Sometimes people who complain about Valentine's Day sound like they're just, well, complaining. For most people, it's easy to be cynical, but hard to be humorous about a day that's seen as cheesy, embittering and commercialized. To cheer up your girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse or single friends unhappy about Saturday's celebrations, below are a few funny quotes for him, her and your friends to celebrate the holiday spirit.
#ThoseThreeWords: If someone says "I love you" and you don't feel the same way, just say "I love YouTube" really fast.
â€” Not Will Ferrell (@itsWillyFerrell) November 17, 2011
2. “Today is Valentine's Day. Or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day.” -- Jay Leno
3. "Men always want to be a woman's first love -- women like to be a man's last romance." -- Oscar Wilde
4. “I wanted to make it really special on Valentine's Day, so I tied my boyfriend up. And for three solid hours I watched whatever I wanted on TV.” -- Tracy Smith
5. "Don’t forget to leave work early today so that people actually think you have Valentine’s Day plans." - an eCard
Well I just watched a hawk attack, kill, and eat a dove in my backyard and if that's not a Valentine's Day metaphor I don't know what is.
— Anne T. Donahue (@annetdonahue) February 14, 2014
7. “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” — Jules Renard
8. “Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.” — Albert Einstein