Shares of companies active in Tuesday's early trade are: Walgreen, Canadian Pacific Railway, Netflix Inc., Express Inc., Molycorp and St. Jude Medical.
* Shares of Walgreen Co. (NYSE: WAG) are down 7 percent to $39.96 in early trade. The drugstore chain posted quarterly profit of $739 million, or 80 cents a share, up from $669 million, or 68 cents, in the year-ago quarter. Second-quarter sales rose 8.9 percent to $18.5 billion, with comparable store sales grew 4.1 percent. As of Feb. 28, Walgreens operated 8,161 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam.
* Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. (NYSE: IVR) fell 4.3 percent to $21.22 in early trade. The company said it has priced a public offering of 19 million shares of its common stock. In the past 52-weeks, the stock has been trading in a range of $15.00 to $24.07.
* ADR's of Nidec Corp. (NYSE: NJ) fell 4.15 percent to $22.15. The company manufactures electric motors, and related components and equipment.
* Canadian Pacific Railway (NYSE: CP) declined 3.7 percent to $63.33, after the company said its first quartr earnings will be lower due to the impact of winter weather across the entire rail supply chain. CP expects earnings per share for the first quarter to be within the range of 12 to 22 cents. The severity and length of winter events on our operations combined with the lag in fuel recoveries have reduced earnings per share by around 40 cents versus last year, it said.
* Express Inc. (NYSE: EXPR) gained 7.8 percent to $18.76 after reporting a higher quarterly profit, helped by sales growth and lower expenses. The company said it remains confident that its strategies have it poised to report another strong year of growth in 2011.
* Molycorp Inc. (NYSE: MCP) rose 5.55 percent to $47.16. The largest U.S. producer of rare earths is on track to hit its first-quarter sales targets, helped by higher prices, Chief Executive Mark Smith told Reuters.
* St. Jude Medical, Inc. (NYSE: STJ) rose 5.2 percent to $50.95. In the past 52-weeks, the stock has been trading in a range of $34.00 to $51.13. The company makes cardiovascular medical devices for the global cardiac rhythm management, cardiology and cardiac surgery and atrial fibrillation therapy areas and neurostimulation medical devices for the management of chronic pain.
* International Coal Group, Inc. (NYSE: ICO) gained 4.25 percent to $10.80. In the past 52-weeks, the stock has been trading in a range of $3.59 to $11.06.
* NxStage Medical Inc. (NASDAQ: NXTM) rose 5 percent to $22.16 in early trade. In the past 52-weeks, the stock has been trading in a range of $10.11 to $27.12. The medical device company makes products for the treatment of kidney failure, fluid overload and related blood treatments and procedures.
* Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) stock gained 3.74 percent to $220.81 in early trade after Credit Suisse AG raised its rating on the stock to "outperform".