Articles by White House
- Romney Steps Into Arab-Israeli Divide With Remarks About PA's Poverty
July 30 2012 9:15 AM
Romney praised Israel's "economic vitality" by comparing it to the Palestinian Authority, a comment that quickly elicited criticism for comparing a powerful Middle Eastern state to a population that has been living for years under a blockade.
- Crude steadies above $90 on U.S. stimulus hopes, euro
July 30 2012 2:14 AM
Crude prices steadied above $90 a barrel on Monday, as hopes for more stimulus from the United States balanced pressure from the lingering euro debt crisis.
- Sex And Drugs At The Olympics: Athletes Report
July 27 2012 6:57 PM
Although most fans will probably focus on how Olympians perform during the events, many of the athletes themselves look forward to the Olympic Games as much for the "social" activities as for the competition.
- Drudge Report Exposed: Front Page Linked To Old Stabbing Story From Salt Lake City
July 27 2012 1:22 PM
The Salt Lake City Police Department was flooded from phone calls from reporters on Friday after the Drudge Report linked a story about how a man stopped another man's stabbing rampage in a Salt Lake City. Though the linked article from the Drudge Report front page was clearly published on April 26, many reporters did not take notice and published the news as if it had occurred the night before.
- Romney's London Comments Weaken His Olympic-Savior Argument - But Did He Really Save The 2002 Games?
July 27 2012 11:09 AM
Romney's blunders at the 2012 London Olympics threaten to jeopardize one of his campaign's biggest arguments -- his successful leadership of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics in Utah.
- Assad's Downfall Inevitable, Says UN Observer
July 27 2012 9:11 AM
Columns of tanks, helicopter gunships and fixed-wing fighter jets have been witnesses in or near Aleppo, raising concerns that escalating skirmishes between loyalists and rebels was about to get much worse for the city's 2.1 million residents.
- All Hail President Mitt: Why Did MI6 Spymaster Give Romney His Own Intelligence Briefing?
July 26 2012 3:10 PM
Does the British hierarchy think Romney will be "their man" in Washington this time next year? Is Whitehall hoping to make good the "special relationship" that has become a little tired under Obama?
- The Next ‘How I Met Your Mother?’ ‘Ex-Men’ Set To Bring The Laughs With Kal Penn And ‘Paranormal Activity 3’ Star
July 26 2012 12:39 PM
If "How I Met Your Mother" decides to end the series with their upcoming eighth season then viewers are going to need to turn to another series for laughs. Luckily "HIMYM" producer Rob Greenberg has just the right comedy solution for fans - his new series "Ex-Men."
- Even Abroad, Gaffe Trips Up Romney
July 26 2012 10:42 AM
Any hope that Mitt Romney's trip abroad would provide a respite from the candidate's chronic foot-in-mouth disease dissipated almost instantaneously, with the campaign once again in damage-control mode.
- Al-Qaeda's Role In Syria Causes Alarm; Russia Slams US For Justifying Terrorism
July 26 2012 8:07 AM
Amid reports that Islamic fundamentalists are trying to hijack the Syrian revolution, which have raised concerns among U.S. intelligence and Iraqi officials, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov slammed Washington's position over the Damascus bombing that killed several top Syrian officials, as "a direct whitewashing of terrorism."
- Another Republican Calls For Romney To Say Something Substantial: Scott Walker
July 25 2012 11:30 AM
The Wisconsin governor joined the growing chorus of Republicans urging Mitt Romney to take a more forceful stand, saying the presumptive Republican nominee's campaign has been overly cautious.
- Most Gun Owners Back Gun Control: Poll
July 24 2012 3:55 PM
A clear majority of gun owners would support gun control like requiring background checks to purchase firearms, according to a poll conducted by prominent Republican strategist Frank Luntz.
- Colorado's Reaction After The Aurora Movie Theater Massacre: People Want More Guns
July 24 2012 3:51 PM
While there is public outcry for a discussion on gun control, residents in Colorado have begun seeking background checks needed to buy guns. A local paper reported there has been an increasing number of people showing interest in carry-permit training.
- White House Targets Another State In Offensive On Voter ID Laws: Pennsylvania
July 24 2012 11:31 AM
In its latest effort to scrutinize a wave of new voting laws, the Justice Department is asking Pennsylania for more information about a law requiring voters to present valid photo identification.
- Obama the Sports Fan: How the President’s Sports Knowledge Works For and Against Him
July 23 2012 7:14 PM
With the Nov. 6 Election quickly approaching, President Barack Obama is expected to be involved in a fierce campaign against Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
- David Beckham Sends 50 Pairs Of Underwear Brand To Obama
July 23 2012 6:03 PM
Celebrity football player David Beckham reportedly sent a box full of 50 pairs of underwear to president Barrack Obama, The Sun reported.
- 'Just Don't Mention The NHS': How 'Socialized Healthcare' Could Sour Mitt Romney's Number 10 Visit
July 23 2012 3:39 PM
The meeting, which will take place at the PM's official residence of number 10 Downing Street, is fraught with potential political faux pas. After all, the sitting PM is not -- according to a Downing Street spokesman who spoke to the Telegraph -- supposed to meet candidates in elections in foreign countries.
- Ramadan 2012: First Day Of Muslim Holy Month Around The World [PHOTOS]
July 23 2012 11:06 AM
Friday marked the first day of Ramadan, the holy month for Muslims, who are expected to fast and practice abstinence from dawn until sunset. View the slideshow to see photos from start of Ramadan around the world.
- Arab League Will Offer 'Safe Exit' To Syrian President Assad If He Resigns Quickly
July 23 2012 7:12 AM
The Arab League has offered a safe exit for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his family if he quickly resigns and leaves the country, in the latest attempt from the international community to end 17 months of bloodshed in Syria.
- John McCain To Guest Star In Episode Of ‘Parks And Recreation’ Season 5
July 21 2012 12:02 AM
At the end of the fourth season of Parks and Recreation, the show revealed that its power couple, Ben Wyatt and Leslie Knope (played by Adam Scott and Amy Poehler, respectively) would be spending some time in Washington. According to the Washington Post, it looks like Leslie will be meeting some powerful figures in the coming season, most notably U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.