Well, that was worth the wait! On Monday night, VH1 Hip Hop Honors made its way back to the small screen after going on a six-year hiatus. And in honor of the event’s anticipated return, your favorite artists pulled out all the stops as they paid homage to the industry’s most iconic rappers.
The legendary performers who were given a tribute during the 2016 Hip Hop Honors were Queen Latifa, Salt-N-Pepa, Missy Elliot and Lil’ Kim. The network revealed to the Associate Press in May that they wanted the event, which first premiered in 2004, to focus on the female pioneers who blazed a trail in a male-dominated field.
Check out some of the best performances from VH1’s Hip Hop Honors: “All Hail The Queens” below:
1. Salt-N-Pepa Performance Tribute
2. Queen Latifah Peforms “U.N.I.T.Y”
3. Missy Elliot Performance Tribute
4. Remy Ma And Fat Joe Perform “All The Way Up”
5. Naughty By Nature Performs “Hip Hop Hooray”
6. Lil’ Kim Performance Tribute
7. “Lady Marmalade” Medley
8. “Lighter’s Up” Medley
9. Queen Latifa Performs Some Of Her Hits
What was your favorite peformance from the 2016 VH1 Hip Hop Honors? Sound off in the comments section below.