The HTC Droid Eris will be available alongside the Motorola Droid this Friday, November 6 in Verizon stores and its appears to be ahead of its Droid competitor in three key aspects.
In terms of price, the Droid Eris will cost $99 with a two-year contract after a $100 mail in rebate, making it the most affordable Android phone currently available - and its half the price of the Droid.
Secondly, the Droid Eris runs HTC's slick Sense user interface overlay, which is more aesthetically appealing than the Android 2.0 (also known as Éclair) user interface.
Thirdly, the Droid Eris is lighter, and more pocket-friendly than the Droid.
Below is a list of the features available on the HTC DROID ERIS:
- Qualcomm MSM 7600 528MHz processor
- CDMA/EV-DO Rev A. support
- 3.2 inch 320×480 HVGA capacitive touch screen and trackball interface
- 5.0 megapixel auto focus camera
- Expandable memory with pre-installed 8 GB microSD card
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3.5 mm headset connectivity
- Integrated GPS and a digital compass with a sensor that enables the phone to know what direction it is facing
- Smart dialer for simplified dialing by name, number or initials
- Dimensions of 4.45 x 2.19 x 0.51 inches and 4.23 ounces
- 1300 mAh Li-Ion battery