A 12-year-old boy, who had been trapped under the debris after Turkey's catastrophic earthquake Sunday, was pulled out alive by the rescuers Friday. The boy had been trapped for more than 108 hours, before the rescuers could get to him and get him out.

The rescue of the 12-year-old boy, Ferhat Tokay, in the early hours of Friday has certainly given fresh hopes to rescue workers who are still trying to find survivors trapped in the rubble. They have been working 24x7 in sub-zero temperatures.

The rescue workers had been losing hope until an 18-year-old Imdat Padak was rescued in Ercis Thursday evening after an ordeal that had lasted for more than 100 hours.

Both the rescued youngsters were immediately sent to a field hospital in Ercis and were later airlifted by helicopter to nearby hospitals for further treatment.

As of Friday, the death toll from the deadly earthquake was 570. CNN reported rescue workers had pulled 187 people alive from the rubble. In addition, about 2,555 people were injured by the 7.2-magnitude earthquake, according to the Turkish Disaster and Emergency Relief Agency.

Of all the affected places, Ercis was the worst hit and a total of 80 buildings collapsed, said officials.

What worsened the situation were snow and rainfall which gave survivors camping out in tents an even tougher time. The survivors are staying in the open for fear of more buildings collapsing in the aftershock affect of the earthquake.

Reuters reported that there had been constant complains regarding the speed of the rescue work in Kurdish area.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan admitted to failings in the immediate aftermath but has since sent a quarter of his cabinet to oversee operations in Van and dropped his earlier opposition to help from abroad, the report said.

Around 250 trucks had been deployed and were making upto 15 trips a day to the shores of the Lake Van to clear the debris, the Daily Radikal quoted a truck driver as saying. The local governor's office (in Ercis) first said they would tell us where to throw the rubble, but they could not decide on a place and so they told us to leave it somewhere near the lake. Here we are, the truck driver said.

Britain has pledged emergency tents for more than 5,500 people whose homes were destroyed.

The pictures below highlight how hard life has become for the quake-affected people in Turkey.