Articles by White House
- WIll The Libyan Attacks Make The U.S. Leery Of Intervening In Syria?
September 12 2012 5:16 PM
The Middle East is looking increasingly unsteady with the attacks in Libya and the protests in Egypt, which may further deter the U.S. from eventually intervening in Syria.
- Thanks To ObamaCare And Medicaid, More Americans Have Health Insurance
September 12 2012 4:30 PM
The good news? For the first time in three years, the number of uninsured Americans dropped in 2011. The bad news? Income inequality is on the rise.
- Drones May Play A Role In Hunting Down Libya U.S. Consulate Attackers
September 12 2012 3:38 PM
The U.S. may soon send drones over Libya to help hunt down the perpetrators of the attack on its consulate in Benghazi, which killed four people including Ambassador Christopher Stevens. Whether that means the U.S. will rely on Libyan forces to carry out attacks, or will act on its own, remains highly speculative.
- Washington Bends Logic Into Mobius Strip To Show Profit On AIG Bailout
September 12 2012 1:40 PM
The U.S. government went into a full-throated propaganda offensive Tuesday in an effort to show that the highly controversial 2008 bailouts of American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) were profitable.
- Watch Live Stream Of President Obama's Statement On Christopher Stevens And Benghazi, Libya Attacks
September 12 2012 10:05 AM
The White House has announced that President Obama will deliver a live statement at 10:35 Wednesday on the attacks in Libya that took the life of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens .
- How Sheldon Adelson Could Save $2.3 Billion Under Romney Tax Plan
September 11 2012 4:48 PM
Over the weekend, Mitt Romney insisted his tax plan would not cut taxes on the rich. And yet, the Center for American Progress found it would lead to more than $2 billion in savings for the billionaire Sheldon Adelson. And that's not counting his heirs.
- NBC Interviews Kris Jenner On 'Today' About Her Breast Implants As Other Networks Observe Sept. 11 Moment Of Silence
September 11 2012 4:48 PM
Television network NBC has drawn negative criticism after skipping a moment of silence at 8:48am to honor the victims of September 11th
- 9/11 Health Toll Still Hazy After 11 Years
September 11 2012 4:00 PM
Between 40,000 and 90,000 emergency workers and volunteers spent time sifting through the remains at Ground Zero, and were exposed to toxic materials that have been blamed for a range of respiratory illnesses and other ailments.
- Obama Stays On Sidelines Of Chicago Strike, But His Record Shows Breaks With Unions
September 11 2012 3:18 PM
Obama has carefully avoided getting involved, but his education reform agenda has supported some of the very things Chicago teachers are striking against.
- Apple’s iPhone 5 Could Add 0.5% To US GDP, JPMorgan Says
September 11 2012 11:24 AM
If, as one analyst expects, Apple sales of its new iPhone 5 -- estimated to cost about $600 each -- reaches 8 million, it could boost the GDP of the U.S. by half a percentage point.
- Big Shots Tone Down Politics For 9/11 Anniversary
September 11 2012 11:10 AM
No political dirt will be thrown about Tuesday as Obama and Romney have agreed to take negative campaign ads off the air to honor the 9/11 anniversary.
- Would There Have Beeen A 9/11 Attack Had Bush Administration Acted Sooner On CIA Warnings?
September 11 2012 10:52 AM
As the nation remembers the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, a report in the New York Times states that there were some activities the summer before the attacks that would have looked suspicious had the administration taken the warnings more seriously.
- Chicago Teacher Strike To Continue For Second Day, Romney Attacked For Politicization Of Strike By Democrats
September 11 2012 6:21 AM
The Chicago teacher strike that has led to about 400,000 children being left out of schools is likely to continue for the second day, Tuesday, as the striking Chicago Teachers Union and the school district officials failed to reach an agreement till late night Monday.
- Panetta Hails Flight 93 Heroes At Pennsylvania Memorial
September 10 2012 7:43 PM
On the eve of the 11th anniversary of the terror attacks, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta visited the Flight 93 National Memorial in western Pennsylvania, "the final resting place of American patriots."
- Chinese Rumor Mills Swing Into Action On Xi Jinping's Supposed 'Disappearance'
September 10 2012 11:41 AM
The public absence of key officials breeds rumor in China, where transparency at the top is scant and netizens are quick to throw out scenarios.
- Motorcycle Police Officer Killed Escorting Obama's Motorcade In Florida
September 09 2012 10:50 PM
A motorcycle-mounted police officer escorting President Barack Obama's motorcade was killed in West Palm Beach, Fla., on Sunday. The officer was struck by a Ford F-150 while preparing to shut down Interstate 95 for Obama's appearance at the Palm Beach County Convention Center.
- Romney, Ryan Defend Proposals, Yet Sidestep Specifics, In First Major Post-Convention Interviews [VIDEO]
September 09 2012 5:38 PM
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his running mate, Paul Ryan, defended their tax, economic, and health-care ideas while trying to direct a more precise attack on Democratic President Barack Obama during interviews on four of the major Sunday-morning television talk shows this weekend.
- Officially 'Terrorists': The Haqqani Network, And Why The U.S. Blacklisted Them
September 07 2012 3:53 PM
The Haqqani network is one of the most violent groups of insurgents in the Middle East. On Friday, Hillary Clinton officially blacklisted them by declaring them a "Foreign Terrorist Organization."
- Barack Obama's 2012 DNC Speech Was Unexciting By Design, Campaign Staff Reveals
September 07 2012 2:46 PM
Did you think President Obama's speech at the 2012 Democratic National Convention was unexciting? It turns out that's the tone his re-election campaign was going for.
- Pundits On Obama's DNC Speech: OK But Far From The Best
September 07 2012 1:26 PM
President Obama's address, as pundits noted, did not inspire the kind of enthusiasm that his speeches have become known for.