-13145 is a HUGE Level
September 14 2012 9:15 AM
I just want to share a few charts as I work on the weekly. The EURUSD ripped through 13100 this morning after taking out the May gap (13080) with ease. I'm expecting a reaction at 13145 (not sure if we reach it today or not), which is defined by the October 2011 low, 50% retracement of the decline from the October 2011 high and 38.2% retracement of the decline from the April 2011 high.
- Topless Kate Middleton Photos Have British Royals Fuming, Memes Follow After Naked Prince Harry Debacle [PHOTOS]
September 14 2012 8:40 AM
The British Royal family may have another nude photo scandal on their hands. A french tabloid, Closer, published a five-page spread of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless with her husband, Prince William.
- Nick Lachey Baby Drama, Kristin Cavallari Denies Anger Over Name [POLL]
September 14 2012 7:53 AM
Nick Lachey and wife Vanessa Minnillo welcomed an addition into their family on Wednesday. The TV stars became parents to Camden John Lachey...and opened up a new can of worms with a former reality star.
- London Session: Bernanke brings all the booze to the party
September 14 2012 7:16 AM
Markets like what they heard from Fed Governor Ben Bernanke yesterday and the extension in the risk rally has gathered speed this morning. After a slight pullback where we saw the dollar stabilise earlier, it is once again coming under pressure. However, the dollar index is down nearly 6% since the end of July and it is starting to look extremely oversold so be aware of a sharper pullback in the near term. This would not mean that the rally is over, merely that the market has over extended itsel...
- EURUSD: Trading the U.S. Consumer Price Report
September 14 2012 5:23 AM
Consumer prices in the U.S. are projected to increase 1.7% in August following the 1.4% expansion the month prior, and the faster rate of price growth may prop up the dollar as it dampens the Fed scope to embark on additional monetary easing. Although the Fed announced another asset purchase program and extends its interest rate pledge out to 2015, the central bank raised the lower end of its inflation forecast for 2012-2015, and a marked rebound in consumer prices may encourage the FOMC to soft...
- New York Bans Sugary Drinks At Restaurants, Movie, Broadway Theaters
September 14 2012 4:11 AM
In a move aimed at curbing obesity, New York City has banned the sale of sugary drinks and supersized sodas in establishments that come with food-service license.
- Kris Jenner ‘Furious’ 'Today' Aired Interview On 9/11 Instead Of Moment Of Silence; ‘Kardashian’ Star Takes No Blame [VIDEO]
September 13 2012 10:39 PM
The nation was outraged when NBC's "Today" show chose to air a live interview with Kardashian clan matriarch Kris Jenner Tuesday morning as other networks observed a moment of silence in memory of 9/11. Now the reality star is absolving herself of all blame and is reportedly "furious" at NBC.
- Jillian Jensen's 'X Factor' Performance Makes Simon Cowell Cry [VIDEO]
September 13 2012 9:39 PM
Jillian Jensen preformed on Wednesday night's premiere of "The X Factor" and choked up hard-knock judge Simon Cowell for the first time in his career. The music tycoon even admitted to crying and being speechless at the end of the show when he was talking to the other judges.
- International Positive Thinking Day: Origins And Motivational Speakers From Stuart Smalley To Kris Jenner
September 13 2012 6:25 PM
Today, Sept. 13, is International Positive Thinking Day. International Positive Thinking Day is the brainchild of Dr. Kirsten Harrell, a psychologist and life coach who says on her website that she discovered the effectiveness of positive thinking while dealing with chronic pain.
- DALLAS COWBOYS NEWS: Jason Witten Feels Stronger, Ryan Cook to Start at Center, Cowboys Sell ‘Jerry Wipes’, Thursday’s Practice
September 13 2012 4:39 PM
Several players were held out of Thursday's practice.
- ‘Griffining’ Pictures: Robert Griffin III’s Celebration the New ‘Tebowing?’ [PHOTOS]
September 13 2012 3:40 PM
“Griffining” is the newest craze NFL. Is Robert Griffin III’s celebration more popular than “Tebowing?”
- Jerry Lawler Update: Reportedly Conscious After He Collapsed On 'RAW' From A Heart Attack
September 13 2012 2:58 PM
Jerry Lawler collapsed at ringside during Monday's "RAW" live broadcast. His status has been updated, and he is in contact with friends and loved ones.
- Dustin Pedroia Leaves Red Sox Stranded As Wife Goes Into Labor During Game Versus Yankees [VIDEO]
September 13 2012 2:45 PM
Dustin Pedroia stormed off the field at Fenway Park during Wednesday night's game against the New York Yankees after he was informed that his wife had gone into labor.
- New Christina Aguilera Cover Art For 'Your Body' Single: Weight Loss Or Great Photoshop? [SLIDESHOW]
September 13 2012 2:28 PM
Christina Aguilera has had no problem showing off her curves this season on the hit talent competition "he Voice," and her assets are once again on full display on her latest cover art of her upcoming album
- Fundamental Update: Initial thoughts on the FOMC decision
September 13 2012 2:20 PM
Financial markets can't seem to decide if this evening's Fed announcement is good or bad news for financial markets. Here is what the Fed has decided to do: 1, QE3: this will entail purchases of $40 billion of mortgage-backed securities each month - these purchases are unlimited and will depend on future labour market data. 2, The pledge to keep interest rates at 0-0.25% has been extended to 2015. 3, There will be more Operation Twist, focusing on extending the banks' ownership of long-...