- Commodities are waiting for guidance from risk sentiment trends, with the spotlight now pointing to the European Central Bank monetary policy announcement. Expectations are running high for Mario Draghi and company to deliver the highly anticipated bond-buying program alluded to in officials' commentary over recent weeks and meant to contain borrowing costs for debt-strapped Eurozone member states.
- After Chicago rapper Lil' Jojo was killed on Tuesday night his rival Chief Keef laughed at the situation on Twitter. This situation follows the news that Lupe Fiasco was worried about young rappers like Cheif Keef.
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson has had trouble with the law, his wife, and getting a job in the NFL. His latest decision to get a tattoo of estranged wife Evelyn Lozada on his leg has many fans questioning the sanity of the wide receiver.
- "Fifty Shades of Grey" casting rumors are just that, rumors-- and E. L. James took to Twitter to make sure that everyone knows it whether it's concerning James Deen, Ryan Gosling or Ian Somerhalder.
- Michelle Obama's Tracy Reese dress was a hit at the DNC on Tuesday night. The First Lady is no stranger to getting rave reviews for her fashion choices, and her Tracy Reese dress at the Democratic National Convention is just another fashion homerun to add to her list.
- Promoting Jason Biggs' Twitter is being referred to as a "mistake" by Nickelodeon after he made vulgar, misogynistic tweets that reflected on the children's television network.
- Rumored supply chain issues may have an impact on the release date for the iPhone 5, as it was reported that Sharp Co is behind schedule in producing the device's display. However, this influence may not be a negative one. New analysis has found that constraints have actually had a positive effect on Apple's stock price, reports Apple Insider.
- Forward Cristiano Ronaldo has expressed sadness regarding Real Madrid management.
- TransCanada submits a new route for its proposed Keystone XL Pipeline that skirts ecologically sensitive areas in Nebraska. A State Department decision is expected early next year.
- Country music star Kellie Pickler buzzed off her blonde locks as a show of support for her best friend from childhood, who is battling breast cancer.
'Harold And Kumar' Actor Kal Penn Pokes Fun At Clint Eastwood During The Democratic National ConventionActor Kal Penn may be most well-known for his role in the comical "Harold and Kumar" film series, but he has also served as an associate director in the White House Office of Public Engagement
- Dick Harpootlian, the colorful chairman of the South Carolina Democratic Party, landed himself in hot water among Republican circles after invoking Adolf Hitler's mistress, Eva Braun, when speaking about South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley.
- Michelle Obama struck a cord at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) Tuesday night in Charlotte. The First Lady, or "FLOTUS," stood at the podium and shared a heartwarming story about her family, her husband's past, their shared values, and their dream to build a better country based on those values. The reaction from her convention speech helped DNC explode past the RNC in social spheres like Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- Posted on the activist website Change.org, a petition launched by user Mary Rickles of San Francisco said Erickson's continued presence on the network damages the value of the CNN brand. The petition is circulating under the name "CNN: Fire Erick Erickson."
- While Beyonce does not seem to be opening up to reality star Kim Kardashian, ignoring her at the recent "Made in America" Festival, rapper Kanye West cannot stop gushing over his girlfriend
- There are two things that should be preoccupying the market's mind this afternoon: 1, how to navigate the global economic slowdown (data out of Europe today was truly horrible) and 2, how to prepare and position oneself for the ECB meeting tomorrow. We may have been given some help for the latter after the proposed ECB bond buying programme was leaked and hit the wires a short time ago. The leak, since denied by the central bank, suggested that ECB President Draghi would unveil an unlimited, ...
- The oil complex is in a battle with the perception traders & investors who view each piece of bad economic news as a sign that more simulative measures are coming from all of the main central banks around the world. On the other hand the reality traders look at the fact that every major segment of the global economy is slowing and even with more stimulus global demand for oil and most other major commodities will continue to decline. Manufacturing PMI data in just about every major country in th...
- The FBI has released a statement saying that there is "no evidence" to support recent claims by a hackers group that they gained access to a bureau computer containing information on millions of Apple users.
Chad 'Ochocinco' Johnson Responds To Backlash After Getting A Portrait Tattoo Of Estranged Wife Evelyn LozadaChad "Ochocinco" Johnson used Twitter to show off his latest tattoo -- a picture of estranged wife Evelyn Lozada's face