- When times are tough, there is one person the president can rely on -- Kal Penn.
- President Barack Obama Monday visited storm-hit Louisiana, grappling with flooding and power cuts, at the end of a four-day trip packed with campaign events.
- Iran could strike U.S. bases in the Middle East in response to any Israeli strike on its nuclear facilities, the leader of Lebanon's Iranian-backed militant group Hezbollah said Monday.
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu demanded Sunday a "clear red line" be drawn that would convince Tehran that world powers are serious about stopping Iran from building nuclear weapons.
- Hal David, longtime lyricist for composer Burt Bacharach, died in Los Angeles Sunday at the age of 91. The team's hits included “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head,” “Walk On By,” “I’ll Never Fall In Love Again,” and “What’s New Pussycat?”
- Tens of thousands of Ethiopians gathered near a public square in Addis Ababa Sunday to attend the state funeral of Meles Zenawi, the influential prime minister of Ethiopia, who died last month.
- Ever since President Barack Obama revealed that he commissioned the White House kitchen to create a homebrewed beer for the White House, beer enthusiasts have been going nuts wondering what the recipe is, even going as far as setting up an online petition. Now, the White House has responded and released its recipe for presidential Honey Ale and Honey Porter beer.
- As tropical storm Isaac, downgraded from a hurricane, heads for Southern Missouri, President Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney are en route to Louisiana to view storm damage.
- The idea for the instant communication device arose in the wake of the Cuban Missile Crisis the prior year – which saw Moscow and Washington very nearly enter into a cataclysmic nuclear war.
- Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan delivered his much-anticipated speech Wednesday in Tampa, but slipped in some inaccuracies when blaming the Obama administration.
- Hurricane Isaac's projected path of torrential rain causes many Louisiana residents to evacuate and others to be rescued.
Obama AMA: President's 'Ask Me Anything' Thread On Reddit A Great PR Move For His Campaign; 5 Interesting QuestionsOn Wednesday, U.S. President Barack Obama did something that helped him reach and communicate with millions of people directly. The President spent around half-an-hour on the popular link-sharing website Reddit, answering questions from the general public and became the first ever sitting president to participate in a forum, commonly referred to as an AMA or "ask me anything."
- Rand Paul relentlessly pounded his disingenuous "You Did Build That" catchphrase during his Ayn Randian speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Wednesday night.
Hurricane Issac 2012 Downgraded To Tropical Storm; 725,000 In 5 States Lose Power; New Orleans Levees HoldHurricane Isaac was downgraded Wednesday to a tropical storm but continued to hover over Louisiana with heavy rains and damaging winds. The storm, which was a category one hurricane for 24 hours, has since sustained weakened winds of 75 mph, the National Hurricane Center reported.
- A former SEAL Team 6 member has written a book about al Qaida leader Osama bin Laden's death, contradicting the administration's account of what happened at the Pakistani compound last year.
- With a forceful speech that touted his legislative accomplishments, it seems clear that Christie is gunning for a presidential run next time around.
- Although the tropical storm Isaac forced the cancelation of Monday's opening session of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, the conference was finally kicked off Tuesday with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie impassionedly challenging the Republicans to start "taking our country back" during his keynote speech.
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, one of the GOP's rising stars, brought down the house Tuesday night with a rousing, combative keynote speech at the Republican National Convention.
- Chris Christie delivered the keynote speech at the Republican National Convention Tuesday night in Tampa, Fla. Read the full transcript of his remarks here.