Articles by Wal-Mart
- Best Buy's Quarterly Profit Squeezed by Discounts
December 13 2011 9:14 AM
Best Buy Co's
quarterly profit missed Wall Street estimates as bigger discounts during the holiday season squeezed margins at the world's largest electronics chain, and its shares fell 9 percent in premarket trading on Tuesday.
- Competition to cut food inflation in Canada: report
December 12 2011 5:25 PM
Target Corp's impending arrival in Canada, paired with Wal-Mart Stores Inc's expanding grocery business in the country, will help slow food inflation next year and keep established grocers under pressure, researchers said on Monday.
- Amazon to Have Low Margins Through 2012: Analyst
December 12 2011 8:46 AM
Online retailer Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) whose Kindle Fire tablet is one of the hot-selling products in this holiday season may have a tough time in convincing investors over its margins.
- Wal-Mart Investigating if its Overseas Workers Violated Corrupt Practices Act
December 09 2011 3:10 PM
Wal-Mart began an internal investigation within the last seven months to determine whether some overseas incidents violated U.S. federal law.
- Woman Caught Making Meth in Wal-Mart, Arrested After 6 Hours [VIDEO]
December 09 2011 12:30 PM
Tulsa, Okla. police arrested a woman Thursday for stealing and mixing chemicals to make meth inside of a Wal-Mart.
- U.S. Futures Signal Gains for Equities
December 09 2011 5:14 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open for equities on Wall Street on Friday, with futures for the S&P 500, for the Dow Jones and for the Nasdaq 100 up 0.1 to 0.4 percent.
- Planking Spree: Wisconsin Resident Convicted for Disorderly Conduct (VIDEO)
December 09 2011 3:50 AM
Alexander Hart, 19, who went on a planking spree that included lying atop a police squad car, a bank ATM machine and merchandise displays at Wal-Mart and Lowe's stores, was convicted this week for disorderly conduct.
- FDI in Retail: Cracks in UPA Govt?
December 09 2011 2:51 AM
UPA government led by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seems to be in trouble after failing to implement its retail reform.
- Wal-Mart in India Deal is Off: PM Manmohan Singh Backs Off Foreign Retailers Plan
December 07 2011 1:00 PM
India has retracted its plan to allow foreign retail chains like Wal-Mart and Britain's Tesco to open in the country, according to multiple reports. The reversal comes less than two weeks after the global business sector and the Indian government heaped praise on the original deal to let foreign retailers into India to jolt the country's economy and lower prices for farmers and consumers.
- Poor struggling, rich spending as Christmas nears
December 07 2011 11:54 AM
Adriana Garcia won't be buying her family Christmas gifts this year.
- U.S. Stock Index Futures Signal Gains for Equities
December 07 2011 6:00 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a higher open for equities on Wall Street on Wednesday, with futures for the S&P 500, the Dow Jones and Nasdaq 100 up 0.6-0.8 percent.
- Crisis in Big Indian Industries Expected to Bring about Reforms
December 07 2011 2:57 AM
India's power, telecoms and aviation sectors, core to sustaining the country's growth, are in various states of crisis. This crisis may force the government to bring about reforms.
- Coke Says Child's Death in China Not Linked to Product
December 05 2011 9:48 AM
Coca-Cola Co. defended on Friday the safety of its yogurt drinks sold in northern China, denying there was any link to the death of a child or the illness of three other people who had consumed the drinks, but said it removed the product from shelves in a precautionary move.
- WikiLeaks to Reveal Names of Indians with Swiss Accounts in 2012
December 04 2011 6:28 AM
The founder of whistle-blowing Web site WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, an Australian currently under house arrest in the UK, might reveal the names of Indians holding Swiss bank accounts in the coming year, he said during a videoconference Saturday.
- India's Government Puts Plan for Foreign Supermarkets 'on Pause'
December 04 2011 4:03 AM
India has put a plan to open its retail industry to foreign supermarkets on hold, a senior government source said Sunday, an embarrassing turnaround for a beleaguered government fighting to retain the support of key allies.
- Centre has decided to Suspend FDI in Retail: Mamata Banerjee
December 03 2011 9:07 AM
Mamata Banerjee said that Pranab Mukherjee has told her that the centre has decided to suspend implementation of the decision to allow FDI in retail.
- Don’t Fool People with FDI in Retail: Advani
December 03 2011 6:34 AM
The government is fooling the country about the benefits of foreign supermarkets, opposition leader LK Advani said.
- Arsenic in Apple Juice: Mott's, Welch's Defend Apple and Grape Juices After Investigation
December 01 2011 6:43 PM
Makers of apple and grape juice targeted in a Consumer Reports investigation into juice arsenic levels pushed back against the report Thursday, saying their juices are safe for the plethora of American children who drink it each day.
- American Family Association: Some Companies Waging a 'War on Christmas'
December 01 2011 6:21 PM
The American Family Association has compiled a naughty or nice list of national corporations based on how often they use the word Christmas in holiday advertising.
- FDI in Retail: Indian Traders Protest Against the Entry of Retail Giants
December 01 2011 4:41 AM
Tens of thousands of small shopkeepers went on strike across India on Thursday to protest a government decision to allow foreign retail giants like Wal-Mart Stores Inc to enter the country's $450 billion retail market.