- Hold Onto Your Digital Wallets! Google Mobile Payments Faces New Challenger
August 15 2012 8:23 AM
Wal-Mart Stores Inc [WMT], Target Corp. [TGT], 7-Eleven Inc., and Sunoco Inc. [SUN] are poised to announce their rival to the Google Wallet payment system, which launched on Android powered phones last year, the Wall Street Journal revealed. When it does launch, MCX will join the multi-billion dollar race to develop mobile phone payment systems, which propose to do away with cash and card transactions.
- Where Wealth Thrives and Innovates
August 10 2012 5:15 PM
A surprising wealth of information about the world's most prosperous people can be discovered in two new reports. The Chinese Millionaire Wealth Report 2012, put together by GroupM and the Hurun Report, found that there are now a million millionaires in China. On average, a Chinese millionaire is 39 years old, has an average of four luxury watches, vacations in France, and owns a business.
- The Largest Company You've Never Heard Of: G4S And The London Olympics
August 06 2012 2:09 PM
The world's third-largest employer suffered a damaged reputation in the wake of its mismanagement of security in London, but it may keep growing all the same. It has always done so.
- HSBC leads Hong Kong share gains, Shanghai at 2-week high
August 06 2012 9:55 AM
Hong Kong shares closed at their highest in almost three months on Monday, tracking an Asia-wide rally following better-than-expected U.S. jobs data on Friday that spurred gains for riskier assets.
- Chick Fil-A: A Sad, Sorry, Pathetic Spectacle For All Parties Concerned (HOLD FOR SUN AM)
August 05 2012 8:19 AM
Not only did this represent a grave violation of fair trade practices, but it also smacked of a naked ploy to consolidate their political bases (who, no doubt, agree with their views anyway).
- It ‘Takes A Village’ To Fix Our Education System
August 03 2012 2:12 PM
If we could just educate the next generation on how to eliminate poverty or war, we could then use that savings from our federal budget to fund more education for the following generations.
- The Great Plastic Robbery Continues: Visa, MasterCard Still 'Ripping Off' US Consumers
August 03 2012 12:12 PM
The Merchants Payments Coalition (MPC), which represents retailers, says the fees levied on American supermarkets, stores and gas stations by Visa and MasterCard are up to three times more than in other parts of the world, inflating prices for U.S. consumers.
- Hong Kong shares slip below chart support, China stocks up
August 03 2012 10:07 AM
Hong Kong shares weakened below a key technical support level on Friday, in a general move away from riskier assets after inaction by the European Central Bank and Federal Reserve dashed investors' hopes of easing.
- US Retailers Dig Their Own Grave
July 29 2012 7:58 PM
The hefty $7.25 billion settlement that Visa and MasterCard have agreed to, in response to a 2005 class action lawsuit over credit card swipe fees, will disadvantage retailers further and restrict consumer spending in an economy that relies heavily on credit card use and personal expenditure.
- Wal-Mart Unhappy With $7.25B Settlement of Retailers' Suit Against Visa, MasterCard
July 24 2012 4:52 PM
Wal-Mart, in a bid to protect consumers, said it was not happy with the proposed $7.25 billion retailers' settlement with Visa Inc., and MasterCard Inc., over interchange and processing fees to cover credit and debit card payments.
- Wal-Mart Declines Visa, MasterCard Swipe Fee Settlement
July 24 2012 9:59 AM
The world's largest retailer said the $7.2 billion settlement was not enough to fix a broken system, according to Reuters.
- Target Adds More Stores To Its Fresh-Foods List
July 23 2012 9:40 AM
Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) announced Monday it was expanding its grocery store strategy to an additional 30 outlets, including ones in Nashville, Tenn., Cincinnati, Ohio, and Jacksonville, Fla.
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg To Meet With Wal-Mart Inc’s Mike Duke In Arkansas To Discuss Strategy To ‘Deepen’ Relations Between The Companies
July 20 2012 10:41 AM
Mark Zuckerberg , CEO of Facebook Inc is expected to meet with Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s CEO Mike Duke this Friday in Bentonville, Arkansas to discuss strategy to deepen relations between both the companies.
- Rapper Pitbull Headed To Alaska After Pranksters Hijack Wal-Mart Promotion
July 18 2012 8:03 PM
After an Internet prank campaign, the Give Me Everything and Back in Time rapper is headed to Kodiak, Alaska for a Walmart promotional event.
- Animal Rights Group Targets Wal-Mart Over Pig Suppliers
July 18 2012 5:29 PM
An animal rights campaign underscores the power activists have to pressure companies to stop using inhumane suppliers.
- Flash Mob Trashes Wal-Mart in Jacksonville, Fla. [VIDEO]
July 17 2012 5:13 PM
A giant flash mob wreaked havoc at a Wal-Mart store on Tuesday by destroying merchandise and terrorizing customers, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- Don?t Give Up On The China Dream (Just Yet) - Nation Passes Japan On Fortune 500
July 10 2012 9:09 AM
China's double-digit growth rate during the financial crisis has been the envy of the world and most people agree that we may have seen the last of the country's miraculous growth. So yes, China's growth is slowing. However, it's too early to get all pessimistic.
- From Ugly Box To Pretty Library: One Wal-Mart's Civic Transformation
July 07 2012 1:10 PM
What do you do with an abandoned Wal-Mart in the middle of a sea of concrete? Turn it into an award-winning library and community center, of course.
- Gina Rinehart: The Richest Person You've Never Heard Of
July 06 2012 2:32 PM
Even though Rinehart's fortune is now more than ten times that of Oprah Winfrey, few outside her native Australia have ever heard of her.
- Supporting Our Teachers Is Good For Business
July 03 2012 4:13 PM
Our teachers need your help, especially when this economy is so uncertain.