Update as of 7:50 a.m. EDT: A second suspect involved in Monday's shooting near the University of California, Santa Barbara campus, turned himself in early on Tuesday, according to CBS Los Angeles. The suspect, who authorities said was not a student, had reportedly fled the scene in a white sedan after the shooting, which injured three, including another suspect in the incident.

Update as of 1:25 a.m. EDT: Three men in their early 20s were taken to a hospital with moderate injuries, and one of the injured is believed to be a suspect, the Associated Press reported, citing a statement from the local sherriff's office.

A fourth man, the second suspect, fled the scene in a white sedan, prompting a campus lockdown, which was lifted after about two hours, the report added.

Original story:

Two people were shot Monday night near the University of California, Santa Barbara campus, and police were looking for the gunman, who was suspected to have fled the area in a white sedan, authorities said. The incident occurred nearly a year after a deadly shooting rampage, which killed seven people including the gunman, in the college community.

According to the university, the shooting began shortly after 7:30 p.m. EDT in the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde Road, which is nearly a block away from the campus in a neighborhood of small apartments, the Associated Press (AP) reported, adding that the university campus and nearby areas of Isla Vista were being searched and student dormitories were locked down.

Later, an update on Twitter by the Daily Nexus, the university's student-run newspaper, said the lockdown had been lifted.

According to the Santa Barbara County Fire Department, the two wounded people were sent to a hospital with minor injuries. A third person and the gunman were reportedly wounded from an assault, but not from gunfire, the Los Angeles Times reported. All three are expected to survive, the report added.

According to KEYT, a local news network, the university sent out a campus alert: “At about 7:30 PM police and Sheriff s responded to the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde for a report of a shooting that had just occurred. A Hispanic male adult fled the area, possibly in a white sedan.  He was last seen driving toward Highway 217.  At this time, Police and Sheriff s are searching the area and investigating the incident.  People are advised to stay inside and shelter in place until further notice.”

Monday night’s shooting came nearly a year after a deadly attack on May 23, 2014, in neighboring Isla Vista, when a man named Elliot Rodger killed six people and injured 14 others before killing himself.