Essex Police Looking For Escaped Lion; Residents Ordered To Remain Indoors As 'Lion' Tweets From The AreaPolice officers in Essex have warned residents a lion could be on the loose in the area, located on the eastern coast of the U.K. All lions in local zoos have been accounted for, but it is believed there is a circus traveling in the vicinity. The Essex Lion Twitter account already has more than 1,800 followers.
- Britain said Sunday it was still committed to reaching a diplomatic solution with Ecuador over the presence of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in the country's London embassy, after both sides took steps to defuse the standoff.
- As the Non-Aligned Movement summit begins in Tehran, members aspire to become an organization of authority in matters of global peacekeeping.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc plans to open its first Indian store this year, but the maker of the Original Glazed will find it is not alone in its bid to cash in on the $13 billion Western fast food market in Asia's third-largest economy.
- Syria was hailed as one of the world's hotbeds of great archaeological finds, with a government that cared for its priceless heritage. But that was before the civil war.
- Flocks of missing birds have British homing-pigeon owners concerned. In a mysterious area that's already been dubbed the Bermuda Triangle of birds, people in the U.K. are worried because their racing pigeons appear to have vanished into thin air.
- The Sun, a daily national tabloid newspaper published in the United Kingdom, is coming under fire after it displayed naked photos of Prince Harry across its front page on Friday with the words: "HEIR IT IS!"
- The U.K. series "The British" will feature high-profile British celebrities in the historical series about their native country. Stars like Dame Helen Mirren, Russell Brand and Jessie J have been named as cast members.
- The iPhone 5 is a highly anticipated piece of tech that has been taken apart and examined on YouTube. The video compares parts of the iPhone 5 with it's precursor, the iPhone 4s.
- The grandmother of British Olympic gymnast Sam Oldham is in a battle with a bookmaker who refused to pay out on her £5 bet that her grandson would win a medal at the 2012 London Games.
Elisabeth Moss Debuts New Blonde Pixie Haircut, Will This Be The Season 6 Peggy Olsen On ‘Mad Men?’ The History Of HairElisabeth Moss debuted a new haircut on the red carpet for the premiere of "For a Good Time, Call" Tuesday, sporting a blonde pixie hair. Could this be a new Peggy Olsen for season 6 of AMC's "Mad Men," the show that always seems to follow sartorial history?
- Meles Zenawi's death has great implications not only for Ethiopia, but for Western diplomacy across the African continent.
- Controversial film directors Michael Moore and Oliver Stone joined forces to pen an op-ed Monday in The New York Times in support of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's effort to seek political asylum in Ecuador.
- Here's a look at photos of the Miss World 2012 winner, Wenxia Yu, and past winners throughout the years.
- Gold prices continued to decline this week, dragging even lower due to unusually weak demand from China and India - the two largest gold consumers - that has extended for several months.
- Vitriol continues to be spewed in the case of Julian Assange, who is still stuck in the UK Ecuadorian embassy.
- Ecuador said Thursday night the Union of South American Nations has called an emergency meeting to discuss British threats to seize WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange from inside its embassy in London.
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange will give a live statement from “in front of the Ecuadorian embassy” at 2 p.m. on Sunday, the Web site announced via Twitter. The announcement caused a bit of confusion as to whether Assange can actually step out into public without getting arrested. There has yet to be any clarification.
- Britian is threatening to enter the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to arrest Julian Assange, Ecuador's foreign minister said Wednesday.
- Americans prefer digital games more than traditional boxed games, says a new study on game spending.