Articles by Twitter
- Research Note: The ECB to the rescue?
September 05 2012 7:57 AM
This Thursday 6th September 2012 the ECB announces its interest rate decision at 1245 BST/ 0745 ET. The market consensus (as measured by Bloomberg) is for a 25 basis point cut to 0.50% from 0.75%. The main event will be ECB President Mario Draghi's press conference at 1330 BST/ 0830 ET.
- Jason Biggs Makes Misogynstic Tweets About Paul Ryan's Wife, Posts Child Rape Jokes On Twitter [REPORT]
September 04 2012 9:08 PM
"American Pie's" Jason Biggs and his wife Jenny Mollen have stepped into some hot, boiling water after they made jokes about child rape and misogynistic tweets, All Voices reported.
- Did Justin Bieber Tweet New Tattoo And Shirtless Photos To Gain Votes For MTV VMAs 2012? [PHOTOS]
September 04 2012 6:39 PM
Justin Bieber just recently tweeted a picture of his new tattoo in addition to three shirtless photos of himself on Twitter. The "Biebs" says that he loves his fans, but is this a ploy to squeeze as many votes as possible out of the "beliebers for the 2012 MTV VMAs?
- Jillian Michaels Announces Return To 'The Biggest Loser;' Season 13 Focuses On Overweight Kids
September 04 2012 5:16 PM
Jillian Michaels is ending her two-year absence from "The Biggest Loser," as the celebrity trainer gears up to get overweight children into shape on the NBC show.
- Katy Perry And John Mayer Reportedly Still Together Because They Never Broke Up, So What's With The Rumors? [POLL]
September 04 2012 5:12 PM
Katy Perry and John Mayer, are they dating or what? Well according to the latest reports Perry and Mayer never even broke up.
- ‘Griselda Blanco Dead’ Stirs Outcry From Twitter Over The ‘Cocaine Godmother’s’ Demise
September 04 2012 4:41 PM
Griselda Blanco was one of the world's most famous female drug lords-- but that title comes with a price. The "Cocaine Godmother" met her demise on Monday after she was gunned down by two motorcyclists, the Miami Herald reported.
- Artist Memphitz Sues 'Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta' Producer Mona Scott-Young After Domestic Abuse Allegations
September 04 2012 4:15 PM
Artist Mickey "Memphitz" Wright has filed a lawsuit against the producers of the reality show "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" after his ex-girlfriend, K. Michelle continuously accused him of domestic abuse on the series
- 'Happy Birthday Beyoncé' Trends On Twitter While The Former Destiny's Child Singer Gets Snubbed By Kim Kardashian
September 04 2012 4:05 PM
"Happy Birthday Beyoncé" was one of the highest trending topics on Twitter for the "Destiny Child's" 31st birthday, but not everyone is wishing the singer well.
- FameTube, A Start-Up That Discovers Talent, Is Quickly Becoming The 'Next Big Thing'
September 04 2012 2:04 PM
FameTube, founded by Bryan Cornelius, is a website that is dedicated solely to promoting undiscovered artists and is quickly becoming a recognized platform to gain fame
- 'Angry Birds' Sequel 'Bad Piggies' Gets A Release Date
September 04 2012 10:54 AM
After slaughtering countless green piggies in the quest to secure the stolen eggs, the birds of Rovio’s smash hit (no pun intended) “Angry Birds” will be taking a back seat to the pigs this time around with the game’s sequel.
- One to Watch: GBPUSD heeds to bearish signal
September 04 2012 10:30 AM
For those of you who joined my FX Street webinar this morning then you may have noted that I pointed out a bearish divergence between GBPUSD price action and the hourly MACD. Usually when this happens it signals a turn-around in price action. Indeed, as we have progressed throughout the London session GBPUSD has sold off. The break below 1.5885 in GBPUSD was pivotal and triggered the move lower in price action in line with the MACD signal.
- Courtney Stodden Fuels Playboy Rumors On Twitter Despite TMZ 'Sources'
September 04 2012 9:57 AM
Since teen bride Courtney Stodden turned 18-years-old, the hot topic surrounding the young blonde is will she...or won't she do porn. While the bride of "Lost" actor Doug Hutchison has took to Twitter to shoot down the porn offers she received, she is still teasing a big naked reveal for fans.
- Euro Hope Fizzles As ECB Sees Growing Rift, Moody’s Cuts Outlook
September 04 2012 9:55 AM
The Euro gave back the overnight advance to 1.2626 as Moody's Investor Services cut the EU's Aaa credit-rating to 'negative' from 'stable,' while German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble argued that Greece must fulfill 'its obligations completely' as the region looks for an extension to meet its budget target. Meanwhile, European Central Bank President Mario Draghi warned of the ongoing rift within the EU as the bond purchase program comes under increased scrutiny, but ...
- Demonoid Return Could Be Halted By Anti-Piracy Action
September 04 2012 9:35 AM
Demonoid could be making a comeback, but after the founder of the Pirate Bay was arrested, the BitTorrent site might not be as inclined to return.
- London Session: EURUSD loses its grip on 1.26
September 04 2012 8:19 AM
The markets seem to be getting a little jittery as we lead up to the ECB meeting and narrow ranges abound. EURUSD gave up the 1.26 handle just before lunchtime in the London session after some news came out that said Spain would inject debt rather and cash into its struggling banking behemoth Bankia. This is a bridging loan before Bankia has access to the EFSF/ESM banking bailout funds of up to EUR100 billion. However, the decision to use debt rather than cash does two things: 1, make Bankia'...
- Commodities Look to ISM Manufacturing Data to Guide Fed QE3 Outlook
September 04 2012 8:00 AM
All eyes are on the ISM Manufacturing report, which is expected to show the US factory sector held up in August after activity contracted in the preceding two months. Markets are likely to interpret the result through the prism of Fed stimulus expectations after Ben Bernanke was seen as giving a nod to QE3 at the Jackson Hole Symposium last week.
- ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ Crosses $10 Million Mark at Overseas BO; Amongst Top 10 Grosser of All Time
September 04 2012 7:55 AM
Salman Khan's latest release "Ek Tha Tiger" is roaring at the overseas box office. The movie has crossed the $10 million mark in the international market, thus becoming the top ten grosser of all time.
- Commodities May Drift Higher This Week as QE3 Bets Build into NFP
September 03 2012 8:02 AM
Commodity prices scored broad-based gains on Friday as traders interpreted Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's speech at the Jackson Hole Symposium to be opening the door for a third round of quantitative easing (QE3). While Bernanke did not give explicit guidance, the central theme of his remarks appeared to center on the idea that nonstandard monetary stimulus measures helped the recovery and appeared to have been worthwhile given the trade-off between their various costs and benefits. The central ...
- London Session: Bernanke’s QE message falls flat
September 03 2012 7:41 AM
Even though the Fed's Ben Bernanke made an impassioned plea that QE has benefitted the US economy at Jackson Hole on Friday and it would still be his preferred option to try and boost the economy further, risk assets have come off their Bernanke-induced sugar high and EURUSD is back below 1.26 after reaching a high of 1.2640 on Friday. The limited response to Bernanke could be due to 1, the fact he never mentioned when there could be more QE. If we get a strong payrolls number on Friday does ...
- Apple iPhone 5: Fully Assembled New iPhone Mockup Spotted At IFA 2012; Taiwanese Pop Star Posts Pictures [VIDEO]
September 03 2012 2:52 AM
With the next gen Apple iPhone widely believed to be just days away, a new video has reportedly appeared at the IFA 2012 trade show in Berlin, showing a handset that claims to be a mockup of the fully assembled Apple iPhone 5.