- The US Dollar is taking a beating this morning. USD weakness since Friday has been extraordinary....certainly an interesting market to return to after being away for over 2 weeks! The EURUSD and AUDUSD in particular are nearing interesting levels. The EURUSD has slightly exceeded the 5/21 high (12824) and near term levels of interest are now the 5/15 high at 12868 and the 5/11 low at 12904. The AUDUSD is nearing the trendline that extends off of the August highs, 7/19 high and 8/15 low (10444/55...
With The Release Of Borderlands 2 Next Week, Here's Everything You Need To Know About Gearbox's Latest [TRAILER]Gearbox Software’s latest, “Borderlands 2,” is out next week, and millions of gamers are set to go looking for loot, find themselves in frantic gunfights and listen to the awful wub-wub of dubstep.
- Floyd Mayweather won a $100,000 bet on the Chargers win against the Raiders. He also bet on the Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons this past weekend.
- The Sept. 10 episode of Monday Night RAW tragically saw Jerry Lawler collapse while giving commentary at ringside. The show's storyline included Bret Hart's return to the scene of the Montreal Screwjob, heightening tension between John Cena and CM Punk before the two face at Night of Champions, and the new tag team of Daniel Bryan and Kane.
- The release date and price for Nintendo’s next-generation Wii U are expected to be unveiled this Thursday at a press event in New York. Nintendo has confirmed that the European launch details for the Wii U will also be announced on that day.
- The Euro rallied to an overnight high of 1.2817 as Germany's Constitutional Court reassured that it will rule on the European Stability Mechanism on September 12, while Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble warned of the slowing recovery in Europe's largest economy as the debt crisis continued to dampen the outlook for the region. In turn, Germany's Economy Ministry endorsed the European Central Bank's bond-buying program as the non-standard measure is expected to boost short-term liqu...
- This week is setting up much like last week in that stimulus or quantitative easing is by far the main item of focus by both traders and investors. The US Fed FOMC meeting is Wednesday and Thursday of this week with many participants expecting the Fed to act now to try to jump start the economy and try to put some life into the faltering jobs market as both are part of their mandate. The market became slightly more convinced that the Fed would act this week after Friday's weak nonfarm payroll...
- WWE announcer Jerry Lawler collapsed due to a heart attack during the RAW live broadcast Monday night. Though his condition was reported to be stable, the situation is "very serious."
- GoDaddy.com, the popular website that hosts millions of domains for businesses, said it had restored most service Tuesday. On Monday, it was subject to cyberattack by someone claiming to be a member of the Anonymous hacker group.
- This is the second day of very tight ranges that we have seen in FX markets. Yesterday's action could be put down to the markets taking a breather after Thursday and Friday's rally from last week, however today's price action could be put down to nervousness ahead of major event risks due this week.
- China has more Internet users than any other country in the world has inhabitants. Is that mass of people going to push for greater freedom? Not with government controls as stringent as they are now.
Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler Collapses During WWE RAW; Girlfriend Updates Health Status, Says He Suffered Heart Attack [VIDEO]Longtime wrestler and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) announcer Jerry "The King" Lawler was taken to a Montreal hospital after he collapsed at ringside while commenting during a live RAW telecast Monday evening.
- The Internet's wave of celebrity death hoaxes rolls on, with Morgan Freeman, a frequent target, again attacked by the grave trend.
- After Mario Draghi announced the European Central Bank's new bond buying program, I was the first guest on CNBC Asia's Squawk Box to weigh in on this decision. I reiterated my stance that the endgame for Europe would be to print money, which will eventually lead to currency wars. These actions are positive for gold and also for increased economic activity.
- Tony Danza is not dead, he's just the latest celebrity "victim" of an Internet death hoax.
- Customer sites operated by private GoDaddy.com reported major computer problems Monday due to an apparent cyberattck by Anonymous. Last winter, Intyernet activists attacked GoDaddy.com for its support of the Stop Online Privacy Act.
- Last week, rapper Nicki Minaj made headlines for her lyrics in a song titled "Mercy," a remake of rapper Kanye West's song of the same name
- As of Monday afternoon, all sites being hosted by Internet domain registrar GoDaddy were down. The company confirmed the issue on Monday afternoon and is working to resolve the problem.
- A dozen British scientists, engineers and researchers will drill down in December to a buried Antarctic lake 2 miles under an ancient ice sheet, gathering water and sediment samples in the hopes of discovering clues about the Earth's climate history and possibly new life forms.
- Police are searching for a suspect they believed shot and killed a woman at the Cameron Village development in Raleigh, N.C., which caused 14 area schools to be go into lockdown.