“The Vampire Diaries” is coming back after more than a month in the coffin, but everything has changed. When Season 7 left off, both Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) were stabbed with the Phoenix Stone sword. Their souls are now trapped in their own version of hell, and Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Caroline (Candice King) will have to figure out how to save them. In the midseason premiere, they’ll learn that saving their friends isn’t the easiest job. Check out what’s planned for Season 7, episode 10:
1. Civil War – Damon’s version of hell is a blast from the past. He’ll be back in the army during the Civil War. “The episode plunges the audience head first into a not-so-typical Damon mess,” executive producer Caroline Dries told Entertainment Weekly. “It’s a grueling, frustrating, at times even a little hilarious examination of one of our favorite and most damaged characters. Turns out that in the murk of Damon Salvatore’s psyche, redemption isn’t easy to find.”
2. A Special Guest Star – While Damon is in the Phoenix Stone, he’ll meet with someone that only a few people will remember. “There’s one familiar face that the diehard fans will recognize,” Dries told EW. “It will be a nice callback. I’m excited to see if anyone remembers what we’re talking about.”
3. Stefan’s Body – In the promo video, it looks like Julian (Todd Lasance) will try to make sure Stefan can’t come back. He wants to destroy Stefan’s body, and Caroline worries that she’ll never see her love again.
4. Stefan’s Hell – While Damon goes back to his roots, Stefan won’t be reliving that particular part of his past. The producers are keeping details about Stefan’s experience in hell under wraps, and Dries simply told TVLine, “his hellscape will be shown differently from the way we see Damon's.”
5. Damon’s Wild Ways – Damon, as usual, will fall back into his bad boy ways when thing get tough. However, the writers are intentionally showing the boys returning to their old habits. “We’re now seven years later and they’ve been through a lot more present day experiences but these are patterns of behavior that have been established since they were teenagers, real teenagers,” executive producer Julie Plec told the Hollywood Reporter last month. “It’s a cycle that Stefan is starting to understand his role in Damon’s life and Damon’s priorities and where he sits on that list and vice versa.”
6. Time Jump – A sneak-peek video from “The Vampire Diaries” midseason premiere shows Bonnie bringing Damon back to life. However, she reveals that Damon has been dead for three months. Watch the “Vampire Diaries” Season 7, episode 10 clip below:
7. New Night – If you missed the big news, both “The Vampire Diaries” and “The Originals” have moved to Fridays. Make sure to tune in or set your DVRs for the new day.
“The Vampire Diaries” Season 7 winter premiere airs Friday at 8 p.m. EST on the CW.