Shares of companies active in Friday's early trade are: Research In Motion, Finish Line, Accenture, JetBlue Airways, Holly, Western Refining, Embraer, Hitachi, SYNNEX and HealthSpring.
* Finish Line Inc. (NASDAQ:FINL) soared 5.6 percent to $19.44 in early trade. Finish Line reported fourth quarter income from continuing operations of $34.3 million, or $0.63 per share, up from $30.8 million or $0.56 per share a year ago, representing a 12.5% earnings per share increase. The mall-based specialty retailer said net sales rose 2.7% to $384.6 million. Comparable store net sales increased 4.0% in the fourth quarter on top of an increase of 10.0% for the same period a year ago.
* Accenture Plc (NYSE:ACN) rose 5.6 percent to $54.92 after its sales forecast topped analyst’s projections. The second-largest technology-consulting firm said third-quarter net revenue, or sales before reimbursements, will grow to a range of $6.3 billion to $6.5 billion, while analysts project $6.08 billion.
* JetBlue Airways Corp. (NASDAQ:JBLU) rose 5.5 percent to $6.35 in early trade. The stock was raised to 'Buy' at Soleil. In the past 52-weeks, the stock has been trading in the range of $5.14 to $7.60.
* Western Refining Inc. (NYSE:WNR) increased 5.6 percent to $17.38. In the past 52-weeks, the stock has been trading in the range of $4.01 to $18.28.
* Holly Corp. (NYSE:HOC) rose 4.76 percent to $58.93. Holly, an independent petroleum refiner, was raised to 'Buy' at BofA/ML. In the past 52-weeks, the stock has been trading in the range of $23.32 to $61.91.
* Research In Motion Ltd. (RIMM) stock plunged 9.6 percent to $57.83 in early trade, as it guided first quarter guidance below Street view. The BlackBerry maker said it expects first quarter earnings of $1.47 to $1.55 a share and revenue of $5.2 billion to $5.6 billion, while Street predicts profit of $1.65 a share on revenue of $5.64 billion. For full year 2012, the company expects earnings in excess of $7.50 a share, while Street predicts $6.81 a share.
* ADR's of Embraer S.A. (NYSE: ERJ) fell 6 percent to $32.96 in early trade. The company posted net income attributable to owners of Embraer of US$122.7 million in the fourth quarter on net sales of US$1.97 billion. Embraer delivered 31 commercial and 61 executive aircraft in the fourth quarter. In the past 52 weeks, the stock has been trading in the range of $19.94 to $35.41.
* ADR's of Hitachi Ltd. (NYSE: HIT) fell 5 percent to $50.52. In the past 52 weeks, the stock has been trading in the range of $35.00 to $65.29.
* SYNNEX Corp. (NYSE: SNX) slid 5.4 percent to $32.31. The company posted first quarter profit per share of 80 cents on revenue of $2.5 billion. Analysts project a profit of 79 cents per share. The business process services company, serves resellers, retailers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) worldwide
* HealthSpring Inc. (NYSE:HS) fell 5.2 percent to $35.99 in early trade. The company said late Thursday it agreed to sell 7.5 million shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering.