One Direction Score Big At MTV VMAs 2012, Fans On Twitter Greet Band For Grabbing 3 Awards (Full List Of Winners & Photos)British boy band One Direction turned out to be the biggest winners at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) Thursday night in Los Angeles grabbing three awards, nosing out big names like Rihanna.
- Katy Perry set Twitter ablaze after she kissed Niall Horan and Harry Styles from One Direction on the lips after she presented them with the moon man for Best Pop Video at the 2012 MTV VMAs.
Morgan Freeman Dead? No, He Joins Eddie Murphy, 50 Cent As The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Death HoaxMorgan Freeman is not dead, despite a report that originated on Facebook earlier this week. A Morgan Freeman impersonator, though, did read aloud from the book "50 Shades of Grey."
- Amber Rose showed up to the 2012 MTV VMAs with the latest fashion accessory, a pregnant belly. Her fiancé Wiz Khalifa had been vehemently denying pregnancy rumors, but the couple must have been waiting to for the red carpet to announce they were expecting.
- The 2012 campaign has focused on a myriad of social and ideological issues, with some smatterings of tax policy and truckloads of mudslinging. A new book argues voters should look past the obfuscation and consider what is best for their wallet. Its authors claim history has proven one thing: when it comes to economic success, the left has had the upper hand.
- Although the Dow Jones-FXCM U.S. Dollar Index (Ticker: USDollar) is trading 0.15 percent lower from the open, the index appears to be holding the upward trending channel carried over from the previous month, and we may see the greenback consolidate ahead of the employment report as the fresh batch of data coming out of the U.S. raises the outlook for growth. In turn, we may continue to see a series of higher highs paired with higher lows on the shorter-term chart, and we would need to see a posi...
- The MTV VMAs are one of the network's most popular nights of the year and this year looks to be no different with Katy Perry, Drake, Rihanna and Carly Rae Jepsen getting nominations. The host will be Kevin Hart.
- John Clayton, who's made his name at ESPN for being a reserved, newsy reporter, appears in a new "This is SportsCenter" ad with a pony tail and Slayer tee shirt. The commercial vaulted Clayton to a nationally trending Twitter topic on Thursday.
- There is further news about Radamel Falcao's next move, while Ashley Cole's Chelsea future has been called into question.
- Today will be mostly abut the outcome of the ECB policy meeting and Draghi's comments about the bond buying program as well as how large the draws will be in US oil inventories. The API repot last night showed a smaller than expected draw in refined products and a larger than expected draw in crude oil versus the consensus expectations. In overnight trading the market is already pricing in something bullish from the ECB meeting as global equities are higher across the board while most commodi...
- Draghi has announced the ECB's much anticipated bond buying plan today and it was more detailed than some had thought. Obviously skipping the Jackson Hole conference last weekend paid off, as the ECB seems to have developed a fully formed bond-purchasing plan. But what does it mean and what could its impact be on the euro? We have tried to answer a few questions below in attempt to understand exactly how effective the latest remedy to the sovereign debt crisis will be.
- Coming off an 84-0 thrashing from Oklahoma State, the lowly Savannah State Tigers of the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision are tremendous 70 ½-point underdogs against the No. 6 ranked Florida State Seminoles heading into their Saturday matchup, making the spread the highest ever in college football sports gambling history.
- Floyd Mayweather bet $200,000 on the Dallas Cowboys, as they beat the New York Giants on Wednesday. He denied losing $3 million on Michigan in their loss to Alabama.
Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: AT&T Expands LTE Network, Another Reason The Likely Feature Will Become A RealityOn Thursday, AT&T announced that it will be expanding its 4G LTE coverage to nine new markets in the United States, with 40 more to come before the end of 2012. This news comes as Apple is expected to unveil its rumored iPhone 5 release on Sept. 12, just six days away, according to Apple Insider.
'Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev On Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder: 'I Didn't Want To Be Dating One Of My Costars'Nina Dobrev, half of one of Hollywood's hottest young couples, is dishing out some juicy scoop about her relationship with "Vampire Diaries" costar Ian Somerhalder. The pair are definitely no strangers to PDA, but Dobrev shockingly revealed that she initially wanted nothing to do with the CW hottie!
- NFL star Chad Johnson allegedly hit his now estranged wife, Evelyn Lozada throughout their relationship
‘American Horror Story’ Season 2 Spoilers: Season 1 Vet Frances Conroy Returns As ‘The Ultimate Angel’"American Horror Story" has been busy releasing teaser videos for its upcoming second season, but on Wednesday co-creator Ryan Murphy took some time to release some exciting casting news.
- According to a new report by McAfee, titled "Threats Report: Second Quarter 2012 report," mobile malware increased 700 percent over the last year, mostly targeting Android. Symbian was at the second spot.
- Commodities are waiting for guidance from risk sentiment trends, with the spotlight now pointing to the European Central Bank monetary policy announcement. Expectations are running high for Mario Draghi and company to deliver the highly anticipated bond-buying program alluded to in officials' commentary over recent weeks and meant to contain borrowing costs for debt-strapped Eurozone member states.