Today, VIASPACE Inc., and its subsidiary VIASPACE Green Energy Inc. (OTCBB: VGREF), announced that CEO Dr. Carl Kukkonen was featured in an exclusive new audio-taped webcast interview for the purpose of updating VIASPACE shareholders and the investment community about the company’s recent developments and growth plans. The webcast is now available on the “Webcasts” page at www.TheGreenBaron.com.
During the interview, Kukkonen covered a variety of topics including:
• How Giant King™ Grass can effectively replace coal as the heat source used by power plants to produce electricity. Giant King Grass is carbon-emissions neutral and can help power plants worldwide meet their objectives of lower carbon emissions.
• Giant King Grass can produce ten times more mass per acre than corn straw or wheat straw or other agricultural waste feedstocks. Higher yield is a main differentiator when compared to other biomass alternatives along with the fact that Giant King Grass can grow on marginal land and does not need to use land currently used for food production.
• Recent independent testing of Giant King Grass showed good results as a feedstock for producing second-generation cellulosic biofuels, such ethanol and butanol, and biomass-based chemicals. In summary, the test data shows that VIASPACE’s proprietary Giant King Grass has essentially the same properties as corn stover and wheat straw, which are current leading candidate feedstocks for making not only cellulosic biofuels but also a wide range of biochemicals.
• Recent announcement that the Company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with PT Provident Agro of Jakarta Indonesia with the goal to use Giant King Grass as feedstock for a large scale pellet mill to manufacture a minimum of 300,000 metric tonnes per year of pellets for the export market, primarily in Europe. Provident Agro owns extensive oil palm plantations and land in Sumatra, Kalimantan and Sulawesi, Indonesia with a total land bank of 150,000 hectares (370,000 acres) producing more than 23,500 tons of crude palm oil each year.
• VIASPACE’s Inter-Pacific Arts business unit has received new customer orders for framed art for delivery in the first half of 2011. The Company expects revenues for the first half of 2011 to double 2010 levels. Revenues were $1,377,000 for the first six months of 2010. Inter-Pacific Arts is profitable and the Company plans to use those profits to invest in the development of its Giant King Grass business.
• VIASPACE also continues to promote its first renewable energy/biomass product for sale: Green Log™ fireplace and campfire logs which are manufactured from Giant King Grass for sale to potential customers that include large and medium size hardware stores, big box stores, grocery stores, and drugstore chains and other retailers. Green Logs are the first manufactured fire logs to be produced solely from a dedicated renewable energy crop.
In today’s press release, it was also noted that The Green Baron Report recently issued an updated “Stock Pick” profile on VIASPACE, Inc. to its members and is available on their website. The report focused on how VIASPACE’s Giant King™ Grass is becoming a respected biomass alternative for replacing fossil fuel. The report noted that, “The Company has spent the past two years educating world leaders and company executives about the benefits of this environmental answer to energy production. Although it seems like it’s been a long road, we believe success is now within reach.”
Let us hear your thoughts: VIASPACE, Inc. Message Board