- The release date and price for Nintendo’s next-generation Wii U are expected to be unveiled this Thursday at a press event in New York. Nintendo has confirmed that the European launch details for the Wii U will also be announced on that day.
- WWE announcer Jerry Lawler collapsed due to a heart attack during the RAW live broadcast Monday night. Though his condition was reported to be stable, the situation is "very serious."
- GoDaddy.com, the popular website that hosts millions of domains for businesses, said it had restored most service Tuesday. On Monday, it was subject to cyberattack by someone claiming to be a member of the Anonymous hacker group.
- China has more Internet users than any other country in the world has inhabitants. Is that mass of people going to push for greater freedom? Not with government controls as stringent as they are now.
Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler Collapses During WWE RAW; Girlfriend Updates Health Status, Says He Suffered Heart Attack [VIDEO]Longtime wrestler and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) announcer Jerry "The King" Lawler was taken to a Montreal hospital after he collapsed at ringside while commenting during a live RAW telecast Monday evening.
- The Internet's wave of celebrity death hoaxes rolls on, with Morgan Freeman, a frequent target, again attacked by the grave trend.
- Tony Danza is not dead, he's just the latest celebrity "victim" of an Internet death hoax.
- Customer sites operated by private GoDaddy.com reported major computer problems Monday due to an apparent cyberattck by Anonymous. Last winter, Intyernet activists attacked GoDaddy.com for its support of the Stop Online Privacy Act.
- Last week, rapper Nicki Minaj made headlines for her lyrics in a song titled "Mercy," a remake of rapper Kanye West's song of the same name
- As of Monday afternoon, all sites being hosted by Internet domain registrar GoDaddy were down. The company confirmed the issue on Monday afternoon and is working to resolve the problem.
- A dozen British scientists, engineers and researchers will drill down in December to a buried Antarctic lake 2 miles under an ancient ice sheet, gathering water and sediment samples in the hopes of discovering clues about the Earth's climate history and possibly new life forms.
- Police are searching for a suspect they believed shot and killed a woman at the Cameron Village development in Raleigh, N.C., which caused 14 area schools to be go into lockdown.
- Over the weekend Rihanna added the most elaborate tattoo yet to her collection-a tattoo of a Goddess, tattooed around her ribcage
- Rumors have been circulating that singer LeAnn Rimes may be on the opposite end of the cheating spectra. Reports are surfacing that while Rimes is taking some time in rehab to deal with anxiety and stress issues, her husband Eddie Cibrian has turned to another woman -- his ex-wife, Brandi Glanville.
Is Tom Kenny, Voice Of SpongeBob SquarePants, Dead? No. The Voice Actor Is The Latest Victim Of A Death HoaxRelax, your childhood memories are safe: Tom Kenny, the actor who voices SpongeBob Squarepants in the eponymous television series, is not dead after all. He's simply the latest celebrity to fall victim to the ridiculous Twitter death-hoax machine.
- Reality television just keeps getting classier and classier. Just when "Jersey Shore" and "Real Housewives of New Jersey" make it seem like the art form was at the absolute bottom -- or top, depending on one's opinion -- Demi Lovato of "The X Factor" spit into fellow judge Simon Cowell's hand.
- NY1 turns 20 this week and the unexpectedly successful New York news channel's star anchor Pat Kiernan is restless, ready to move on to bigger venues. Still, he says, he knows how lucky he's been: "I have landed in absolutely the best spot as far as the changing economics and patterns of the news business."
- From Charlie Sheen's public unraveling to Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment, the most recognizable pop-culture trends in recent years have come from the real-life folly of the public sphere. That's a far shift, media experts say, from the days when a one-size-fits-all monoculture was produced on Hollywood sound stages and back lots.
- New York was struck by two tornadoes on Saturday, with the first twister primarily hitting Queens and the second primarily hitting Brooklyn. Check out some of the most shocking photos and videos of the tornado.
Alfonso Ribeiro Dead? False Rumors Say The Actor Best Known For Playing Carlton Banks On 'Fresh Prince' DiedAlfonso Ribeiro is not dead, as the actor best known for playing Carlton Banks on the hit television show "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" reassured his fans via Twitter Saturday. Ribeiro is just the latest actor said to be dead in what is beginning to seem like an unending number of celebrity death hoaxes that gain traction online through social media.