Articles by White House
- Barack Obama: Future Billionaire?
September 05 2012 6:39 AM
I am fascinated by what the future holds for President Barack Obama.
- Michelle Obama Delivers Rousing, Personal Tribute To Her Husband At Democratic National Convention
September 04 2012 11:20 PM
Michelle Obama closed out the first day of the 2012 Democratic National Convention with a rousing speech that paid personal tribute to her husband but also seemed built to coalesce support among Democrats at the start of the three-day DNC.
- Betty White Petitioned To Appear In Charlotte For 2012 DNC; Kal Penn Hosting
September 04 2012 2:39 PM
Elderly actress Betty White has been requested via petition to show support for President Obama at the upcoming 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.. Already confirmed for the DNC is Kal Penn, who will be hosting the political event.
- Romney’s Stance On Syria Indistinguishable From Obama
September 04 2012 2:35 PM
Romney and Obama's stances on how to handle Syria are similarly circumspect, but that hasn't stopped the two campaigns from criticizing each others' foreign policy approaches.
- Syria: Killings Spike To Record Level In August; Red Cross Seeks Entry
September 04 2012 12:38 PM
The International Committee of the Red Cross announced on Tuesday that they will be expanding their efforts in Syria with the help of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent to help the hundreds of thousands of displaced refugees. Meanwhile, the US drags its heels and the UN's efforts have amounted to nothing to stem the violence.
- President Obama Teams Up With A (Possibly) Stoned Kal Penn In New Campaign Video
September 04 2012 10:42 AM
When times are tough, there is one person the president can rely on -- Kal Penn.
- Hurricane Isaac: Obama Tours Storm-Hit Louisiana; White House Plays Down Political Reasons [PHOTOS]
September 04 2012 2:25 AM
President Barack Obama Monday visited storm-hit Louisiana, grappling with flooding and power cuts, at the end of a four-day trip packed with campaign events.
- Hezbollah Warns US Of Retaliation If Israel Strikes Iran
September 03 2012 4:18 PM
Iran could strike U.S. bases in the Middle East in response to any Israeli strike on its nuclear facilities, the leader of Lebanon's Iranian-backed militant group Hezbollah said Monday.
- Netanyahu Demands West Draw 'Red Line' Against Iran Nuclear Program
September 02 2012 12:42 PM
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu demanded Sunday a "clear red line" be drawn that would convince Tehran that world powers are serious about stopping Iran from building nuclear weapons.
- Hal David, Lyricist And Bacharach Songwriting Partner, Dies At 91
September 02 2012 12:07 PM
Hal David, longtime lyricist for composer Burt Bacharach, died in Los Angeles Sunday at the age of 91. The team's hits included “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head,” “Walk On By,” “I’ll Never Fall In Love Again,” and “What’s New Pussycat?”
- Mourning Ethiopians Attend Funeral Of Influential Leader Meles Zenawi
September 02 2012 6:52 AM
Tens of thousands of Ethiopians gathered near a public square in Addis Ababa Sunday to attend the state funeral of Meles Zenawi, the influential prime minister of Ethiopia, who died last month.
- President Obama Releases Beer Recipe For White House Homebrew Beers
September 01 2012 5:08 PM
Ever since President Barack Obama revealed that he commissioned the White House kitchen to create a homebrewed beer for the White House, beer enthusiasts have been going nuts wondering what the recipe is, even going as far as setting up an online petition. Now, the White House has responded and released its recipe for presidential Honey Ale and Honey Porter beer.
- Tropical Storm Isaac Path Set For Missouri, Obama And Romney Headed To Louisiana As Storm Settles
August 31 2012 3:09 PM
As tropical storm Isaac, downgraded from a hurricane, heads for Southern Missouri, President Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney are en route to Louisiana to view storm damage.
- Brent edges up ahead of Bernanke speech, set for 2nd monthly gain
August 31 2012 4:34 AM
Brent crude futures climbed above $112 per barrel on Friday, on track for a second monthly gain as investors awaited a speech by U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke for hints of more monetary easing that could stoke oil demand.
- RNC 'Bounce' Lifts Romney To 44%-42% Lead In Poll
August 30 2012 6:10 PM
Mitt Romney has moved into a narrow lead over President Barack Obama in a small bounce for him from the Republican National Convention, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found Thursday.
- The Moscow-Washington ‘Hotline’:” Remembering A Cold War Icon 49 Years Later
August 30 2012 3:05 PM
The idea for the instant communication device arose in the wake of the Cuban Missile Crisis the prior year – which saw Moscow and Washington very nearly enter into a cataclysmic nuclear war.
- 3 Untrue Things From Paul Ryan's National Convention Speech
August 30 2012 11:34 AM
Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan delivered his much-anticipated speech Wednesday in Tampa, but slipped in some inaccuracies when blaming the Obama administration.
- Path Of Hurricane Isaac Forces Massive Evacuations In Louisiana For Torrential Rain
August 30 2012 8:42 AM
Hurricane Isaac's projected path of torrential rain causes many Louisiana residents to evacuate and others to be rescued.
- Obama AMA: President's 'Ask Me Anything' Thread On Reddit A Great PR Move For His Campaign; 5 Interesting Questions
August 30 2012 3:55 AM
On Wednesday, U.S. President Barack Obama did something that helped him reach and communicate with millions of people directly. The President spent around half-an-hour on the popular link-sharing website Reddit, answering questions from the general public and became the first ever sitting president to participate in a forum, commonly referred to as an AMA or "ask me anything."
- Rand Paul Endlessly Harps On Disingenuous 'You Did Build That' Line In Ayn Randian RNC Diatribe
August 29 2012 8:43 PM
Rand Paul relentlessly pounded his disingenuous "You Did Build That" catchphrase during his Ayn Randian speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Wednesday night.