- Eurozone event risk has been front and centre today. Firstly Germany’s top court gave the green light to a longer-term bailout fund for the currency bloc; there was also a State of the Union address by the EU Commission President. By far the most important event for the markets was the German court ruling. But what does it actually mean for risky assets?
NBC Interviews Kris Jenner On 'Today' About Her Breast Implants As Other Networks Observe Sept. 11 Moment Of SilenceTelevision network NBC has drawn negative criticism after skipping a moment of silence at 8:48am to honor the victims of September 11th
- Apple big announcement, where the company is expected to reveal the iPhone 5 and some other surprises, is finally coming on Wednesday. Alongside the announcement of its next-generation smartphone, a possible iPad Mini and a refreshed line of iPod devices, Apple could unveil the release date for iOS 6, its updated operating system.
- Once indefensible, industry trades have seen their influence diminish in recent years. Trade magazines such as Variety, the Hollywood Reporter, Backstage and Advertising Age have all tried different ways to cope with a migration of readers from print to the Web.
- Earlier this week, O.J. Simpson dropped a bombshell when The National Enquirer reported that he had changed the terms of his will to include Khloe Kardashian, the daughter of late attorney Robert Kardashian, whom the former NFL star allegedly believes is his biological daughter. But the Kardashian family, who has fought off rumors about Khloe's parentage for years, won't budge, calling the claims "fabricated."
- We don't know the exact features that Apple has packed into the iPhone 5, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what Apple CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage tomorrow. Over the past year, we've been watching reports, rumors, and the U.S. patent department, keeping a keen eye out for possible software features Apple could introduce in its next iPhone.
- Gaffe-prone Vice President Joe Biden offended many Twitter users while describing Sept. 11 as "bittersweet" during a ceremony Tuesday for those who lost their lives on United Flight 93, which crashed in a Pennsylvania field.
- The US Dollar is taking a beating this morning. USD weakness since Friday has been extraordinary....certainly an interesting market to return to after being away for over 2 weeks! The EURUSD and AUDUSD in particular are nearing interesting levels. The EURUSD has slightly exceeded the 5/21 high (12824) and near term levels of interest are now the 5/15 high at 12868 and the 5/11 low at 12904. The AUDUSD is nearing the trendline that extends off of the August highs, 7/19 high and 8/15 low (10444/55...
With The Release Of Borderlands 2 Next Week, Here's Everything You Need To Know About Gearbox's Latest [TRAILER]Gearbox Software’s latest, “Borderlands 2,” is out next week, and millions of gamers are set to go looking for loot, find themselves in frantic gunfights and listen to the awful wub-wub of dubstep.
- Floyd Mayweather won a $100,000 bet on the Chargers win against the Raiders. He also bet on the Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons this past weekend.
- The Sept. 10 episode of Monday Night RAW tragically saw Jerry Lawler collapse while giving commentary at ringside. The show's storyline included Bret Hart's return to the scene of the Montreal Screwjob, heightening tension between John Cena and CM Punk before the two face at Night of Champions, and the new tag team of Daniel Bryan and Kane.
- The release date and price for Nintendo’s next-generation Wii U are expected to be unveiled this Thursday at a press event in New York. Nintendo has confirmed that the European launch details for the Wii U will also be announced on that day.
- The Euro rallied to an overnight high of 1.2817 as Germany's Constitutional Court reassured that it will rule on the European Stability Mechanism on September 12, while Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble warned of the slowing recovery in Europe's largest economy as the debt crisis continued to dampen the outlook for the region. In turn, Germany's Economy Ministry endorsed the European Central Bank's bond-buying program as the non-standard measure is expected to boost short-term liqu...
- This week is setting up much like last week in that stimulus or quantitative easing is by far the main item of focus by both traders and investors. The US Fed FOMC meeting is Wednesday and Thursday of this week with many participants expecting the Fed to act now to try to jump start the economy and try to put some life into the faltering jobs market as both are part of their mandate. The market became slightly more convinced that the Fed would act this week after Friday's weak nonfarm payroll...
- WWE announcer Jerry Lawler collapsed due to a heart attack during the RAW live broadcast Monday night. Though his condition was reported to be stable, the situation is "very serious."
- GoDaddy.com, the popular website that hosts millions of domains for businesses, said it had restored most service Tuesday. On Monday, it was subject to cyberattack by someone claiming to be a member of the Anonymous hacker group.
- This is the second day of very tight ranges that we have seen in FX markets. Yesterday's action could be put down to the markets taking a breather after Thursday and Friday's rally from last week, however today's price action could be put down to nervousness ahead of major event risks due this week.
- China has more Internet users than any other country in the world has inhabitants. Is that mass of people going to push for greater freedom? Not with government controls as stringent as they are now.
Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler Collapses During WWE RAW; Girlfriend Updates Health Status, Says He Suffered Heart Attack [VIDEO]Longtime wrestler and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) announcer Jerry "The King" Lawler was taken to a Montreal hospital after he collapsed at ringside while commenting during a live RAW telecast Monday evening.
- The Internet's wave of celebrity death hoaxes rolls on, with Morgan Freeman, a frequent target, again attacked by the grave trend.